Thread: N64 Sin And Punishment

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Mischief Makers is Enix by the way... any link to Treasure? Should really examine the box more closely...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by maxlords
    Alien Soldier is actually not THAT spendy in Europe
    Expect to pay £25-£40 ($40-$60) for a complete PAL copy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anagrama
    Quote Originally Posted by maxlords
    Alien Soldier is actually not THAT spendy in Europe
    Expect to pay £25-£40 ($40-$60) for a complete PAL copy
    Unless you buy it off ebay for over $100 *sob!*

And Mayhem, Mischief Makers was released by Enix stateside, but it's made by Treasure.
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

True I guess... though the only real place Treasure is mentioned in the Japanese version (from my memory) is on the title screen... I don't recall seeing their name on the packaging!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You can rest assured that MM was 100% developed by Treasure. I mean, it should be pretty obvious when you're playing it. Only Treasure could be that weird. :)

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Treasure games

£25 - £40 for Alien Soldier complete???? Unless you live in Bargain Street and wear trousers woven out of four leafed clovers, I'd say that was pretty unlikely. If you can get me one for £25, then let me know, please!! From what I have seen £60 ($90) is more like it.

And Yu Yu Hakusho is actually a pretty good game. It is kind of like a predecessor to Guardian Heroes (multiplayer action, characters can jump into the foreground or background, loads of moves etc.) I just snagged a copy of this game, so I am feeling quite pleased with myself :-)

I too was decidedly underwhelmed by Radiant Silvergun. Played it at a freind's, and I am very glad I never splashed out on it! It's not got a patch on Ikaruga. And to be honest, I think some of the other Saturn shooters are better. Don't believe the hype.

Vroomfunkel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I enjoy Radiant's style and mood much more than Ikaruga's, which is much less rich. I don't enjoy playing either, though. They're far too rigid in their gameplay mechanics, particularly Radiant. You play (chain) how the designers want you to or you do horribly. Not my idea of fun.

Thankfully, I got my Radiant for $49 at EB back in 1999. That last Saturn import they had was my first Saturn game. What a way to start. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Treasure games

Quote Originally Posted by Vroomfunkel
    I too was decidedly underwhelmed by Radiant Silvergun. Played it at a freind's, and I am very glad I never splashed out on it! It's not got a patch on Ikaruga. And to be honest, I think some of the other Saturn shooters are better. Don't believe the hype.

Vroomfunkel
    Agreed. I rather decidedly enjoyed stuff like Soukyugurentai and Guardian Force far more than RS. And they're a LOT cheaper. Now if only I could afford a blasted Sengoku Blade.....
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Re: Treasure games

Quote Originally Posted by Vroomfunkel
    £25 - £40 for Alien Soldier complete???? Unless you live in Bargain Street and wear trousers woven out of four leafed clovers, I'd say that was pretty unlikely. If you can get me one for £25, then let me know, please!! From what I have seen £60 ($90) is more like it.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...&category=3644

OK, so it's not mint, but that's a complete copy for £24. There's been others aswell in the last 3 or 4 months for under £30.
    £60 would be borderline reasonable if its mint & sealed, but too much otherwise.
    And besides, aren't DP prices meant to be a little under the going eBay rate?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I finally received Sin and Punishment today! Holy crap! This game is phenominal! I think Nintendo not deciding to bring this game to the USA was a veryvery big mistake. This could have at least lengthened the life of the N64. Back to playing!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zektor View Post
    I finally received Sin and Punishment today! Holy crap! This game is phenominal! I think Nintendo not deciding to bring this game to the USA was a veryvery big mistake. This could have at least lengthened the life of the N64. Back to playing!
    Hi, is your Sin and Punishment working with SFX 64 Adaptor on PAL N64 ?

Also what version of Blaze SFX 64 adaptor you have, exist four versions -
    first one, black cartridge and no any V in name, this cartridge look like gray V2 and V3 cartridges.
    second - V2, gray cartridge
    third - V3, gray cartridge
    fourth - V4, black cartridge again, but absulutly different design, look like XPLoder 64 - cheating cartridge also from Blaze

Thanks for any infos, i like bo buy this import adaptor, but i have offer for first version and not know if will be Sin and Punishment running with them.

PS: Merry Christmas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Dude wow, you woke up a task from 10 years ago. Yes a whole decade. Good luck getting your answer on that.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Dude wow, you woke up a task from 10 years ago. Yes a whole decade. Good luck getting your answer on that.
    Yes, old thread. But i see that user "zektor" was online yesterday - he is active. So I adres this mainly to him because he probably have adaptor Blaze first version, and game Sin and Puni9shment. He can tell me if this game work with this first version of Blaze SFX 64 Universal Game Adaptor.

I found many other forums/thread with people who have some N64 import adaptor/adapter and Sin and Punishment game,
    but this its best chance to me determine if first version of SFX 64 work with Sin and Punishment.

If I not receive required information, I start new thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skel64 View Post
    So I adres this mainly to him because he He can tell me if this game work with this first version of Blaze SFX 64 Universal Game Adaptor.

Why use any adapter?
    Just cut the plastic region tabs out from your console.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why aren't you playing it right now????

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Koa Zo View Post
    Why use any adapter?
    Just cut the plastic region tabs out from your console.
    I am from Europe, i have PAL N64. I future i buy NTSC-J or NTSC-U N64 and do RGB mod for better picture quality, but now I like to buy this adapter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skel64 View Post
    I am from Europe, i have PAL N64. I future i buy NTSC-J or NTSC-U N64 and do RGB mod for better picture quality, but now I like to buy this adapter.
    Ah, I see. Sorry I cant help.
    I hope one day soon you get to enjoy this radical game!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Passport Plus III can do many things = Sin and Punishment working on PAL console + N64 save backup and more !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Koa Zo View Post
    Ah, I see. Sorry I cant help.
    I hope one day soon you get to enjoy this radical game!

- sorry for many capitals in this reply, but more important things is needet to highlight...

Hi,

so finaly I buy Passport Plus III - Now great N64 game Sin and Punishment is working on my PAL N64 console !!!

I discover that SFX 64 version one is just straight through device - so totaly useless because we European players need adaptor with PAL boot cartridge to play NTSC-J/U games on our N64's and in oposite american players can dismantle plastic cuts that block use of japan cartridges on your consoles.

V2 and V3 is good devices, that use boot cartridge and allow to use NTSC-J/U games on PAL console or vice versa but this version is relative old and Sin & Punishment is N64 game from November 2000 so V2 and V3 probably not have support for this game.

V4 is best of all N64 region adaptors but is even second hand more that tvice expensive that new Passport Plus III.

All others N64 region adaptors have support for just +-50% of games.

And now about Passport Plus III - many people throv hate to this region converter but these people not know how to use it properly. Passport Plus III can freeze by improper use, also I read post from one guy on another forum who buy Passport Plus III(PP III) just for play Sin and Punishment on PAL console and he start trolling to PP III because game not working for him - he wrote that he try to use code that allow to play Sin & P with PP III and not work, then he try another code and not work... - BUT HE WAS SO STUPID THAT NOT SEE IN PASSPORT PLUS III MENU ABILITY TO USE MORE THAN ONE CODE AT A TIME !!@#$!
    Yes, Sin and Punishment is one of few games that need to use on Passport Plus III two boot codes together for play it !
    HERE IS THESE CODES:

E1100304 00000000
    E93D0054 0000003F

Its nothing hard to do - just before first play create in Passport Plus III menu new entry(give it name as you like but best is use name of game - Sin and Punishment :-), open that new entry, SWITCH PASSPORT PLUS III CODE MODE FOR THAT ONE WITH CORRECT AMOUNT OF DIGITS(that is very imortant, many people goes wrong here - Passport Plus III have three modes for codes, all three for different long codes), ENTER FIRST NEW CODE - E1100304 00000000 (or thet second - it's not important in what order you enter codes) AND SAVE IT !!!
    REPEAT THIS ALSO FOR SECOND CODE - YOU CAN SAVE JUST ONE NEW CODE AT ONE INPUT TO THAT NEW ENTRY !!! Even that menu for that adding of new codes look like you can enter more codes at one time(has more lines for codes), when you try to enter second code first one is replaced - so enter code and SAVE IT ! Than pres exit button to Passport Plus III game codes menu(it's NOT NEEDET TO EXIT IN START SCREEN OR EVEN RESET CONSOLE, JUST ONE LEVEL UP) ! NOW ENTER TO THAT ENTRY WHERE YOU SAVE FIRST CODE AGAIN(so it is Sin and Punishment entry - if you use this name) AND REPEATE PROCEDURE WITH SECOND CODE !!! Codes will be saved in Passport Plus III permanent - you not need to typing it again(only if you remove it from Passport Plus III code's menu) !!!

After SAVING of these TWO CODE'S you CAN play SIN and PUNISHMENT every time you want just put Sin and Punishment on top of Passport Plus III, put some PAL game as boot game in back of PP III (Super Mario 64 or International Soccer Superstar 64 working perfect - many more games work perfect, just not use games that have battery in cartridge like Ocarina of Time because you saves can be demaged), in Passport Plus III menu select "start game with codes", select that code entry that you create for Sin and Punishment(on bottom part of screen you will then see line "two codes is enabled") and run game !!!

IF YOU ARE NOT DUMMY PERSONS YOU CAN DO ALL THIS IN 3 to 8 MINUTES --> depends on how quickly you will understand with button have given with function like "back" , "enter new" , "save" etc. - it's in Passport Plus III menu showed on bottom part of screen.

99% OF BAD THINGS THAT YOU MAYBE READ ABOUT PASSPORT PLUS III IS NOT TRUE - IF YOU PROPPER USE IT IT'S NOT FREEZE, NOT DEMAGE YOURSELF, NOT DEMAGE ANY GAME OR GAME SAVE ETC.

Almost all N64 games working(with proper boot code/code's - very good list of codes is for example on cyberaxe.net), not important if you like to play European PAL game on US/Japan N64 or vice versa...
    Few games that not woking is:

* Taz Express
    * Bust A Move 3 DX
    * Premier Manager 64
    * F-1 World Grand Prix II
    * Michael Owen's World League Soccer 2000
    * Worms Armageddon
    * Cruis'n Exotica

And of curse I almost forgot - Passport Plus III have also integrated GameShark/Action Replay that contain also support for copy N64 Memory Cart's(Controller Pack's) and for backup/copy saves from cartridge to memory card.
    I check that Passport Plus III can backup saves from N64 cartridges that use 4 Kilobit EEPROM and 16 Kilobit EEPROM for saving. On N64 games cartridges that use SRAM or FlashRAM for saves Passport Plus III not "see" any save on cartridge - I not know if this saves can be backup with normal standalone GameShark/Action Replay but from all N64 games use SRAM or FlashRAM these games:

SRAM cartridges:

1080º Snowboarding
    F-Zero X
    Harvest Moon 64
    Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The
    Major League Baseball featuring Ken Griffey Jr.
    Mario Golf
    New Tetris, The
    Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber
    Resident Evil 2
    Super Smash Bros.
    WCW/NWO Revenge
    WWF: Wrestlemania 2000

FlashRAM cartridges:

Command & Conquer
    Jet Force Gemini Kiosk
    Jet Force Gemini
    Ken Griffey Jr's Slugfest
    Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, The
    Megaman 64
    NBA Courtside 2 featuring Kobe Bryant
    Paper Mario
    Pokémon Puzzle League
    Pokémon Snap
    Pokémon Stadium
    Pokémon Stadium 2
    Starcraft 64
    Tigger's Honey Hunt
    WWF: No Mercy

So all other games that save on cartridge can be by Passport Plus III copied to Memory Card.
    Also I check that even bigger capacity non original Nintendo 64 memory cart's working too - I try InterAct 1MB - 4xbank memory cart, Blaze 1MB - 4xbank memory cart and even Shock Wave 1MB memory cart with has 1MB memory not divided to more bank like have most of others 1MB N64 memory carts woking too without problems !

For price cca 20Euro's or 25-26$ US dollars is amazing device with can do many things for not too big price.
    Some of shops offer Passport Plus III for higher prices but you can buy new one for 20Euro's or 25-26$ US dollars on eBay, Play-Asia etc.

PS: Like I write on start of this long reply, sorry for many uppercase characters - I not have time to use different colors for highlight important this and use just big symbols. Also sorry for typos and grammatical errors, I have no time for correct it. Maybe sometime in future I edit/update this reply and correct typos/grammatic, thanks you for understanding.