Thread: Help me! Pictures needed please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Help me! Pictures needed please.

Hey there.
    I hope my thread is ok, I'm gonna ask a favour to all of you.

Let me explain.
    I am a member and administrator of the french site http://www.megaoldies.net/ which is about listing all possible games in all possible versions, each game being added to the database with a real picture (and not a scan) showing the box, the booklet and the cartridge, cd or dvd or anything else which is included.
    Since most members of this site are french, we're lacking of games in their US versions. That's where you can help.

My first goal is to add more US games of the N64 (I start with the N64 because it's my favourite system but pictures of games which are not N64 would be fine too).
    I'm not asking you to go and take pictures of your games just for that purpose (well actually that'd be great but I'm not asking that much ^^) but I know you people who collect video games often take pictures of your games, when you want to show the latest games you've bought, or when you need to sell games, etc. So you might already have pictures available.

All you need to do if you want to help me is to send me pictures of US games (the best being a picture showing a complete game rather than a picture of a simple cartridge, for instance something like this is what I'm hoping for : http://www.megaoldies.net/jeuDetail_...ct%20Dark.html ).
    No scans, no pictures from someone else please. It has to be your game so I can be sure that the owner of the game allows me to use his picture for my site (and I'll use your picture ONLY for this site). Obviously I'll do all the job of adding the game informations to the site, I just need pictures.

You can email me pictures at this adress. Or I guess you can just post them here if you want to.
    I hope I'll get some help from you, thanks a lot!
    Last edited by Wabs; 06-19-2008 at 01:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sounds like a cool effort unfortunatly the vast majority of my n64 games are loose. ill see what i have complete and try to get you some pictures tonight though. Best of luck with what is a HUGE undertaking.
    For lucky best wash, use Mr. Sparkle.

DP Feedback Thread
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...ight=mrsparkle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Cinder6

Best of luck. I'm tagging this thread, because I can supply a complete Ogre Battle 64 shot, assuming nobody else does before me.
    Knowledge is Power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

MrSparkle : thanks a LOT! Very kind, I hope to get some nice pictures from you, merciiiii !
    Cinder6 : well Ogre Battle (US) is already in our database (http://www.megaoldies.net/jeuDetail_...20Caliber.html) but thanks for your proposition, if there's any other picture you think you can provide (even if it's not N64-related), feel free to do so, thx.

Starman (Level 23) Phosphor Dot Fossils's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wabs - you might want to contact the guys at RFgeneration.com and see if you can set up some sort of joint venture, as they have a ton of that kind of stuff at their site. Maybe you can share some of your non-U.S. stuff with them in exchange? Just an idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mine are loose, sorry I can't help ya. Although I do have HM64 instruction manual and game....ah I love my N64.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Phosphor Dot Fossils : thanks for the tip, I didn't know this site. Great site indeed with a huge database but they seem to use only scans for their site right? Whereas we try to use real pictures only so a joint-venture wouldn't help much I guess.