Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which portable game do you wish would be made for consoles?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Which portable game do you wish would be made for consoles?

What portable games (if any) would you want to see remade into a console game? Why?

My pick would Super Street Fighter II Turbo Revival. This game was originally made for the GBA and is an upgrade to Super Street Fighter II Turbo. The backgrounds and character portraits have been remade. The moves are great, and there are two Akumas! It really is fun and I think it's my favorite variant of Street Fighter II.

Too bad its criminally under-appreciated. It definitely needs to be included in some type of collection for consoles.

Here is a youtube video showing the gameplay, I think the speed must be set to normal, but it goes up to Turbo 3 (I usually play it on Turbo 2):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II-gW...eature=related

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

My all-time favorite handheld game is Blue Lightning for the Lynx. What an incredible game - and though they tried porting this to the Jaguar CD, that wasn't quite the quality game I played on the handheld. In fact with its crappy, loose and swerving-all-over-the-place controls, this slideshow of a game turned out to be nothing like the handheld.

Of course, we'll probably never see a port happen, but I guess that's kinda what you expect from everyone who posts here anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sabz5150

Super Robot Taisen OG I and II. They are INCREDIBLE tactics games. I really wish that more would be brought to the States, but ho-lee hell the licensing issues with that!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Shouldn't every GB, GBC, and GBA game be disqualified? Theoretically they can all be played on consoles with console controllers.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Giganticus breathalizer Mr Mort's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A few come to mind:

Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max for the PSP: A proper console version/port of this with a Saturn pad or arcade stick would be most excellent.

Space Invaders Extreme: I've said it before, but the online features of the DS version would fit perfectly with Xbox Live and PSN.

Metal Slug 7: On a big screen. 'Nuff said.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress View Post
    My all-time favorite handheld game is Blue Lightning for the Lynx. What an incredible game - and though they tried porting this to the Jaguar CD, that wasn't quite the quality game I played on the handheld. In fact with its crappy, loose and swerving-all-over-the-place controls, this slideshow of a game turned out to be nothing like the handheld.

Of course, we'll probably never see a port happen, but I guess that's kinda what you expect from everyone who posts here anyway.
    Not only do I agree with your LYNX library choice, I'll go you one further and cast my vote for Electro Cop, a woefully under-appreciated handheld game that was much like Blue Lightning doing things with MODE-7 3D scrolling on a handheld system YEARS before we'd see anything similar on other handheld devices.

Would've made a fine console game.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pathway to Glory & PtG: Ikusa Islands for N-Gage. Fantastic turn based strategy games along the lines of of the X-Com games. Awesome titles that took advantage of the system's capabilities (online play, voice comm, pick up and play gaming) but, despite getting glowing reviews and even limited tv commercials, never received the audience that they deserved. Remakes for XBLA or PSN would be absolutely wonderful.

Red Lynx at least was able to put out Warhammer 40k Squad Command on the PSP and DS, but the lukewarm reception of them didn't help win them any new fans for their titles. Damn shame.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I want a fully-realized, 3D Pokemon game. None of that Stadium/Colosseum shit. It doesn't necessarily have to be an MMO or anything, though that'd be nice as well. I'm just sick of the main titles in the series being confined to handhelds when Nintendo could easily make a console version and sell millions in addition to the handheld games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would say Defenders of Oasis for the Gamegear. It's my favorite headheld RPG.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Definitely Contra 4. I really want to enjoy the game, but the DS limits it so much.
    Rarest games in collection: (R8) Chavez II for SNES / (R7) Star Gunner (Telesys) for Atari 2600
    Game Collection -- Game Commercials -- Favorite Game: Secret of Mana
    Wii code: 2572 7867 9177 9866 Smash: 0259-0110-4026

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shantae Advance. That way it might actually get released.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShawn
    Please highlight what a douche I am.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roushimsx View Post
    Pathway to Glory & PtG: Ikusa Islands for N-Gage. Fantastic turn based strategy games along the lines of of the X-Com games. Awesome titles that took advantage of the system's capabilities (online play, voice comm, pick up and play gaming) but, despite getting glowing reviews and even limited tv commercials, never received the audience that they deserved. Remakes for XBLA or PSN would be absolutely wonderful.

Red Lynx at least was able to put out Warhammer 40k Squad Command on the PSP and DS, but the lukewarm reception of them didn't help win them any new fans for their titles. Damn shame.
    agreed with Pathway to Glory both games that appeared on the N-Gage. Also I enjoyed Glimmerati for the N-Gage although i'm not sure i need a console version of it maybe it was best suited for handheld. It really is a shame that Pathway to Glory has only appeared on the N-Gage since it really is a great game and High Sieze for its Pirate counterpart.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great Greed for the black and white Game Boy, or Yggdra Union and Ninja Five-O on the GBA.

Also, does Mother 3 count?
    Feedback thread here

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by sirhansirhan View Post
    Great Greed for the black and white Game Boy, or Yggdra Union and Ninja Five-O on the GBA.

Also, does Mother 3 count?
    Ninja Five-O would be excellent. I love that game.

I wouldn't mind a home version of MGS Portable Ops, either. Then I could play the game on a system with a good analog stick and I might actually finish it..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Clownzilla

1.Motocross Maniacs for GB = IMHO it's the greatest motocross game for any system besides Motocross Madness.

2. Super Mario Bros. DX for GB. Why Nintendo didn't release a SMB like this for the Virtual Console is beyond me. Add many more challenges, ghost races, and unlockables for a console version and Nintendo could have a top VC seller. If they put in a level editor and online (and offline) competition modes, then Nintendo would have made the best selling game on the Wii.
    Wherever politics tries to be redemptive, it is promising too much. Where it wishes to do the work of God, it becomes not divine, but demonic.

Pope Benedict XVI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gals Fighters for the Neo Pocket. Although my dream home/arcade version would expand on the vs. series licence with Capcom and we'd have either SNK vs Capcom 2: Gals Fighters or Capcom vs SNK 3: Gals Fighters.

Imagine all the Capcom and SNK girlies with freshly drawn hi-res sprites and backgrounds running 60fps at 720p/1080p on a Taitio Type X2. With the inevitable PS3/360 port with online play. Oh well, I can dream...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sabz5150

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicMonkey View Post
    Gals Fighters for the Neo Pocket. Although my dream home/arcade version would expand on the vs. series licence with Capcom and we'd have either SNK vs Capcom 2: Gals Fighters or Capcom vs SNK 3: Gals Fighters.

Imagine all the Capcom and SNK girlies with freshly drawn hi-res sprites and backgrounds running 60fps at 720p/1080p on a Taitio Type X2. With the inevitable PS3/360 port with online play. Oh well, I can dream...
    I don't think even the PS3 has the power needed to render the breast bounce for a game like that

But I am sure that slowdown during those times is actually desired, so it evens out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thinking about it more, I'd also like to see the Gameboy Zelda games in full 3D using either the Wind Waker or Twilight Princess engines, or something new and unique.

I know some people aren't the biggest fans of 3D remakes but I'd love to see Link's Awakening and Minish Cap in three dimensions. Actually while we're at it, A Link to the Past remade using the TP engine could possibly be the greatest thing ever. Maybe.
    Last edited by CosmicMonkey; 07-22-2008 at 05:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All the 2D CastleVania games.
    May 19, 1998
    "Fever gone but itchy. Hungry and eat doggy food. Itchy. Itchy. Scott came. Ugly face so killed him. Tasty."
    ~ Keeper's Diary

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

every pinball game ever made for the GBA... and Strike Force Hydra... I know it's available on the PS as an import, but I wish there was a US release of it

I've been thinking about buying a Game Cube and a GBA adapter for it, just so I can fulfill my dream of playing all my GBA games on a nice big screen TV
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!