Thread: Arcade Monitor hook up help needed!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Arcade Monitor hook up help needed!

Well, I am going to be downloading mame within the next week on my "new" old computer. I just got in the mail the i pac 4 and the opti pac. I was kinda hoping that on the ipac that it would have a way to hook up the monitor to that card, but I was wrong. ( I didnt think that would really be the case but I was hopeful.)

I found a site that tells me how I can get power to the monitor. But I dont know how to actually get the monitor hooked up to the computer. Check out the pic in the link below. This is what comes off the monitor. This is how it looked when I got the cabinet. Its a 1991 spiderman cab. There is NO place to hook this up to, so I need to rig it up I guess.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y63...CABINET010.jpg
    Always looking to expand my Atari collection, Odyssey and etc. ESPECIALLY looking to add to my Masters of the Universe Collection See here:http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/Igorr/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The picture you referenced above isn't the monitor connection to the PCB. It's the connection to the remote board. If it's not kicking around in the bottom of the cabinet, you need to get one. If you operate this monitor (a K7000) without this board, you'll kill your monitor if you leave it on for long.

In this picture:

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y63...CABINET009.jpg

You can see the input for the monitor on the right hand side, near the bottom. It probably goes to the JAMMA harness (Spider-Man is a JAMMA game). Instead of purchasing an IPAC you should have gotten a JPAC, it plugs right into the JAMMA harness.

Live and learn!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know its a jamma, but I am going to be adding 4 buttons per player and I thought it would be easier to just get a i pac 4 and just rewire it. I was planing on using the old wiring system.

Ok, so that piece goes to a remote board and then how would that hook up to my computer? Where can I find a remote board?
    Last edited by Igorr; 08-23-2008 at 04:18 PM.
    Always looking to expand my Atari collection, Odyssey and etc. ESPECIALLY looking to add to my Masters of the Universe Collection See here:http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/Igorr/

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unless I'm mistaken (Peale can correct me) the remote board is used to adjust the settings of the monitor, it's a set of pot do adjust brightness, the horizontal and vertical, etc.

It is not connected to your computer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken (Peale can correct me) the remote board is used to adjust the settings of the monitor, it's a set of pot do adjust brightness, the horizontal and vertical, etc.

It is not connected to your computer.
    You are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Igorr View Post
    I know its a jamma, but I am going to be adding 4 buttons per player and I thought it would be easier to just get a i pac 4 and just rewire it. I was planing on using the old wiring system.

Ok, so that piece goes to a remote board and then how would that hook up to my computer? Where can I find a remote board?
    If you were planning on using the old wiring system, a combination of the JPAC and an IPAC would do the job, as long as you used USB. And you could just plug the JPAC into the JAMMA harness and be up and running (at least for two players) nearly instantly.

I'll suggest heading to the BYOAC monitor forum and doing some reading there, ESPECIALLY the FAQ.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, so thats JUST for the monitor itself? OK cool. So I still need one of those. But how do I connect the monitor to the game itself?

Yeah, I know that I could have bought and ipac with a combination of the jpac, but I really didnt want to have to buy them both, kinda a waste of money. I didnt and dont have the extra cash lying around to buy both. What I DO have is time. I will have the time to put in to do some extra work and use only that one board along with the optipac board.

thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I joined that board you told me about Peale. I just have to be accepted now. I will start reading up on it and trying to find that board now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Word!

Just found and bought a board from a website for 17.00 with free shipping! Now I just need to figure out how to hook the monitor up to the computer? Any help?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Start reading the monitor forum @ BYOAC and you'll find more than you ever wanted to know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I am going to, just have not had time to yet!! I still need to be accepted too, but that wont stop me from reading the info, just can see everything and post yet.