Thread: HELP! OVGE needs your assistance!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default HELP! OVGE needs your assistance!

If some of you happen to catch my post in the computers forum over at AA. You will notice that my primary PC finally had a massive drive crash today. As a result, I've had to restore from a 2 year old ghost image. Needless to say, all contacts, e-mails, phone numbers, and pretty much everything having to do with the OVGE and previous shows has now been lost permanently in this latest drive crash.

I need your help!!!

Everyone who has contacted me for space or sponsorship in this year's event, PLEASE sent me a new e-mail to OVGE@cox.net so I can get the mailing list rebuilt and most import get the tables re-assigned.

So if you e-mailed me for this event needing space etc. Please contact me ASAP!

Thank you for your time and hopeful understanding.

Great Puma (Level 12) DeputyMoniker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    tellUwut

Do you still have the old drive? I may be able to recover your data. I haven't done it in a few years but I did have a lot of success back in the day. I used to make a lot of money doing that. There is a lot of $$ in data recovery.

I recently moved and I haven't gotten around to unpacking everything. I'd have to do it at your place because I don't have a PC set up here. I can use my laptop but it's a Mac and I don't know this OS very well at all. I can boot into XP but I can't guarantee it will run reliably.

I would need the following tools:
    1. Your PC.
    2. Italian sausage and green pepper pizza. (No beer.)
    3. Time. It will probably take a while.

I'll do it for free. Just to help with OVGE in some way.
    Shoot me a PM if you need me to give it a shot.
    EDIT: I won't need an external HDD enclosure if you have a decent PC and a free cable for the drive.
    Last edited by DeputyMoniker; 06-19-2008 at 05:21 AM.

Click here to view my collection.
    DP FFXIV Username & Server List.

PSN, Switch, U, Steam, and Twitch: tellUwut

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I appreciate the offer tons! However, about 2 hours after I made that post I said to hell with it and just reimaged the entire drive with a ghost image backup I made 2 years ago. The good news is that the drive itself seems to be just fine physically. And I have my OS and most of the applications back that I needed.

However, all the personal data at that time the backup was made exhisted on a different HDD that used to also be installed. Note I said used to be. After I got the 300gb, I moved all data from the other two to that 300gb and didn't look back.

The backup I had was only a backup of the OS and applications. Not the other stuff I also ended up wishing I had backed up. I lost over 1000 MP3s I had created, which I can create again. 8+ years of digital photos. All of my flash source files used on the OVGE website (Which honestly, I'm not sure I can re-create since I sorta did most of it by accident in the first place). All of the OVGE source graphics in very very very high resolution. And all of my e-mails and other docs.

At this point is it moot. I just need everyone who wants to be a part of the show this year to shoot me an e-mail so that I do have recent contact information should I need it.