Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

Default Soul Calibur 4

Are you buying? I'm thinking I may just rent and save some money but then the online play makes me think I should buy...and that collectors edition with the cool box and book and shirt... I guess we'll just have to see when the day comes (if I've got the money on me its a last minute thing)

How about you guys? Seems its not very limited though a local store has six limited editions. I wish they'd actually make these more limited. Still its nice and I'm tempted

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nope, I've been spending way too much on games lately. My wife hasn't said anything yet but I think I should cool it down for awhile. Also, because I've been spending so much my "still have to add to my excel spreadsheet" pile is getting pretty big, let alone my "I want to actually play this... someday" pile.

What's in the limited edition? just a t-shirt and artbook? nahhh, I hate getting t-shirts as bonuses because I'll never wear them (because they're collectable) so they'll just sit in my drawer / game box forever.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I was debating getting Soul Calibur IV or Unreal Tournament III for my 360 last week, and then I bought Unreal instead when I found a mint pre-owned copy for around $35.

I probably won't give SC IV the time it deserves since I didn't really play much of the mission mode in III on the PS2 and I never play multiplayer against anyone, so I might wait a while for this one.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a few friends on my 360 list who purchased the game from a store in Bowling Green, Ohio, that broke the street date by at least a week. They have been putting quite a bit of time into it and really seem to enjoy it.

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

I'm a bonafide nerd for Soul Calibur. I can't wait for IV.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

oh cassandra-chaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnn.....
    Kidfenris.com: Never Updated.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll be renting it since I'm short on money at the moment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just thought, doesn't EB Games have a play free for a week offer?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    walrusmonger
    PSN
    walrusmonger

Very excited for SC4, will be buying the PS3 version (collectors if FYE gets any, since I have a $110 credit there)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Juganawt
    PSN
    Juganawt

Don't get your hopes up. I have the 360 version, and to say it's broken is a slight understatement.

The AI has huge holes in it's game, online is a laggy unplayable mess, and the characters are severely unbalanced (even without the upgrades you can buy).

The game looks lovely, but unfortunately that's as far as it goes. When you can win the entire game with any character by just pushing 5+Y, it's got issues and really needs a massive patch to fix it's problems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Up until last week I was convinced I was going to get the PS3 version for the first time in the history of 360/PS3 cross platform releases. After debating for weeks, I finally decided to get the 360 version.

Several people on my friends list either have it or are buying it this week...and there's always those damn achievements (the PS3 version won't be featuring trophies for whatever reason). The online lag will be a non issue since most of my friends live in the same city. Worldwide matches...that might get a bit frustrating. IMO XBL should just ban all the < 1.5 Mps Broadband idiots and be done with it.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i took advantage of the amazon debacle for 39.99 for the 360 CE last week, and should have it this week, I agree the lag, should be a null issue.
    To be this good takes AGES

To be this great takes SEGA!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is it true that each version will have the other Star Wars Character as DLC?

If so, if it's free, that's fine. I think it's dumb, but whatever - no harm no foul.
    If so and it's not free, then this is just another example of being nickled and dimed to death for no good reason.

I know SC2 had different bonus characters for each version, but at least those were unrelated to one another, so if you had one but not the others, who cares. If we have to pay to have a Yoda vs. Vader battle, then I will not be buying SC4.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sadly I have read, although not officially confirmed, both characters are in the game, via DLC, but I have heard rumors that it will cost to get em, hopefully Bandai/Namco doesn't f--- us here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

by the way anyone know where to get the Soul Calibur 4 faceplates via reservation, I see them floating around on ebay, but no one is mentioning where they reserved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BurgerTrench

Just got a copy and had a chance to play it for about 30 minutes. I'm too far removed with how to do the cool moves anymore but I can already tell that Yoda is indeed a cheap bitch.
    "Be proud of what we make you do." - Master Shake, SGC2C - Baffler Meal
    Blog time!
    On Facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
    Is it true that each version will have the other Star Wars Character as DLC?

If so, if it's free, that's fine. I think it's dumb, but whatever - no harm no foul.
    If so and it's not free, then this is just another example of being nickled and dimed to death for no good reason.

I know SC2 had different bonus characters for each version, but at least those were unrelated to one another, so if you had one but not the others, who cares. If we have to pay to have a Yoda vs. Vader battle, then I will not be buying SC4.

What's wrong with them charging for vader on 360 and yoda on PS3? they are exclusive on the respective systems, if you want the character than I don't see anything wrong with paying for him especially if it's like a 100 or 200 points.

I hope they come out for both systems.

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lothars View Post
    What's wrong with them charging for vader on 360 and yoda on PS3? they are exclusive on the respective systems, if you want the character than I don't see anything wrong with paying for him especially if it's like a 100 or 200 points.

I hope they come out for both systems.
    Because its marketing bullshit just to get us to spend an extra couple of bucks for an already expensive game. They're only exclusives because the marketing assholes decided that they would be exclusives. Just give us both.

Downloadable content should be used to breathe new life into a game that's been out for awhile, not to purposefully withhold content just to jack up the price.
    Last edited by c0ldb33r; 07-28-2008 at 07:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BurgerTrench

I spent a few hours online with it last night. Mostly, it's a cheese fest on there which means I score pretty well. I played 20 matches (17-3) and only fought two people that were legitmately good players, one of which I went 3-0 on (Miz vs Ivy), the other I went 1-1 with (Miz vs Miz).

There is a good deal of lag to deal with. This makes Impact Guards pretty hard to pull off; but since so many people just spam BBBB it really isn't that big a deal right now. I did, however, suffer a loss due to unbearable lag. I probably should have just dropped out, but I despise people who drop out of matches, so I didn't.

On quitters, it really isn't that big a deal. I only had two people give up on me. So it isn't nearly as bad as say the Rock Band or Madden online experience.

All in all, the online play isn't a revelation and it has some significant issues, but it is certainly welcome over no option at all.
    "Be proud of what we make you do." - Master Shake, SGC2C - Baffler Meal
    Blog time!
    On Facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

I played 8 matches last night and spectated on 3 or 4 more. There was absolutely zero lag. Granted, I have a decent internet connection (>6 Mbps), but I was still impressed.

Great game overall. I loved SC and SCII, didn't really like SCIII, and am pleased with what I've seen so far with SCIV. We should get a DP multiplayer crew together. Similar to the Dead or Alive 4 crowd we had back in the day.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)