Thread: Metal Arms: Glitch in the System is kicking my ass

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Metal Arms: Glitch in the System is kicking my ass

Anyone play this game? It's available on PS2, Xbox1, and GC. Awesome shooter that got totally overlooked and is now cheap as dirt.

I have made it to the part where your big robotic friend is about to get torn apart and you have to throw grenades into the bosses mouth and avoid those damn mutants that are so hard to kill. I was chugging along at this game pretty well and then this boss just stopped me cold.

Any thoughts or tactics?
    Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's a game that owns me as well ! I'm not sure if I remember that part, however. I'm caught in this section where these big guys patrolling the ground and towers around with guys in them. It's just after you seperate from the big guy voiced by Patrick Warburton. I'd love some tactics as well. For whatever reason I just can't "get" this game, I've struggled through the whole damn thing, even though I love it to death.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The one thing that made that part especially hard was the near total lack of feedback that you were doing damage to the guy The game had some balance problems, but it's one of those titles that's criminally overlooked. Xbox version is totally the best, with the GC and PS2 ports being the exact same.

I really need to fire that sucker up again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My mate had this on Xbox and I'm sure he had problems with this boss too.

I'd like to get the GC version to play on the Wii. But what are the differences between the Xbox and PS2/GC versions? Is it just graphical differences or anything else?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicMonkey View Post
    I'd like to get the GC version to play on the Wii. But what are the differences between the Xbox and PS2/GC versions? Is it just graphical differences or anything else?
    Mainly a graphical difference; the Xbox version looks a bit better and runs smoother (always helpful with a third person action game). The GC version at least supports progressive scan, which is nice.

I didn't realize it until I just checked, but the PS2 version doesn't support it, so I recant my previous claim that they're the exact same... I blame my inability to bring myself to pay through the nose for GC component cables and my own laziness to check the back of the case instead of just playing it.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I have started and restarted this game countless times, first on the Xbox, then on the PS2 and then on the Cube. It is a real great game where you die a lot in single player mode and don't know how the hell it happened, but I assume it would be fun in multiplayer.

Too bad Swingin' Ape got swallowed up by Blizzard. That game should have gotten a sequel.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.