Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The New Official Castlevania Thread!

Casual Collector Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Shotmastarich
    PSN
    Radiantsvgun

Well worth the wait. For all castlevania fans young and old, Kid Dracula is a must-play.
    www.famicomshop.com -best place for famicom stuff. Run by a DP member.
    Radiant's Ongoing Ebay Auctions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    theCHUDscame

On the subject of Castlevania, there are some fun game genie codes for the one on NES.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/nes/file/578318/25650

I like to play it with ILVEIN. Try it out.

Casual Collector Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Shotmastarich
    PSN
    Radiantsvgun

For all the Castlevania fans, you owe it to yourselves to play the Famicom versions of the games, including Kid Dracula. Each game has notable differences. The only problem is getting ahold of a Fami+ disk system.
    www.famicomshop.com -best place for famicom stuff. Run by a DP member.
    Radiant's Ongoing Ebay Auctions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    loonieman

So did anyone buy Order Of Ecclesia? I love it. It's much better than Portrait Of Ruin but not as good as Dawn Of Sorrow (in my opinion). I just reached Dracula's castle. I must say, this is a pretty large castlevania game. The difficulty is just right too.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMan View Post
    So did anyone buy Order Of Ecclesia? I love it. It's much better than Portrait Of Ruin but not as good as Dawn Of Sorrow (in my opinion). I just reached Dracula's castle. I must say, this is a pretty large castlevania game. The difficulty is just right too.
    I bought it and have been playing it lately, I agree with it being right in the middle of PoR and Dawn of Sorrow. The way they set up the exploration is different, but still holds true to what we have been seeing with the Metroidvania style games. Definately a must own for CV fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Hybreed
    PSN
    Casualfever

I bought the konamistyle le pak, so I'm going to have to wait until next week to get it. I'll post pics if anyone wants to see. We in europe have to wait until next year for the release, though many I know have ordered the us one. I just bought another DXC to play and I'm getting tattooed in 3 weeks so I haven't got the money to buy the us version right now. Super excited that it's good though. I wish the japanese version had the option to change the language to english though.
    Dracula: The constant villain of the series. His usual tactics include breaking a number of wine glasses and transforming into his true form.

Strawberry (Level 2) Arcade_Ness's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I can't rank the game yet, since I've only played it a little bit. I was quite surprised to see how difficult the game was. It feels like they made the game like an old Castlevania, which is a good thing. The change in art style is such a welcome change from the anime norm. Speaking of art they did completely new sprites for the enemies, instead of rehashes in previous entries. On top of that we get a female protagnoist(sp?)!
    I wouldn't mind a sequel of this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Hybreed
    PSN
    Casualfever

So yeah, got the konamistyle pak today. I'm not impressed and impressed at the same time. I dunno, I got it for 97 eur w/shipping at the time I bought it and I kinda don't think it was worth the money. This one loses to the DXC one in my opinion. Prices have gone up, play-asia lists this as 93 eur by itself now.

I didn't like the notebook, it's kind of small and lame, but I definitely digged the partly see through plastic poster. Maybe because I like hanging these on my wall. I actually tought it was going to be a small poster, not another huge ass one, and that I got off from the japanese page so I wasn't so sure play-asia's pak would come with one. So a nice surprise.

I got pix if anyone's interested http://irc-galleria.net/archive.php?...ge_id=92007028 .
    Dracula: The constant villain of the series. His usual tactics include breaking a number of wine glasses and transforming into his true form.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

1: I'm incredibly late for reporting in on a favorite all time boss battle, but I'd like to say that the finale against Dracula in CV3 has always held a nostalgic place in my heart when I finally beat it. I learned later that the Axe does you a world of good, but at least I was able to beat him without it.

2: I'm conflicted with Ecclesia: On the one hand, it's a fantastic game that's currently tied with Portrait of Ruin for "Best Handheld Castlevania." On the other, the "Metroidvania" style is still running a bit thin. On the third, I'd rather Konami keep making CV games like these instead of going in a new direction with Judgment.

3: Speaking of Judgment, has anyone seen Eric Lecarde's new design? Totally revolting. I mean... ARGH! >_<
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Hybreed
    PSN
    Casualfever

I hate the designs for Judgement. The art is good and stuff but it just doesn't feel like Castlevania at all, the designs would be kick ass in any other series, just get them out of my CV. I'd either prefer them to be old school or Kojima style. Post-apocalytic CV wtf.

I'm starting to miss Simon's feather boa. Also Alucard no longer looks badass, reminds me paladins from FF rather than the son of Dracula. At least Eric has some sensible clothes, but he reminds me of a 10 year old, and the clothes do remind me of DXC Maria too much.

Carmilla, what were they thinking, seriously. Carmilla has always been one of my favorite characters in the series, and even though she was naked on top of skull before that outfit even puts Ivy to shame. It just does not suit, Carmilla should be a refined sexy lady even when naked.

I could go on for days, seriously.
    Last edited by HYB; 11-06-2008 at 08:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thread, please rise from your grave!

All right, I have to say something otherwise they'll call me a troller. Last year I got so bored that I decided to play Vampire's Kiss again, and although not being particulary motivated, it went so smooth that I found myself in front of Dracula without having lost a single life:

Yes, then Dracula killed me...

:-|
    Last edited by LuxKiller65; 05-31-2009 at 01:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow that sucks. I just got Castlevania Dracula X for the PSP. I haven't played it yet since I need to upgrade my psp firmware. I haven't used my psp in about a year....hmm custom firmware help anyone?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Hybreed
    PSN
    Casualfever

I suck at old CV games so I've given up.

I still think that Ecclesia sucks.

And I got myself Legacy of Darkness and some other crap.

How have you been?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ah ah ah indeed, the new CVs have calmed our beef; thats why the thread got buried.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Hybreed
    PSN
    Casualfever

I predict that in the next CV it's possible to obtain IGA's underpants as an usable item.

That's how calmed the new games are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And you'll have to get Romain "Min" Belmont examine the undies to find pieces of beef. It's never calm enough, never.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Hybreed
    PSN
    Casualfever

Nae need to rub ur nipples.

Only IGA's pants.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm about to play thru the Saturn version of Symphony of the Night. It was either that or buy the 360 version. But I want to play thru this version first since I've had it for about two years and have never given it a try. I'm also finally going to play thru the first three Castlevania's on my Nes. So all four of them should be conquered sometime this month(well, once June starts tomorrow).
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    I'm about to play thru the Saturn version of Symphony of the Night. It was either that or buy the 360 version. But I want to play thru this version first since I've had it for about two years and have never given it a try. I'm also finally going to play thru the first three Castlevania's on my Nes. So all four of them should be conquered sometime this month(well, once June starts tomorrow).
    If you have a PSP buy Dracula X Chronicles. Not only is the Rondo remake the best game on there, you also get the best version of SotN as an unlockable as well as Rondo.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    If you have a PSP buy Dracula X Chronicles. Not only is the Rondo remake the best game on there, you also get the best version of SotN as an unlockable as well as Rondo.
    I have Dracula X for the Psp but no Psp to play it on. And the Japanese import Playstation version is the best version of SotN.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.