Thread: Sellers can no longer leave negative or neutral feedback for buyers??

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Default Sellers can no longer leave negative or neutral feedback for buyers??

I was leaving feedback on a recent Ebay purchase and got a pop up windor from Ebay telling me that sellers can no longer leave negative or neutral feedback for buyers and that I should not be afraid to leave negative feedback anymore.

Is this new? I don't use Ebay much anymore, shady sellers being one of many reasons...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G-Boobie View Post
    I was leaving feedback on a recent Ebay purchase and got a pop up windor from Ebay telling me that sellers can no longer leave negative or neutral feedback for buyers and that I should not be afraid to leave negative feedback anymore.

Is this new? I don't use Ebay much anymore, shady sellers being one of many reasons...
    This was new in mid-May I believe and it was announced back in January. I'm pretty sure there's many threads here where sellers complain about the new rule changes and people who only buy love them.

In the month and a half that these rules have been in effect, I've received about 4-5 unwarranted negs from stupid buyers and 200% more unpaid item disputes. Now, as a buyer, you can do whatever you feel like and ebay will do nothing.

Someone scammed $60 from me two weeks ago so I left them a positive saying "NEGATIVE FEEDBACK" etc and ebay REMOVED it because sellers aren't allowed to do that. The scammer then negged me and ebay wouldn't remove it, even though he had the item AND my money.

Thanks ebay, for taking an already broken system and FUBARing it up even more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Something else that I noticed is that very few buyers are actually leaving positive feedbacks now. Probally becasue they could care less anymore.

I emailed ebay about the new feedback rules and they said it's becasue the number of retalitory feedbacks have skyrocked over the last few years. In all my years of using ebay I've only had 2 problems from sellers. I have had quite a few from buyers though. The sellers are ebay's customers. Shouldn't they be trying to make us happy and give us better ways to deal with our customers???

I also asked them why neutrals count as negatives now and they said they don't...even though it's pretty clear that they do by the little formula they give.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, that is correct (and fairly recent).

As an occasional seller I don't care for it, but as a buyer it is nice to be able to leave a negative for the Power Seller with 45 negatives in the past month ... who had very few negatives prior to that because he retaliated each time.
    DP Buy/Sell feedback is here: GM80's Feedback Thread

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just seems like ebay should of done something regarding retalitory feedback instead of dropping negs all together. Only neg I ever got was a retalitory which you could tell, because I did a paypal dispute against the guy.

They are doing some regarding positive negative feedback so why couldn't they just use that energy towards retalitory feedback instead.