Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

after you beat the boss at ordeals the curse augment appears, that should give you enough augments to get the bonus you seek , but yeah no way to get back to kaipo at this point. i didn't give any augments to any of the charecters that leave your party (figured it was pointless till I read a faq after beating the game) but remeber you can always do all that stuff on your second play through (yay for new game+) thats what I plan to do at least.

Strawberry (Level 2) DragonMaster Sam's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've had this game for two weeks, and I've had my share of defeats. During a regular battle, Rydia was bumped off by Goblins a couple times, and have lost to Scarmiglion's final form, Cagnazzo, Dark Dragon, Golbez, and Dr. Lugae's final form.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh God I'm lame.

I got item lore, I used my action replay to do it.

I don't feel bad about it, I've purchased this game 4 times (SNES, PSX, GBA and DS) and beaten it so many times that I'm really not in the mood to restart it just for this. I also didn't want to wait until the second playthrough - I'm impatient.

Uggh, I hate using AR though.

needs food badly. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Schlimtor
    PSN
    Schlimtor

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
    Oh God I'm lame.

I got item lore, I used my action replay to do it.

I don't feel bad about it, I've purchased this game 4 times (SNES, PSX, GBA and DS) and beaten it so many times that I'm really not in the mood to restart it just for this. I also didn't want to wait until the second playthrough - I'm impatient.

Uggh, I hate using AR though.
    Don't feel bad. You just saved yourself 6 hours of needless repetition. I would've done the same thing. It's like when I recently purchased the FF1 remake on PSP. I felt no guilt whatsoever about utilizing the equipment glitch. I've played through the game SO many times on SO many different formats... not to mention purchasing all those different versions. I knew it was cheating, but for a veteran like me, it was a new way to play. So cheat and LIKE it! You've earned the right.
    "Red Warrior needs food badly."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Alright, I wonder how other people are doing on this game. I just got to the Tower of Babil in the underground, and I must say that the difficulty is downright brutal. The levels of my characters range between 30 and 37, and I keep getting killed by the group of FlameHounds (they have a tendancy to each cast Scorch, which kills your party even if you are at full HP!) I have played other versions of this game tons, and I feel it is not worth my time to grind, as there aren't that many changes aside from the voiceovers.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evan_G View Post
    Alright, I wonder how other people are doing on this game. ... I feel it is not worth my time to grind, as there aren't that many changes aside from the voiceovers.
    I haven't played it in awhile. If I decide to continue with it, I think I'm going to use the Action Replay again. Originally I just used it to get item lore, but I think that I'll use it to increase the experience modifier to x2 or x4. That way you don't have to grind nearly as much and hopefully it'll be a little more fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, this game is not fun?

I am currently playing through the GBA version (just got it a couple weeks ago) and it's great. I have zero desire for this DS remake, but it seems like it would be hard for it to be boring.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zing View Post
    Wow, this game is not fun?

I am currently playing through the GBA version (just got it a couple weeks ago) and it's great. I have zero desire for this DS remake, but it seems like it would be hard for it to be boring.
    They've upped the difficulty significantly and reduced the benefits of grinding (less items, money and EXP per battle). Technologically, it's a great version, it's just a little frustrating.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They've upped the difficulty significantly and reduced the benefits of grinding (less items, money and EXP per battle). Technologically, it's a great version, it's just a little frustrating.
    this kind of crap just annoys me, why UP the difficulty of a game, thus forcing you to grind more and then, as an extra kick in the nuts, take away what makes grinding tolerable (items, money, exp).

Now, I haven't played this remake yet, but basically I'm gathering that the game makes it so you need to level up more to beat the enemies and bosses, and then knocks down the benefits of grinding so you have to do it 2x, 3x as long? What was wrong with the gameplay balance before, why mess with it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's not that they give less experience per battle. It is just that enemies are so much harder, you have to be at a high level to survive. Try tackling the Tower of Babil in the underworld at levels under 35, you can easily get slaughtered by a group of Flame Hounds. It is hard to avoid dying because if all three Flame Hounds use the Scorch spell, none of your characters will survive. Two scorch spells will kill Rydia, Rosa and probably Kain and Yang if they don't have full HP. Usually they cast the spells before you can even cast a Cura spell by Cecil. Your ownly option is to run as soon as you see this fight. Even a Jump move by Kain with the Blizzard Spear cannot kill one by itself. Casting Shiva won't kill them either. Even with an Ice Claw, Yang doesn't do more than 1000 hits on them. I generally try to give it a shot at first and hope that Rosa doesn't die on the first hit and can cast Curaga or something. So yeah, it is very frustrating.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Hybreed
    PSN
    Casualfever

I'm having trouble with the FF3 remake since I hate grinding but I'm still going to get FF4 eventually, maybe in a few days since I've been eyeing it for a few weeks now. We got a game shop where le bf lives that gets the most anticipated releases as US versions so FF4 was available before the EU release. Only problem with that is that one black case is gonna stand out from the white ones.
    Dracula: The constant villain of the series. His usual tactics include breaking a number of wine glasses and transforming into his true form.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

well first off, although you can only get one item per battle now, the drop rate has been significantly INCREASED from the original version (rare items still have the same rariity but the common and uncommon items are MUCH easier to drop)

and yeah the game is harder, they made it more of a challenge and changed up what alot of the enemies do, the flamehounds were one hit kills with super weak fire spells in the original, the tower of babil was very easy originaly. i'm personally tired of them dumbing down games when they give them new face lifts (yeah ff1 ff2 and all the dw remakes i'm lookin at you bitches) For fans of the game they really gave us something to enjoy by changing stuff up and making it more of a challenge, espeically for all of us who "mastered" the original. The one gripe I did have ,the gold drop rate was stupidly low making it really dificult to buy anything during most of the game (even inn stays) a minor quip but worth mentioning.

and hey if its too hard for you, theres always the pussy snes us versionn ;-)
    just TRY to die in that one ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Hybreed
    PSN
    Casualfever

I got the game two days ago, so far so good. I really like it, and it doesn't seem too hard yet, except if I haven't done enough grinding. Cleared Tower of Zot yesterday, so far Barbariccia has been the only boss to kill me twice. I've gotten a few game overs but it hasn't been nearly as bad as when I started out in FF3. Luckily I never flee if a battle occurs, I'd have to do a lot of grinding otherwise.

Tower of Zot really pissed me off though. Lots of powerful enemies which you run into every two seconds and the save point is really far away. I used a LOT of phoenix downs. My party was around level 33-34 when I first tried Barbariccia, which seemed impossible, 2-3 levels later it was easier than a whole bunch of earlier bosses.
    Dracula: The constant villain of the series. His usual tactics include breaking a number of wine glasses and transforming into his true form.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i got stuck in the giant of babil. when you grind, fusoya's stats do not rise at all, and becomes easy fodder for enemies in that dungeon. if i can manage to get past this part, i can grind forever with the final lineup.