Thread: Need some advice please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Need some advice please

Okay, here's the deal. I bought a copy of Kid Klown in Night Mayor World for NES on eBay. The listing stated that the item was cleaned and tested and showed a picture of the cart. It looked real nice and it was relatively cheap. The guy also had super low shipping. So I went ahead and bought it. I had bought a few other games from this guy before and hadn't had a problem with them.

Today, the game came and there is a large crack in the back of the cart. Not only is it cracked, but dented in. Very uncool of the seller to not mention this. He obviously took a picture of the front of the cart only and avoided mentioning the crack to try and get a better price for the game.

I tested the game and it plays just fine, but I still feel like I've been somewhat duped here. I'm considering leaving a neutral feedback, but the seller hasn't left me a feedback yet and I'm afraid he will retaliate with a negative.

What should I do, here? Am I blowing this out of proportion? Should I just be happy that it works and has a nice label and leave the guy a positive, even though I feel like the item was slightly misrepresented?

Oh, here's the link to the listing so you can see the pic and his description.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=350074234059
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Could it have happened in shipping? I'd email him first before leaving feedback. If he doesn't respond or doesn't care, a neutral is fair.

Also, sellers can't leave negs anymore, so no worries about that.

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why not just replace the back with a Duck Hunt Cart back that is in godd condition?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    Could it have happened in shipping? I'd email him first before leaving feedback. If he doesn't respond or doesn't care, a neutral is fair.

Also, sellers can't leave negs anymore, so no worries about that.
    Oh, I forgot sellers can't leave negs now. Good to know. The game came in a standard bubble mailer with the words "do not crush" written on it in a couple places. I've gotten many games in this manner in the past and have never seen anything like this. But I suppose it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by jonjandran View Post
    Why not just replace the back with a Duck Hunt Cart back that is in godd condition?
    I could do that, I suppose. But it's really the principal of the matter. This game had a major flaw in it that the seller neglected to mention.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Link View Post
    The game came in a standard bubble mailer with the words "do not crush" written on it in a couple places.
    This doesn't matter. The only actual person who will be reading that is the actual mailman. Everything else is automated for the most part. Unless something is large and bulky, packages get tossed around, stacked very high with a ton of weight on them and generally abused. A good packaging job will usually protect it, but you can never be certain.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Message the guy first and see what he says. If you don't like what he says Neg him and put a spare duck hunt back on it IMHO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Contact the seller to see what happened. Don't try to insinuate a refund, else he might take it as extortion. Just ask why he did not mention this in the auction.

Depending on his answer, you should go foward with either no feedback or a neutral. You could leave it as is and not give feedback, but do contact the seller letting him know what happened. Because later on, other buyers will not be so tolerant and will rank on the seller.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I messaged him. He replied claiming that the crack was not there when he shipped it out. After thinking about it most of today, I'm inclined to believe him. This is the fourth game I've ordered from this guy, and all the others were in great shape, all rare-ish titles, too. So I'm guessing he probably collects, or at least used to. Therefore, I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt, blame it on the postal service, and leave him a positive.

I might eventually replace the back on that Kid Klown though. Just need to get me a security bit.