Thread: What's the most games you've beaten in a day?

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default What's the most games you've beaten in a day?

From beginning to end....

Decided to clean my apartment today and finished earlier than expected. With the whole day to myself and felt the URGE to play.

Set up my Turbo Grafx and played Bloody Wolf. After experiencing a showing display of real, down-to-earth manliness, beat the game within a few hours. The urge wasn't quenched and binged with Cadash next. Conquered the game (bosses, grinding and all) at one hour before midnight. Then, it hit me, I can't recall a time when I beat two games (start to finish) in the same day.

Share your gaming marathon and experiences on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A fun contest we've run at my house in the past is to pick 5 SNES games and see who can beat them all one after another the fastest. (Helps to have two or three systems hooked up and running at the same time.) I've run through Contra III, TMNT IV, Street Fighter II, Super Mario World (Using Star World Warps) and HyperZone, all at default normal settings, one after another, in well under five hours. (Not impressive for speed runners, but hilarious when you have two or three people frantically scrambling through these games to get ahead of each other.)

Fun Times!
    Mekka-lekka hi, mekka-hinney-hoh

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hmm, well, as a kid, I got very good at most of my NES and Genesis games, so the number of games I had already beaten many times before in one day must easily be around 10-20, but I have no clue.

However, games that I had never beaten before whatsoever? I have beaten 5 games in one day twice in my life (excluding Jungletac-type games). I remember once when I was about 15 or so I beat 90 games in one summer. I'd just keep going down to the rental store, beating the games and renting new ones. I was sort of their resident tips guy and game reviewer (random people would call me for tips...not a bad deal fror free rentals). Anyway, I beat three games one day that I had rented, so I went back and rented two more and beat those. I felt like the man that day. The second time was more recent...I had downloaded a bunch of GBA games to my flash cart and went through Double Dragon Advance (first try...beat it on my last life!!), a Gradius game, I think, Super Dodge Ball Advance (first try also), and a couple others I can't think of.

However, if you put any games in front of me that I had already beaten before and asked me to see how many of them I could beat in one day, I could probably do 50-100 of them if I chose the easiest ones. It all depends how easy the games are. If you throw an RPG in there, it's going to take away from that quite a bit.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm guessing that I have beat, at most, 2 games in one day. Generally, if I beat a game that is a good indication for me it is time to take a break.

I figure if I beat a game and I still have a gaming urge later, I probably picked up a copy of Super Mario Bros. and beat that also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zeno2112

I'll say five. On the first day of my participating in Vectormans' Activision patch contest held at the beginning of the year I played through the ones I knew I'd have no difficulty with and posted five patch-worthy scores. Maybe this isn't the same thing as "beating" a game, but there was a clearly defined and long-established benchmark involved in each instance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sabz5150

Six. Megaman 1 - 6 back to back