Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guitar Hero On Tour - Your Thoughts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Guitar Hero On Tour - Your Thoughts

I was able to obtain a copy of Guitar Hero On Tour today from a retailer that was goodly enough to break street date. At first glance the outer packaging is very nice. Upon opening the box, there is a plastic caddy that holds the game cartridge in an SD style snapcase, an adaptor for the DS phat, and the guitar peripheral itself, which in turn houses the stylus. It upset me that the game software itself is not in a clamshell case, instead they cheaped out with the little snapcase, leaving the manual floating around in the outer box.

Upon playing the game, I first noticed that the game is not lefty friendly at all, even with lefty flip and color flip enabled. In addition, I had a large degree of difficulty even being able to accurately depress the blue fret button on account of having short pinkies. The peripheral itself does not stay inserted into the DS well at all, causing me to at one point drop my DS. The game itself looks very good, sounds good, and is as intuitive as the touchpad will allow it to be. I however, just found it to be a little too frustrating for my tastes and had to box it back up.

Also, the $50 price tag seems a little prohibitive for most folks out there. I'm just curious as to others' thoughts and opinions...
    Last edited by Carey85; 06-21-2008 at 03:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    her partially exposed butthole offends my christian sensibilities yet makes me want to play jet force gemini

<skaar> Let's triforce our dicks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carey85 View Post
    Upon playing the game, I first noticed that the game is not lefty friendly at all, even with lefty flip and color flip enabled.
    That's what I was afraid of. Guess I won't be buying it after all.

Strawberry (Level 2) Dastardly Dylan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    D2ME
    PSN
    D2ME

I have the game pre-ordered at my local Gamecrazy, and I can't wait to get it!

Wii: 7782-6113-4774-2333
    Teh Pwn Shop! - YouTube - Twitter

Insert Coin (Level 0) NytroSkull7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    NytroSkull7

Quote Originally Posted by Carey85 View Post
    I was able to obtain a copy of Guitar Hero On Tour today from a retailer that was goodly enough to break street date. At first glance the outer packaging is very nice. Upon opening the box, there is a plastic caddy that holds the game cartridge in an SD style snapcase, an adaptor for the DS phat, and the guitar peripheral itself, which in turn houses the stylus. It upset me that the game software itself is not in a clamshell case, instead they cheaped out with the little snapcase, leaving the manual floating around in the outer box.

Upon playing the game, I first noticed that the game is not lefty friendly at all, even with lefty flip and color flip enabled. In addition, I had a large degree of difficulty even being able to accurately depress the blue fret button on account of having short pinkies. The peripheral itself does not stay inserted into the DS well at all, causing me to at one point drop my DS. The game itself looks very good, sounds good, and is as intuitive as the touchpad will allow it to be. I however, just found it to be a little too frustrating for my tastes and had to box it back up.

Also, the $50 price tag seems a little prohibitive for most folks out there. I'm just curious as to others' thoughts and opinions...
    Well you killed it for me all together! O well back to GBA

Banana (Level 7) kaedesdisciple's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa View Post
    That's what I was afraid of. Guess I won't be buying it after all.
    ditto, saves me some cash. Go lefties!

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

I tried it out last weekend at the TRU event. It wasn't too bad, though using the touch screen to strum takes a bit of getting used too. They also had a display unit out today, though it was impossible to play, due to it being strapped to a metal bar and only three feet off the ground.

I already pre-ordered it (due to the TRU event demo girl being too damn cute for my own good), so I guess I've gotta pick it up eventually...

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    walrusmonger
    PSN
    walrusmonger

I love the strumming, I hate how uncomfortable it is to hold. The game is also mind-numbingly easy, but made hard only because of how hard it is to hold properly. I like the song selection though, but for $50 I would say hold off and get Aerosmith when it comes out next week for an extra $10 if you have a guitar already.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

I tried it out today.

Here are my abbreviated thoughts :

I had no problems with the fret buttons or the pick stylus, and was actually impressed with the quality of both.

I almost immediately felt my hand/wrist stressing out and could easily see it causing cramps after extended playing sessions.

I noticed that no matter what I did, the DS Lite suffers from MAJOR viewing angle issues when held vertically and at the angle needed to play Guitar Hero on tour. There was a serious lack of lighting brightness/clarity.

Overall, very novel and not bad at all. But with no DLC and only about 20 songs ... I can't see it having much replay value after mastering all the songs on the hardest levels.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I purchased the Guitar Hero DS Lite bundle set (I needed a new Lite anyway, and wanted the game) and it is pretty good in my opinion. It is really amazing what they did to accomplish this game on the portable. What they should have done tho is to add a microSD slot to the game card to add downloadable content to the game....maybe an idea for the next game if anyone is listening?

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Bah, I'm left-handed and I have small hands, so I guess I can forget about it and just concentrate on getting my copies of Daigasso Band Bros. and its expansion pack back from the guy I sold them to (no profit on either side, so it's all good).

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Was able to actually hold a copy that was sitting out at Target today on an aisle-cap display. The fret controller is too small for my hands... I had to press my fingers together very tightly to rest all four over the buttons. ACK! No good! Abort purchase, repeat, abort purchase.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, in my case, no amount of dexterity will overcome the laws of physics. It's literally more cramped than the 23rd-24th fret on a 3/4 scale Jackson neck. For those of you who can't apply that analogy... it's pretty damn scrunched. Game analogy? Alright... Twister's handling rating from Twisted Metal... Ultra Tight!

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im thinking this game going to be good, the review of it in many site look intresting im looking forward to this game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Should be considered game of the year imo.

Absolutely fucking love it. Once you get down how it works it's damn flawless in execution, I can't stress how the sensitivity is just so damn in synch with the game, great job.

The fact that careers track scores between each other and you can contend for hi scores with friends and input intials make it that much better.

If only they would have included leaderboards and online matches this would have been the best Guitar Hero all around. As it stands it is a MUST for every DS owner and actually makes me want to play other DS games now. Killer app.

Strawberry (Level 2) Dastardly Dylan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    D2ME
    PSN
    D2ME

Well, now that I have the game I might as well share my thoughts on how I feel about this game:

- Soundtrack. They could of made a better soundtrack for this game, most songs are EASY and most are even from GH3.

- Cramps? I don't know what everyone is talking about. The game feels awesome and comfortable when I'm playing it, not once have I gotten a cramp from this game.

- 4 fret buttons? No, I'm not sayng it's bad, it's good cause if they made 5 then I would have a hand cramp. My only complaint is that sometimes it is impossible to even reach the Blue fret.

- Multiplayer. The Mulitiplayer is REALLY fun. A friend of mine has the game and the Guitar Battle is very fun and original. I have never seen some of the items used in any of the GH games before. It's also really cool with the DS cause you gotta sign T-shirts and stuff.

Overall, it's a good game, my only major complaint as I listed above is the soundtrack. I honeslty think they could of made a better soundtrack and a more challenging one.

Wii: 7782-6113-4774-2333
    Teh Pwn Shop! - YouTube - Twitter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    gutpocket

Does the controller work w/ the original Phatty DS?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    gutpocket

anyone?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Retrogamer72

Quote Originally Posted by xfrumx View Post
    Does the controller work w/ the original Phatty DS?
    Yes it comes with an adapter attachment for the Guitar Grip that allows it to be played on the original DS.
    Message me if you have a Case for Gamecube kiosk disc Version 17! (case only)
    Nintendemos: My Demo & NFR Website!
    DP Feedback

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yargh!!! Rock the Night by Europe is only available on the European version of the game! WTF? If it was The Final Countdown, it surely would've made it onto the US version. This is bullcrap.

Peach (Level 3) Princess-Isabela's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll get it.
    but only because I won't have to buying instruments all over again.
    I'm excited but not as much I'm about rockband 2.
    I was hoping smashing pumpkins 1979 would be in either game.
    oh well.
    super excited about who's pinball wizard though!