Thread: PSP Pelican Component Cable issue...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default PSP Pelican Component Cable issue...

I have been using this cable for quite some time now. Tonight, I watched "Batman Begins" using it and then turned off and unplugged the PSP. About an hour later, I figured I'd pop on another movie. Plugged it back in to the PSP and heard the PSP's sound coming out of the TV speakers as usual. BUT, when I tried to flip over to TV mode this time, the PSP gave me the "No A/V Cable" error. Unplugged and re-plugged, and same deal. Then, I tested it on one of my other PSP's (I have three) and it was the same deal. The cable apparently just "died" for no apparent reason. I checked over all of my connections of course (nothing had changed) and my TV settings were exactly the same.

I drove out and grabbed an official Sony component, brought it home, and I am back in business again. But this is somewhat concerning. WHAT would make a cable just go "bad"? In all of my years using a multitude of cables, I have never experienced something like this. Does anyone have a clue as to what happened here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

I've seen some TV issues with handshaking on HDMI which requires power cycling the TV and/or device, but not over component unless it was having issues with output resolution. I haven't played with a PSP that can output to TV so I couldn't tell you.

I've had a VGA cable do that on an Xbox 360 and some composite cables do that on the right or left channel over the years - was usually a break in the cable somewhere inside. My NES RF boxes used to go like that too.

Weird stuff happens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Welp, this is the very last time I get burned on third party devices (previous issues with a third party DS car charger & some other peripherals in the past). Only official first party cables and adapters for me from here on in. This stinkin' cable was only $5 less than the official one, and I opted for it with the thought process that "a cable is a cable, right?". Well, apparently I was wrong.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Quote Originally Posted by zektor View Post
    Welp, this is the very last time I get burned on third party devices (previous issues with a third party DS car charger & some other peripherals in the past). Only official first party cables and adapters for me from here on in. This stinkin' cable was only $5 less than the official one, and I opted for it with the thought process that "a cable is a cable, right?". Well, apparently I was wrong.
    I don't know why, but third party stuff croaks quite a bit. I remember turning on my PS1 one day with my Mad Catz memory in it and realizing that all my Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy VII data was fried. I never was able to beat the first half of Wipeout XL after that, either.