Thread: How do I get Game Faq's PS1 Saves onto a memory card?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default How do I get Game Faq's PS1 Saves onto a memory card?

I seen a few end game saves I would really like to get so I don;thave to play the games through again. How Do I go about getting one of the saves from game faqs to my ps1 or 2 memory card? I have a ps2 with the network adaptor. I am guessing that is the first step.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

For PS1, I use the Dex Drive. I know they had one for the N64 as well. Not sure how you'd transfer PS2 stuff over the net between systems though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dex Drive, problem solved for PS1.

THere was a USB device for teh PS2 that was a Dexdrive like, so I go looking for that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

pinouts the same on both ps1 and ps2 memory cards think theres any chance you could use a ps2 memory card on a ps1 dexdrive?
    For lucky best wash, use Mr. Sparkle.

DP Feedback Thread
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...ight=mrsparkle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    phreak97

(this post may contain what some poeple may think of as piracy, but backing up an original is legal here and in the usa afaik, and it was a single use disc i created anyway. dont explode if this violates the site's policies)

theres no chance of putting a ps2 memory card in a ps1 dex drive. i promise:P

dex drive is the way to go for ps1 saves, no messing about. ps2 i have managed, but through bit of a hack. i have a modded ps2, and my action replay max (i think, it was ages ago) comes with saves on the disc that i can copy to my memory card, so i thought i'd dump the disc onto my pc, and then have a look. the disc had a folder with all the games in it, and all the saves were in the same format that comes off gamefaqs, so all i did was pick a save for a game i'd remember, then rename the save off gamefaqs to the name of the save on the disc, then overwrite the old save with the new one. i then burned the modified disc, and copied the game save to my ps2 memory card just as usual (in the action replay menu it still said i was copying the save for some trucking game or something, which is why you need to remember what youre overwriting, but it was a gta san andreas save that appeared on my memory card).
    then you can throw away the disc, cos it's the same as your original aside from that save. theres no reason why you couldnt do a whole bunch at once, and you can probably rename the saves somewhere, thinknig of it now i think theres a text file somewhere, i reckon my final version had san andreas properly inserted into the menu, but it was just done for hobby purposes, i dont think it's necesary.. and i still threw that one out anyway lol.

again, more apoligies if this goes against policy, you can delete the post if you like, but its a good solution to the problem, and it's not like the disc can be used without a dongle anyway i dont think.

otherwise there might be some datel product which lets you do what you want right from the start, but there wasnt at the time i did this. theres probably also homebrew tools too if you do have your console modded, but it's been a loooong time since i was interested in console software.. i'm pretty out of touch.
    Last edited by phreak97; 08-03-2008 at 11:05 AM.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Does PS2 version Action Replay Max work with PS1 memory cards?
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

For PS2 you use the X-Port disc. This thread is so old, so I didn't bother reading it again to see if this was mentoned. I picked one up a few months ago but have't used it.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

I don't think the Datel Xport for PS2 was sold in the US, and I'm not interested in hunting for it. I can get a Dex Drive for PS1 relatively inexpensively, but I'd rather just use one device, like the Action Replay, for both.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Insert Coin (Level 0) b1aCkDeA7h's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I used a DexDrive until I built a new PC that lacked a serial port.

Now, I use FreeMcBoot, coupled with uLaunchElf and some PC programs to copy raw PS2 and PSX saves back and forth between my PC and PS2.