Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The New Official Castlevania Thread!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

I have not played Castlevania games much as I only own the first one. Anyone else here share my frustration with those damned blue medusa head things? They are very irritating - especially when your trying to jump over a hole in the ground and they come flying in and knock you back into the hole.
    DERP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Hybreed
    PSN
    Casualfever

Ah, the medusa heads. The flying flock of turds that seem to get me every time.
    Dracula: The constant villain of the series. His usual tactics include breaking a number of wine glasses and transforming into his true form.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    I'm about to play thru the Saturn version of Symphony of the Night. It was either that or buy the 360 version. But I want to play thru this version first since I've had it for about two years and have never given it a try. I'm also finally going to play thru the first three Castlevania's on my Nes. So all four of them should be conquered sometime this month(well, once June starts tomorrow).
    Good luck. I've beat 1,2,3,4,X, Blood Lines, and the 3 Original GB games and all the DS and GBA ones. But the Hardest one has to be the first one. Me and a friend beat it. We took turns as to not get frusterated. All it is is pattern memerization. He beat Death. Who I think is the hardest. Use Holy Water. I beat Dracula. So we always joke that I beat it. But it's kinda cool we conqured it together. Ahhh.... 2's great even though everone disses it. 3's awesome. 4 ditto. I like X even though everyone compares it to the others. It is what it is. Blood Lines....eeh. GB...ehhh. GBA,DS awsome.

I had the 64 ones but they where to painful, got rid of them. And yes shamefull as it may be I have never ever player SotN! I need to I'm just gonna wait till I find it in the wild. I'm not payin that price for that common of a game.

Then alot of the newer ones ie. 3d oens on ps2 and wii. I'm just not to interested in.Imo.

Have fun!
    In yo face!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RASK1904 View Post
    Good luck. I've beat 1,2,3,4,X, Blood Lines, and the 3 Original GB games and all the DS and GBA ones.
    I've beatan SotN, Castlevania Chronicles(a PS remixed version of Castlevania 1) and Super Castlevania 4(which I hate). I never finished Bloodlines but I'll get back to that when I hooked up my X-Eye system again. I have two of the GBA games and two of the DS games but they are all still factory sealed. Same goes for the Xbox and PS2 versions, I haven't played those yet either.

Quote Originally Posted by RASK1904
    And yes shamefull as it may be I have never ever player SotN! I need to I'm just gonna wait till I find it in the wild. I'm not payin that price for that common of a game.
    For shame is right, lol. It is the best Castlevania game I've ever played. The price has definitely come down some so you should be able to pick it up on the cheap eventually. I've played thru the US version several times(as both Alucard and Richter) and the Japanese version as well(I have 4 copies: black label, GH green label, Japanese version and the Psp version).
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HYB View Post
    Ah, the medusa heads. The flying flock of turds that seem to get me every time.
    Agreed, they're worse in the vertical levels.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    I have Dracula X for the Psp but no Psp to play it on. And the Japanese import Playstation version is the best version of SotN.
    DXC is a port of the Japanese version with a few extra items and Maria mode. Not the crappy Maria mode on the Saturn version, but a new Maria mode in which Maria actually plays like herself. All the previous familiars that were removed in the US version of SotN are back and everything is in its proper place.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Hybreed
    PSN
    Casualfever

Any CV that is IGA made is far too easy for my taste. I've breezed through any metroidvania, and SotN was by far the most easy, especially when you level up the fairy. You'll be invincible since she keeps healing you, which makes the game a breeze (I noticed it by chance, even without the fairy the game is far too easy).

Only one IGAvania I haven't played through, and that's OoE. I don't like it.

Still, I can't play through the old ones, except for SC4. Damn. Gotta practice.
    Last edited by HYB; 06-04-2009 at 09:58 AM.
    Dracula: The constant villain of the series. His usual tactics include breaking a number of wine glasses and transforming into his true form.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm currently playing thru the Saturn version of SotN, although I had to start over because my Saturn memory save dissappeared. The newest Castlevania is going to be directed by none other than Mr Metal Gear Solid himself, Hideo Kojima. Thats fine and all but if he puts 20 minute long non-skippable cut scenes in the next Castlevania than I'm going to drop kick his ass.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A castlevania thread! fuckin sick!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

BTW anyone know a good castlevania fan site or something? crono trigger's got a really nice one, im sure castlevania must as well. only one i've seen is castlevania dungeon, but that hasnt been updated since like last year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    loonieman

Quote Originally Posted by Chemdawg View Post
    BTW anyone know a good castlevania fan site or something? crono trigger's got a really nice one, im sure castlevania must as well. only one i've seen is castlevania dungeon, but that hasnt been updated since like last year
    The Castlevania Dungeon is the best fan site out there. It may not have been updated in a while, but there is a wealth of information, and the fan community over there is great. Give them a chance, it's your best bet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I forgot my username there..great site

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMan View Post
    The Castlevania Dungeon is the best fan site out there. It may not have been updated in a while, but there is a wealth of information, and the fan community over there is great. Give them a chance, it's your best bet.
    cool thx, yea ill for sure check out the forums there then

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate medusa heads. I'm playing thru the first Nes Castlevania and those damn heads, no matter where they hit me, always seem to send me flying off of every platform I'm on. Thats cheap game designing at it's worse. As soon as I get a new battery for my Saturn I will resume playing the Saturn version of SotN.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Hybreed
    PSN
    Casualfever

The old CV games are designed great. Hard, but not impossible, and once you figure it out pretty easy.

It's those goddamn petrifying heads I hate in the newer games. I hate everything that flies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I already beat the Castlevania 1 remake(Chronicles on the PS1) and didn't have nearly as much trouble with the Medusa heads. I'm going to give it another go thru tomorrow because I promised myself I would beat Castlevania 1-3 before the end of this month.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Strawberry (Level 2) Arcade_Ness's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been playing CV Harmony of Dissonace lately. It's wierd how you can rush forward and backward with the left and right buttons. This option is actually useful in avoiding attacks, and chasing after retreating enemies. I like how there's a return of the free motion whip abilty, it's just so damn cool. The only gripe I have with the game is with the soundtrack being of a low quality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HYB View Post
    Any CV that is IGA made is far too easy for my taste. I've breezed through any metroidvania, and SotN was by far the most easy, especially when you level up the fairy. You'll be invincible since she keeps healing you, which makes the game a breeze (I noticed it by chance, even without the fairy the game is far too easy).

Only one IGAvania I haven't played through, and that's OoE. I don't like it.

Still, I can't play through the old ones, except for SC4. Damn. Gotta practice.
    Some of the games have a Hard mode option, which is, unfortunately, only available after you beat the game once. So, by that point, you know the map fairly well.

I've done all the GBAs, the DSs, SotN, 1, 3, 4, x etc..but I do have to say I like the PS2 ones. Really, the second one is better (curse of darkness), if you like filling out bestiaries and finding new items etc...

...and the hard mode for that one is outrageous. Just...insane.
    NES, SFC, SNES, NDS, PS2, GCN, PC, PS2
    and hopefully more acronyms to come

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well of course I'm excited for lords of shadow, but im really hoping for another 2d style game on the DS or even the PSP. dunno if they'll make another one thou, they did only make 3 games for GBA. but i've really loved the DS games A LOT. my vote on another DS game would be another Sorrow game, or another ecclesia game where the main char is albus(lol even thou he's dead i know, but hell crazier stuff has happened in video games before). I LOVEEEEEEE albus mode on game, i've played thourgh as albus so many times and am finally almost done with him on hard mode lvl 1. anyway, who else is hopin for some more DS games or even a PSP game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm still wailing away on the import version of Castlevania: SoTN for Saturn. The trailer for Lords of Shadows didn't seem very special to me, more like another GOW clone. I really wish they would make a current gen 2D Castlevania title. Better yet, why not make the official sequel to Smthony of The Night?
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P