Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MLB Power Pros 2008...Should I Get It?

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It doesn't seem to have an option to play a complete season on the DS, unfortunately. You can play a single exhibition game (Match Play) or you can go through the playoffs. I like it, though hitting seems tough to me.

I've noticed a second mistake in the first MLB Power Pros (my copy is the PS2). The first mistake I found is that they put the wrong Molina on the Giants' roster. Lately, whenever Chipper Jones or Adam LaRoche comes to the plate, the announcer refers to whichever one it is as one of three 30-HR hitters on my team. The problem is I only have two. After those two, the most HR I have is by Brian Giles who currently has about 9. I can't complain about that too much...especially after all the other announcer errors (like where he first says a ball is stroked for a hit except that it's a fly ball that gets caught)...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

Just wanted to bump this up from the depths to say that after a 3-year hiatus, I picked this up again, and it seems a lot easier this time. I think what I did wrong last time was not do an automatic draft at the beginning and ended up with a lot of terrible players. I did the automatic draft this time and ended up with a team on par with any of the other clubs.

I wish they'd port this to XBLA--the Bobblehead Heroes game runs on the same engine, but it's garbage by comparison, not to mention they charge you extra for each mode you unlock.