Thread: MSRP of Dragon Warrior 4

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default MSRP of Dragon Warrior 4

I'm going to be writing a review of the DS remake, and I want to put a little blurb about this. I believe it was $99.99, but can anyone give a concrete confirmation or denial of this?

Also, I'm pretty sure Phantasy Star 4 was the same price, but what about Ogre Battle for SNES? I remember that from old Funcoland ads with insane prices, but was it that expensive new, or just rare?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I remember seeing Dragon Warrior 4 for about $60 at Toys R Us, I think.

Phantasy Star 4 had a MSRP of $99.99. Some stores priced it higher. Babbages marked it as $130.

SNES Ogre Battle was $64.95. This was it's price at Best Buy back then. I remember it vividly because I didn't buy it at the time. When I came back, they were sold out. It would be a few years until the PS1 version came out and I was able to finally buy the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Phantasy Star 4 had a MSRP of $99.99. Some stores priced it higher. Babbages marked it as $130.
    I'm still kicking myself for not scooping up copies of it when I saw piles of copies in a bin for $20/new back in '96, but in my defense, I wound up picking up Dynamite Headdy and the Rapid Fire Pack (Crusader: No Remorse / Abuse / Fade to Black) for $20/new each at the same place. I mean, Phantasy Star IV was the bee's knees, but with the exception of Fade to Black (which I've never really been able to make myself care for, thanks to the crummy controls and high level of difficulty), I came out with a pretty good set of games.

Honestly, I didn't even know what I was missing until last month when I finally plopped down to play Phantasy Star IV and realized that I missed my chance to pick up what's now one of my favorite console RPGs. Probably should have picked it up instead of Dynamite Headdy, but I was such a Treasure fanboy back then. I mean, I really liked Light Crusader, even. Tried to go back and play that one again recently and just could not get into it in the slightest