Thread: Hori Wii Fighting Stick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hori Wii Fighting Stick

Hey, has anyone here purchased this yet. What are your thoughts on it? Is it a good quality product? I know must Hori products are good quality. Also, and this is my main question, where the hell did you buy it? I have searched every game store in my area and have come up empty, when I ask about it all I get is a confused look

I am from Canada and it may be possible that this is not available up here. But I am going to be visiting the US in a few weeks, so if anyone knows what stores carry it, it would be greatly appreciated if you could tell me. Thanks

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have one. I think it is just as good as the other Hori sticks for other consoles. Nice solid feel for me. I use mine for SF2 on the virtual console. I like the "clicky" joystick. You may or may not like this. I ordered mine through Amazon about 5 or 6 months ago and did not have a problem getting it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought both of the sticks my local GameStop received ... and those were the last ones I've seen in stores.

If you're a fan of clicky-sticks, it's a good one. Turbo switches for the buttons, nice Wii integration (Home button, official Nintendo-branded cord for connecting to the Wiimote).

I pull mine out when I have someone over to play Virtual Console titles or such. It's unfortunate that SSBB doesn't have a compatible control setup, though.
    DP Buy/Sell feedback is here: GM80's Feedback Thread

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's a good stick. My complaint is that there aren't enough titles that utilize it. The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core and Castle Shikigami III. I thought Monkey King and Heavenly Guardian would, but no such luck.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You'd be better off getting something like a SuperNes ASCII Fighting Stick and a Retroport SNES>Wii/GC adapter. Will work well for most VC stuff you'd want to play, as well as GameCube arcade collections and such (Besides the few that don't recoqnize controllers without a analog stick, even if the game supports digital control). And you'll get another (Or perhaps your first) arcade stick for the SuperNes, so it can work for three systems then.

Though you don't get a home button on the controller, but the Wiimote's home button will still work and you'd need the Wiimote out if you went with the Hori stick anyways since the classic controllers (Or in this case, the Hori arcade stick) have to plug into one anyways. So you don't really lose out not having a home button.

It's my understanding its not up to Hori's usual standard, and is cheap in comparison. I've been told it shares its internals with Hori's DOA and Virtua Fighter Xbox 360 arcade stick, which I've personally been pretty disappointed with (Which is why I passed this stick by and got a Retroport instead to use my SuperNes arcade controllers). The 360 version has a reputation for being a poor performing controller that is built cheaply, unlike nearly every other Hori arcade controller.

The Hori arcade stick should work with every Wii game that has classic controller support, as long as analog sticks aren't required. Not sure just how many Wii specific titles that is, but it includes the entire Virtual Console library besides the Nintendo 64 portion.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 08-11-2008 at 01:26 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

its got a 'clicky' joystick, which automatically makes me hate it. if you dont know what this is, or if itll bother you, i HIGHLY recommend trying before buying. it drives a lot of arcade buffs insane