Thread: Tao Feng rocks!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Tao Feng rocks!

Anybody else played this game for Xbox? I don't like the fact that you can't customize the controls, and the computer dishes out some extremely cheap attacks, but I've been playing it for 3 hours straight now.

I know one of the co-creators of Mortal Kombat came up with this baby, so there's plenty of blood flying after every punch. Plus you can use the environments to fight. It lets you knock people into the walls or floors. You can even rebound off the walls to do flying kicks. I haven't been able to use the pillars to do spin kicks yet.

This one more than makes up for Kakuto Chojin...
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't take this as an attack, but I think Tao Feng is easily one of the worst fighting games in recent memory.

I just... shit. It boggles my mind that anyone could think it's good. I don't mean that as a slam; I'm just honestly confused as to how that might be possible, having played it enough to review it. It's bad in almost every way, from character design to gameplay mechanics. While the graphics are decent (when the characters aren't animating, that is!), it actually manages to have noticeable moments of framerate droppage. Sheesh.

It's just... man. Yuck. It's the antithesis of a good game. :)

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

Ditto. The game is so unbelievably stiff, it's ridiculous. It's reminiscent of Tekken, but without any of the accurate controls. The graphics are decent and the brusing feature is cool (even if they are pre-determined textures), but my god does the gameplay suck....

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Whew. When I was looking for a good beat'em up game a few weeks ago I was torn between this and Def Jam Vendetta. I went with Def Jam based on this forum's "vibe" and it seems like a good move - I LOVE IT (though I'm stuck on the 3-on-1 battle in story mode).

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Personally, I'm not a fan of Tekken or Virtua Fighter even though I have Tag and 4 in my collection. I like stuff like Bloody Roar and Dead or Alive, and like those, Tao Feng isn't a hard-core style game. I'll just chalk this up to one of those I love that nobody else does. Also, I wouldn't suggest anybody spend $50 on it, either. I got mine for free...

@digitalpress - I'm stuck on the same part on Vendetta. A friend of mine told me that you have to beat only one of the guys on that 3-on-1 stage. D-Mob's stage appears after that one. Who are you using? I'm using Spider, so every time he uses a submission, they beat the crap out of him. However, that stage reminds me too much of grammar school, so I can only get my @$$ kicked so many times before I turn it off.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by josekortez
    Personally, I'm not a fan of Tekken or Virtua Fighter even though I have Tag and 4 in my collection. I like stuff like Bloody Roar and Dead or Alive, and like those, Tao Feng isn't a hard-core style game. I'll just chalk this up to one of those I love that nobody else does. Also, I wouldn't suggest anybody spend $50 on it, either. I got mine for free...
    Welcome to the party, pal. I'm in the minority of gamers that thought 3DO Way of the Warrior was a really good idea and a really fun fighting game. Guess Tau Feng is the 21st century version of this.

@digitalpress - I'm stuck on the same part on Vendetta. A friend of mine told me that you have to beat only one of the guys on that 3-on-1 stage. D-Mob's stage appears after that one. Who are you using? I'm using Spider, so every time he uses a submission, they beat the crap out of him. However, that stage reminds me too much of grammar school, so I can only get my @$$ kicked so many times before I turn it off.
    Only need to beat one, eh? I forget the name of the guy I'm using, he's the one that starts off the most balanced, the blonde white guy. I know what you mean, though. I got pretty frustrated after 5 or 6 attempts, maybe concentrating on one will work better for me.