Thread: Lost save file Yoshi's Island on FC Twin

Cherry (Level 1) williewonka2k1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Lost save file Yoshi's Island on FC Twin

In order to save space, I've been using my FC twin to satisfy my NES/SNES urges. Just recently bought Yoshi's Island at a pawn shop for 7 bucks (score!). Ever since I've played it, I've lost a file at 4-7 and another file at 5-8 due to the game FREEZING at levels. I'd also like to note that the game appeared to be beaten if my memory serves me correct from the previous save/owner.

Has anyone else had similar difficulties with their FC Twin and Yoshi's Island?

Having to go through the game just to get past 4-7 and then have it freeze AGAIN and lose my file made me put in Actraiser which isn't a bad compromise.

EDIT: Sorry if this post appears silly. I'm extremely faded.
    -"Are you talking out of turn?"
    "No, I believe we are all talking together."
    -"I normally don't do interviews with women unless i fornicate with them................(long pause)......................so you shouldn't talk anymore..........unless you wanna....you know..."
    -Mike Tyson

"I may like fornicating more than other people, it's just who I am. I sacrifice most of my life, can I at least get laid? You know what I mean? I been robbed most of my money, can I atleast get a blow job?"
    -Mike Tyson

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WolfpacLeader
    PSN
    wolfpacleader86

You might have a defective one. FC Twins are great, but a lot of them are defective. I had to return my unit three times in order to get a working unit. Mine would load up F-Zero and then go to a black screen. Then, it would NOT LOAD Donkey Kong Country 2.

I noticed that a lot of the times, the unit cannot play(or have difficulty playing) either rendered games(Killer Instinct, Donkey Kong Country series) or Super FX games(Yoshi's Island, Starfox, etc)

That's the first sign of a defective unit. Luckily for me, I don't have that problem. But, like I said, it took THREE exchanges to get a fully working one. Surprisingly though, all four units(including the one I now own) seemed to have absolutely no problem with NES carts......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It sounds like the black screen deal is what it is. Simply going to a black screen without warning. Funny thing is, I can usually play the game for a couple of hours before this happens ie: level 5-8. That's a damn shame though. Maybe I'll just get a retro duo.
    -"I normally don't do interviews with women unless i fornicate with them................(long pause)......................so you shouldn't talk anymore..........unless you wanna....you know..."
    -Mike Tyson

"I may like fornicating more than other people, it's just who I am. I sacrifice most of my life, can I at least get laid? You know what I mean? I been robbed most of my money, can I atleast get a blow job?"
    -Mike Tyson

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sabz5150

IMHO, I would find an actual NES console. Nothing beats the real thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry if I didn't make it clear, but I do have one but it's at my parents house in order to give me some space in my townhouse.
    -Mike Tyson

-Mike Tyson

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sabz5150

Quote Originally Posted by williewonka2k1 View Post
    Sorry if I didn't make it clear, but I do have one but it's at my parents house in order to give me some space in my townhouse.
    Gotcha Either way, I don't fully trust the "retro" or "twin" consoles. It's still emulation and not 100% perfect.