Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Castlevania...The Fighting Game...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Speaking of popular series that were made into fighting games, did anyone else play Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi on the Playstation? Better yet, did anyone else like it? Sure the controls were off(one of the biggest parts of any fighting game) but I enjoyed the fan service. Plus, I got to throw my lightsaber at people across the arena
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you call a bullet to the brain 'fan service'... OK...

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm glad you liked it to Icarus, lol.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Giganticus breathalizer Mr Mort's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fried Apples View Post
    This game looks dreadful... don't we have enough fighting games already? How come we need to take a good existing franchise and transform it into something it wasn't originally designed for?

Agreed. This is game is going to be full of epic fail.
    It's one thing to take a series in a new direction, and then there's stupidity like this.
    This is screaming of desperation, and I for one will not buy this and support the bastardization of one of gaming's most honoured franchises.

What's next? A Ninja Gaiden racing game? A Tetris beat-'em-up? A GTA educational game? A Super Mario flight simulator?

Please Konami, stop fucking with a great franchise and either do nothing with (i.e. no more games for now) or do it justice by releasing a true game in the series' continuity.
    Last edited by Mr Mort; 07-05-2008 at 12:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by RegSNES View Post
    If nothing else, I think it looks nice. I'm all for branching out but I can't help but cringe when I think of the concept of Castlevania as a fighting game. Heck, Mega Man would be better suited for a fighting game than the Belmonts and their friends and family.
    He already had one, you can play it in arcades and unlock it in the Mega Man Anniversary collection.
    Bacon, Bacon, Bacon, IT'S BACON!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    E Nice Geo

Simon Belmont was a fighting character, sorta, in that game DreamMix TV World Fighters. He got to go up against Solid Snake, Bomberman, Optimus Prime and other Konami, Hudson Soft and Takara characters.
    Murk: We will bring you Bob Barker. We will bring you the limp and beaten body of Bob Barker! - BTVS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    pnkfloyd71

I think it definitely looks interesting. This could open the door to other types of CV games (rpgs, etc). Let's hope the music is awesome remixes of classics! Also, hopefully there is online play. I think I will buy it when it comes out, why not? $50 is not a lot of money, and it could be a lot of fun..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So, how long until we get a Castlevania kart racing game?

(And even though it had Dracula, Konami Krazy Racers on the GBA doesn't count.)

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSpace View Post
    So, how long until we get a Castlevania kart racing game?

(And even though it had Dracula, Konami Krazy Racers on the GBA doesn't count.)
    Considering that Pyramid Head is a player character in the new Track and Field game, any minute now.

Seriously. Pyramid Head in Track and Field is about as appropriate as Darth Vader in SoulCalibur.

.... Shit.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by koster View Post
    Not interested in a Castlevania fighting game. A Castlevania Tactics game, on the other hand...
    I love this logic, everyone seems to have it. Any veering from the traditional formula of a long running franchise is a sin and it is doomed to failure...

...unless I personally think it is a good idea.

not meaning to rag on you personally koster, it's just the mentality that most people seem to have and your post seemed to suit my case more than others. If that game isn't your cup of tea, don't buy it, because it's not aimed at you anyway. The new DS game is more than likely what you're wanting, so buy that, and ignore this one. Jeez, one day you'll realize how much you can accomplish in life if you stop bitching online about things that aren't even aimed at you.

This game is for people who like Castlevania and happen to think that the characters would make for a good fighting game. If that's not you, then leave.

And complaining about their CLOTHES?! I mean c'mon! Life is just too short.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G-Boobie View Post
    Considering that Pyramid Head is a player character in the new Track and Field game, any minute now.

Seriously. Pyramid Head in Track and Field is about as appropriate as Darth Vader in SoulCalibur.

.... Shit.

I think Simon Belmont is in Track and Field too. Thread tie-in! Oh my.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by Cmosfm View Post
    I love this logic, everyone seems to have it. Any veering from the traditional formula of a long running franchise is a sin and it is doomed to failure...

...unless I personally think it is a good idea. [...] If that game isn't your cup of tea, don't buy it, because it's not aimed at you anyway. The new DS game is more than likely what you're wanting, so buy that, and ignore this one. Jeez, one day you'll realize how much you can accomplish in life if you stop bitching online about things that aren't even aimed at you.

This game is for people who like Castlevania and happen to think that the characters would make for a good fighting game. If that's not you, then leave.

And complaining about their CLOTHES?! I mean c'mon! Life is just too short.
    I understand you're personal angst in this regard, but allow me to explain why many of us are so annoyed and worried about it.

Castlevania is a series that lives very close to the edge. Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin sold alright... But not great, like the license used to. It's not a Halo, GTA, or MGS that's guaranteed a million or more in sales. One serious misstep and the series is run into the ground, and maybe we don't have even the DS games anymore.

I understand and even appreciate that Konami is taking a chance on something different with the Castlevania license here, but it has to be GOOD, and they couldn't have picked a more complex and rarified field to venture into than a 3D fighter. Even Project Soul and AM2 have missteps developing a fair, fun and balanced 3D fighter; it's hard to think that the team that produced Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness is going to equal even the worst those two have to offer.

If the upcoming fighting game is anything less than great, then it's leaning on it's license to sell to the fanboys and the fanboys only. That worries me, because if Konami learns that the only Castlevania games worth making and selling are portable metroidvania games, then the series is effectively dead. That would make me sad.

Christ, the only weirder title they could have announced would have been a Castlevania flight Sim. It's such a crazy idea I don't even have a smart ass name for it...
    Last edited by G-Boobie; 07-13-2008 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Ah gots ta be clarifyin' an' shit, yo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G-Boobie View Post
    One serious misstep and the series is run into the ground, and maybe we don't have even the DS games anymore.
    That misstep happened on the N64....twice. Trust me, I think this is a stupid idea too, but regardless of how good or bad it turns out--the Castlevania series will live on forever, especially since Dracula doesn't seem to know how to stay dead. I mean, at the end of each game there should be a screen that pops up and says: "You have put Dracula asleep...until he wakes up for the next game"
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P