Thread: Xbox 360 Help

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Xbox 360 Help

I recently had my 360 RROD. I sent the system away and it's back now but every time I turn on the system it just says one profile found. I have to hook it up to xbox live and recover my gamer tag every time the system is turned off. Is there any way to make the system remember the tag like it used to before I mailed the system in?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Once gamertag is loaded click on the gamer tag and then go to auto sign in and enable it.
    neo geo system

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do you mean you have to download your XBox Live tag every time you boot the system? That's odd because once you recover a tag and download it into the system, it should stay there until you relocate it to another 360 or a memory card. But that just raises another question. If you are using the same hard drive or memory device as before, why do even have to recover your gamertag to begin with? If you continue to have problems, I would get Microsoft on the phone again. Can you give us any more details?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Quote Originally Posted by MadTitan View Post
    I recently had my 360 RROD. I sent the system away and it's back now but every time I turn on the system it just says one profile found. I have to hook it up to xbox live and recover my gamer tag every time the system is turned off. Is there any way to make the system remember the tag like it used to before I mailed the system in?

You need to turn on autologin. The reason why you think you have had to recover is because its not logging in, when you recover it logs you in. If you just login you will be set and you can turn on the autologin function.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, once I enabled auto login it starts up correctly every time. The problem now is the xbox live arcade games that i've downloaded. They think I only have the trial version unless I hook the computer up to xbox live. Do I need to delete these and re download them in order for them to work properly without being connected to xbox live? Thanks for all the help.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by MadTitan View Post
    Ok, once I enabled auto login it starts up correctly every time. The problem now is the xbox live arcade games that i've downloaded. They think I only have the trial version unless I hook the computer up to xbox live. Do I need to delete these and re download them in order for them to work properly without being connected to xbox live? Thanks for all the help.

Nope..... Won't do you any good. DRM (Digital Rights Management) issues for XBLA are widely known. The games when sold to you are attached to your Xbox's serial number... not to your gamertag. So if your system dies and they don't send you back your original system (which is pretty rare), you get saddled with this problem, if you don't leave your system hooked up to the internet. MS said that it was going to be corrected in June a few months back, but we're almost at the end of June and they havn't pulled the trigger yet.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

At some point MS is going to release a tool to "fix" the DRM issue. They're still trying to convince a few publishers that this is a good idea...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Do you work for Microsoft, ProgrammingAce? Your always posting information like your in the know, that isn't ever mentioned in the gaming press and such.

The official line is there's going to be a tool to fix this issue that will be released this month. I'm not privy to inside information, but I can't imagine they'd of ever announced this if there were still road blocks in the way.

Edit - Looks like I just wasn't looking closely enough, found plenty of confirmation doing a search just now from publically available sources.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 06-24-2008 at 01:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingAce View Post
    At some point MS is going to release a tool to "fix" the DRM issue. They're still trying to convince a few publishers that this is a good idea...
    I thought that they had finished that bs.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew