Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Tempest 2084
    PSN
    Tempest 2084

Default Official PSO Thread

Ok I don't know if this has already been done, but I want to start a thread for discussing Phantasy Star Online (DC, GameCube, or X-Box). I haven't played since last year (I think I stopped in December), and I'm looking forward to getting back into it after acquiring a GC keyboard (or rather an adapter...)

If I remember correctly I had a RAcast and he was ok, but I got kind of bored standing back and taking potshots at creatures all day (shoot, run away, shoot, run away, etc.). I was thinking about making a Hunter this time since as a RAcast all I ever found were sabers anyway. Any suggestions? I was thinking either a HUcast or a HUmar. I don't know how useful techniques are unless you're a Force (do hunters only get crappy techniques?).

Since I haven't been on-line in a long time, I'm sure I missed out on some interesting events (seasonal quests and such). Anyone want to fill me in on the exciting stuff that's been going on? Have people figured out a way to cheat yet? Is it rampant?

Tempest
    --- www.AtariProtos.com ---
    All Your Prototypes Are Belong To Us!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you start a hunter make a HUnewearl. There spells are pretty good (then can go to level 20). There TP regenerates but they have the lowest HP of all the hunters. Android hunters are really good because of the HP regen plus the freeze trap works wonders in a crowd. Down side to them is that boos fights are a little harder because of no techs.

I to got bored using my Ranger after awhile so I started a Force. A couple of weeks ago I started playing my Ranger again and it was fun again. They are easy to level because they can hit so many things at once.

As far as online events you missed a few quest nothing major. All the cool stuff you can still play.

Cheating is rampant. I have a group of people I play with that don't cheat so the duping does not bother me.

If you start any type of new character Tempest I have all sorts of stuff you can use to get you going. Let me know when you will be online and I can hook you up.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I forgot if anyone has a PSO question post it here and I will try to answer it for you.

Or you could find a lot of info at www.pso-world.com

Scott

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Tempest 2084
    PSN
    Tempest 2084

I think I may go with a Hucast or Hucaseal since I like th automatic HP regenration and immunity to poision. If I do techinques I might as well go whole hog and make a Force. Although I've been told they're pretty hard to get going.

So which is better in the long run? A HUcast or HUcaseal? Strength or agility?

Tempest
    --- www.AtariProtos.com ---
    All Your Prototypes Are Belong To Us!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So which is better in the long run? A HUcast or HUcaseal? Strength or agility?

They are one in the same. Depends if you like playing male or frmale characters. The stats can be balanced out by a mag. I have a Hucaseal and she kicks some ass.

If you start a hunter I have a Mag with 134 power I could lend you. On normal you would kill every thing with one or two hits.