Thread: Don't know what I have...any info?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    gamelord2000

Default Don't know what I have...any info?

I acquired some really weird stuff today. Was hoping I could get some help with what some of this stuff is and also the value of the stuff as well.

First I got a GameTaged Cartridge. I assume it is some sort of game converter for the SNES. It has 2 slots on the top and one on the bottom for the system. Regular and Import games seem to fit the bigger slot, but does anyone know what the smaller slot is for?

Next I have a Video Game Xploder Game Code Cartridge for the original playstation. Is this any different than a GameShark or worth anything more?

Finally I have a Z64 Unit. I really do not know what this is. I assume it is for the N64 and it has some sort of zip drive on the side of it (even looks like there is a disk already inside). It also has a digital screen.

Hope someone is willing to give me some insight.

Strawberry (Level 2) murdoc rose's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Mr. Backup Z64 is a Nintendo 64 game cartridge backup unit designed to store your game images on Zip Diskettes. Units such as this one are faced with legal issues, due to the fact that the general public can download these backup files from internet sites, and play them using an emulator such as Project64.
    This is what I found out as far as anything else no idea.

btw pics help alot, found a video online and it looks very cool what color is yours and do you want to get rid of it.
    Last edited by murdoc rose; 08-09-2008 at 07:16 PM. Reason: add ons

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    gamelord2000

Quote Originally Posted by murdoc rose View Post
    The Mr. Backup Z64 is a Nintendo 64 game cartridge backup unit designed to store your game images on Zip Diskettes. Units such as this one are faced with legal issues, due to the fact that the general public can download these backup files from internet sites, and play them using an emulator such as Project64.
    This is what I found out as far as anything else no idea.

btw pics help alot, found a video online and it looks very cool what color is yours and do you want to get rid of it.
    Thanks for the info. I won't have access to a cam until Monday. The unit is black and it is pretty much in mint condition. The whole unit including screen has no scratches and all the stickers (yellow warning on back, white serial number, and a white warranty one) all look new. Contacts look new as well. I guess the guy probably only used it once or a few times. I also found out that it is Ver. 3 since the serial number starts with a 3. I probably would be willing to part with it, but would like to know a little more about it's value.

Strawberry (Level 2) murdoc rose's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
    Thanks for the info. I won't have access to a cam until Monday. The unit is black and it is pretty much in mint condition. The whole unit including screen has no scratches and all the stickers (yellow warning on back, white serial number, and a white warranty one) all look new. Contacts look new as well. I guess the guy probably only used it once or a few times. I also found out that it is Ver. 3 since the serial number starts with a 3. I probably would be willing to part with it, but would like to know a little more about it's value.
    yea same here on the value but someone should get on and post some better info

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Send a PM to Flack. He's got to be the biggest expert on console copiers on this site. He even did a podcast about the subject!