Thread: Gimme a break - ridiculous shipping

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry Gimme a break - ridiculous shipping

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300249403253

So I win this auction. This price was decent. Shipping was decent, considering when I got the package, it cost her $17.50, and I only paid $15. I wanted it sooner than later, so I picked this auction because it was with priority shipping.

Anyways... I asked her for a tracking number like 4 days ago. No response. I get the package today. She didn't buy DC. Are you kidding me? Not that I would ever do this, but I could say I never got the item. Everyone's heard that one before.

So I open the package up. First of all, it's packaged in a Mike's Hard Lemonade case. Oh boy... Get that open. A bunch of white plastic shopping bags are staring at me. I get those out of the way. On the bottom of the box, with no padding is the Genesis and the games. They are not wrapped or anything. She took the stuff put it in a box, and crumpled up some plastic bags and put them on top of everything. NOT ACCEPTABLE. People are so #$$^%ing stupid.

I only needed it to test my Sega CD games that I'm selling. The model 2 Genesis I have is dead, so I needed a replacement to hook to the Sega CD. Everything worked somehow. I had to clean 3 of the carts twice to get them to work though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know, doesn't sound like a bad transaction to me, let alone one worthy of a thread. You got a great deal and everything worked.

Who cares if she didn't buy DC? That doesn't affect you in the slightest. And while she didn't pack the stuff with care like a DP member would, obviously it was suitable as everything arrived okay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    I don't know, doesn't sound like a bad transaction to me, let alone one worthy of a thread. You got a great deal and everything worked.

Who cares if she didn't buy DC? That doesn't affect you in the slightest. And while she didn't pack the stuff with care like a DP member would, obviously it was suitable as everything arrived okay.
    Problem is, if it was another buyer, a bad buyer, then she would have lost money. But heck, that's her problem...

But yeah, you got a great deal there. You could just tell her to be careful the next time around, but otherwise you did ok!
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Really.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Haha. Ok, how about the next time I ship something to you guys, I ship it the same way... Come on...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm results-oriented when it comes to stuff like this, so if the stuff arrived okay, it couldn't have been that bad. Packages generally get crushed and abused en route through the mail, so I doubt it's a fluke. Yeah, it sounds like it could have been maybe been packed better, but what does it matter if nothing's broken?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I get stuff worse packaged than that all the time and as long is it isn't broken I leave a positive . You got a great deal, be happy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyA View Post
    Haha. Ok, how about the next time I ship something to you guys, I ship it the same way... Come on...
    You have to realize that people who aren't gamers lack something that we have: common sense. To them it's just a bunch of toys that aren't worth nothing and they could care less if they get broken. To us they are extensions of our very being, so we'd never send anything in less than "nuclear holocaust" protection(just check my feedback to see how much beyond the call of duty I go with my packing). Had she had common sense she would have realized that you purchased these items because you actually....I don't know, wanted them to arrive in functionally working order so you can play them. But they did arrive in working form so I guess it worked out in the end. But still, I would leave her a neutral for it. A negative is too extreme as this might have been her first screw up, but I doubt it.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    You have to realize that people who aren't gamers lack something that we have: common sense. To them it's just a bunch of toys that aren't worth nothing and they could care less if they get broken. To us they are extensions of our very being, so we'd never send anything in less than "nuclear holocaust" protection(just check my feedback to see how much beyond the call of duty I go with my packing). Had she had common sense she would have realized that you purchased these items because you actually....I don't know, wanted them to arrive in functionally working order so you can play them. But they did arrive in working form so I guess it worked out in the end. But still, I would leave her a neutral for it. A negative is too extreme as this might have been her first screw up, but I doubt it.
    That's more my thinking. I left a positive b/c everything worked, but I hit her hard on the DSR. Too bad she doesn't have 10 ratings yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RottenToTheGore
    PSN
    TheSuperSadist

So wait, it's in a box, inside another box, with bags on top of everything?

That doesn't sound that bad really. If enough packing material was used, the games shouldn't shift around too much and there's 2 layers of cardboard to protect the bottom.

I myself would have wrapped the games and put them in a box however, but from what I'm understanding...I've seen alot worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Hello VACRMH, you have just received 666 Meseta from Oobgarm.
    The following comment was made: HAIL SATAN

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

So wait, she pays out of pocket for the shipping, you expect her to pay even more on top of that, and you call that "decent" shipping?

I've gotten things in WORSE packaging, and I didn't complain any. In fact, I've even received some things that did take a little damage in transit, and while I may grumble to myself a little, if the items are still functional and it's not a significant problem, I don't even bring it up, especially if I know I got a good deal regardless. Heck, I once bought a boxed Sega CD and the seller used the system box as the shipping box, and even thought it got banged up and covered in tape and such that pulled off some of the color on the box, all I did was send the seller an email telling him that he shouldn't ship items like that in the future.

You just need to realize that some people aren't that great at packaging, especially if they're new to it or maybe if they're just unfamiliar with shipping video games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VACRMH View Post
    So wait, it's in a box, inside another box, with bags on top of everything?

That doesn't sound that bad really. If enough packing material was used, the games shouldn't shift around too much and there's 2 layers of cardboard to protect the bottom.

I myself would have wrapped the games and put them in a box however, but from what I'm understanding...I've seen alot worse.
    No, the Mike's box was wrapped in craft paper.