Thread: Weekend finds

In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown... (Woodstock, IL)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Weekend finds

I know it's early, but I couldn't resist...

DC
    Slave Zero $7.99 - used complete

NES
    Spiritual Warfare $1.75 - loose

Sega Saturn
    System $29.99 - boxed and complete!!! w/ Virtua Fighter pack in.
    Controller $0.25! - loose
    RF Unit $4.99 - boxed and complete!!!
    Panzer Dragoon $2.99
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei $2.99
    Bug! - Free! (Scratched)
    Solar Eclipse - Free! (Scratched)

With this, I now have every Sega gaming platform!

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ye dirty, dirty, dirty....

You lucky bastard. I can't find saturn stuff ANYWHERE anymore. I'd kill for a Panzer Dragoon Zwei that cheap.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

My finds (10 hours gone, and this is all I got!!!)

As usual, and as I like 'em, all games are loose

Intellivision

Auto Racing - $3
    Boxing - $1
    Bowling - $1

Grand Prix - $2

Genesis

James "Buster" Douglas Boxing - $4
    Fantastic Dizzy - $5
    Funny World & Balloon Boy - $4
    James Pond II: Codename :Robocod - free

SNES

Disney's Aladdin - $2.50
    Jim Power: The Lost Dimension In 3D - $2.50

TG-16

Takin' It To The Hoop - $10 (yeah, I overpayed, but I never see these)

Dreamcast - NBA2K - $4

Not that great, I know, but it was a fun, and tiring day!!

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've picked up the following at different Gamestop's the past couple days:

Hunt for Red October-complete (NES) $1.50
    TMNT Tournament Fighters-complete (Genesis) $5
    Atomic Runner-loose (Genesis) $2
    Dynamite Duke-loose (Genesis) $3
    Time Trax-loose (SNES) $4
    Liberty or Death-loose (SNES) $8
    Fire n' Ice-loose (NES) $15

I was disappointed with Fire n' Ice, I remember people hyping that one up as being good. Oh well, I guess it makes decent trade bait. And also, it's official, all Koei games are too freakin complicated. I buy every one I see because of rarity or value, but I pretty much hate all the games.

-Hitman-

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i went to a ton of yard sales yesterday and today and found only 2 games. snes-jungle book for 2.00, and at a different yard sale-snes-batman forever for 1.00
    that's the only game stuff i saw. i usually don't go to as many yard sales as i did and i usually find more than that. oh well.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, im goin to funcoland and Gamestop tomorow at mall of america i have to go for back to school yech. Who knows what ill find.
    Somebody once told me to get a life.

I told them I sold it for money to buy video games.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Finds, sorta...

Woke up this morning and the 'rents were gone... they got back an hour later from tag saling and had picked up a Virtual Boy with two games (Golf and Tennis) for six bucks total. Never bad to have a spare! Er, a SECOND spare. Heheheh.

Then my friends and I did a quick spin around a few stores. Found about six Master System games in EB (!) - mostly common stuff like Rambo and Double Dragon, but there was a Montezuma's Revenge for eight bucks! I wasn't sure if it was uncommon, but I bought it on faith and found that I was right - it's a 6, and a + to boot.

And what else? Oh yeah, a complete Lunar Pool (NES) at Gamestop for $3. They had a few other mint/complete NES games, but they were either too expensive (Excitebike for $7.99) or crap (Platoon). Lunar Pool was just enough of a blend of interesting (check out that low-budget box art!) and cheap ($2.99). Hooray.

Actually, the real find of the day wasn't even a game: Gamestop is doing 30% off all their used DVDs, so I got Moulin Rouge for $10.50. My friend was pissed at me all day because I saw it first. :P
    Chris Kohler

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I scored what is probably my best deal so far this weekend. I got a cocktail version of Frogger for 20 bucks. The monitor needs a new condenser (whatever that means) but other than that it works fine. I'm considering gutting it and turning it into a mame machine.

I also finally met another collector in the Seattle area, which is always nice.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got Final Fight CD complete for $5.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, on the one hand, my Dad was in town for the weekend.
    He drives me absolutely up the wall, and I get so stressed around him I end up with a stomach ache, a headache, or both. So, my weekend was not only pretty dreary, but I couldn't go garage saling, as I had to entertain him for the weekend.

But, there's an upside to the story. On the other hand, this afternoon we swung by Office Max. This morning's paper advertised a CDRW for $10 after rebate. I was pretty sure they would be sold out by the time I got there, and I was right. However, on the way I saw an old white GMC Astro van with windows around the sides and back. Inside, I saw boxes piled up in the cargo area, just sort-of thrown in, piled high. Along the right, leaning against the side of the van, there were 4 Atari 5200 boxes.

I caught up to the van at a traffic light, and asked about the boxes. I ended up pulling over into a parking lot and dealing with the driver and his son. The driver was an elderly gentleman, and his son was probably in his 30's. Turns out, the older guy was the proprietor of an old 5 & dime store near me that went out of business 2 or 3 years ago. He still had a bunch of old stock that he's been trying to unload (he expects far too much for his old stock), and was trucking some stuff from the shop to a storage facility.

He said he had 4 complete 5200s, in the boxes. Well, they weren't complete - most of the packing materials were present in each, although it wasn't necessarily in the box correctly. All of the boxes had been opened, the systems had been removed at some point, etc... And the boxes were definitely showing their age; one actually had a water stain covering a very large portion of one corner.

Of the 4, three were 2-port models, and one was a 4-port. I never had a 4-port until recently, and always wanted one. (I got a 2-port when they were brand-new - still have it!) Last week I traded one of my 2-ports for a dead 4-port, 3 5200 RF boxes & some commons, and I have been trying to figure out how to fix it. (I've already got 2 power supplies.) Well, I offered the guy $20 for the 4-port. He said he'd been hoping to get more for the systems, maybe I would take all 4 for $150? I replied that my wife would kill me, and he said "We don't have to tell her." I probably spent more than I should have, but I offered him $30, and he said I could pick any one of them for the $30. I took the 4-port. It had 2 controllers still in the packing boxes the way it shipped. The game-switchbox is missing, as is the AC Adapter. An extra (3rd!) controller was stuffed in the box on top of the console. The box still had what looked like an unopened Super Breakout inside. It still has the warranty registration card, with the matching serial # stamped on it. It looks to me to be a very early model. The serial # is 35653, seems low, and the cover to the controller storage bays is the slick, shiny plastic I have only read about until today. Also, unlike any other models I'd seen, the reel on the underside for storing the RF cord is different. Instead of having little plastic fins/blades that the wire loops around, there is an entire plastic plane that you wrap the cable behind.

Finally, to really make the deal, when it came time to pay, I only had about $7 or $8 bucks on me. I asked the guy if he'd take a check and he agreed. Naturally, I couldn't find a pen! My wife has a god-forsaken minivan! We could fit the entire contents of my college apartment in that cave-on-wheels, and I couldn't find a ballpoint pen! My Dad gave me a $20, I found a $10 in my pocket, and I paid the guy. I never made it to the bank before hitting the airport, so effectively I got it for $10. WooHoo!

In a nice PS:, last weekend my Mom & brother were in town. That's moderately stressful. I seldom drink, & so I almost never even think to when it might be useful. But there were 2 beers in my fridge, and after my Mom left town, my wife offered me one of the Coronas Monday night. Tonight, after we got home from the airport, as I was typing this up, my wife brought me the other. What a gal!

See you guys later!

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got some crapper finds.

funcoland(all genesis):
    The Ooze 2.99
    Madden 96 49 Cents
    Mick and Mac Global Gladiators 4.99(I CLEANED IT AND EVERYTING, and it STILL doesnt work!!!)

Gamestop:
    Bulls vs blazers 1.49
    Somebody once told me to get a life.

I told them I sold it for money to buy video games.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Went the usual flea market that i visit about once a month, quite the variety there... anywhere from super mario/ duck hunt carts TRYING to be sold for $10, to complete NES systems for $5, its insane. Only thing i picked up this weekend was:
    Bases Loaded 3 NES &
    Mega Man (!) NES for 50 cent a piece! Quite a nice lil find! =)
    Mark