Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Mario Kart prototype

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PACHUKA View Post
    K, gotcha. Greed = good, horde = good. Internet fame = good. Whatev. Just do yourself and everyone else a favor, at least dump it onto your own PC in case something should happen to the physical copy. I'll go back to my devalued world. Peace.

You are just as misinformed as the next person. Where do you think some of the unreleased NES protos that have been floating around came from? I'm so sick of people like you with this thinking I am "hording" attitude. I've had a ton of my stuff dumped, so learn some facts before you come in here with this babble.

Internet Fame = good? Please tell me where I am bragging about all these protos and making threads about them and websites and stuff. You really need to get your facts straight.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I did my research. Out of the 7 people I know on this forum, 7 say you're an elitist ass.

Sorry to crap on your topic VH. Any possiblity of producing video so we can get some of these sound differences?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wow just WOW what a reactions!

you can't blame van halen for not dumping it,it would destroy the value.

I have a unreleased prototype for the nes: escape from atlantis.
    It got dumped by somebody how also has a proto and the value goes down alot.
    But what people forget is that not all protos are the same, my copy has some graphic and control difference with the rom.
    But most people forgett this.

I think its way cool that van halen showed the differencis with pics.

Insert Coin (Level 0) van_halen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Any possiblity of producing video so we can get some of these sound differences?
    Yeah, I might be able to try that tomorrow or someday this coming week. I think a good thing would be to make an attempt at finishing the Special Cup first, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh god, here we go.

Seriously van_halen, having the screenshots and a list of changes is wonderful. For 99.9% of people, this is adequate to satisfy interest. The rom release only interests people who are jealous of not having something that someone else has. After the SMB2 debacle, I don't blame you for wanting to withold this. I say this as someone who has released many roms, including unreleased games, and will freely release any prototype roms I purchase.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by van_halen View Post
    Yeah, I might be able to try that tomorrow or someday this coming week. I think a good thing would be to make an attempt at finishing the Special Cup first, though.
    Are you connecting your snes via a/v cables, or coaxle? Because I actually have a extra set of snes A/V cables, and I'm not 100% sure but I might still have an extra external usb video capture device floating.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I did my research. Out of the 7 people I know on this forum, 7 say you're an elitist ass.

Sorry to crap on your topic VH. Any possiblity of producing video so we can get some of these sound differences?
    I disagree. DreamTR is one of the nicest collectors (prototype or not) I know.

Anyway, jumping on someone's topic and asking for free stuff that you don't even care about is kind of rude.

Van_halen: I'm sorry that whoever you trusted with the ROM of SMB2 turned out to be dishonest and 'leaked' them to the people who ended up releasing them. This is not the way it should have happened. I hope you understand that there are some people here who aren't ROM kiddies that just demand free stuff, that actually care about preservation of prototypes.

Anyway, sorry to derail the topic more. Good job on your score! I was thinking of buying the cart myself, but I'm not too big on SMK in the first place. It sounds like a nice proto, though.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd just like to see more pictures. Nice find.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[QUOTE=PACHUKA;1437820]I did my research. Out of the 7 people I know on this forum, 7 say you're an elitist ass.

You can believe what you want, but get those 7 people to post on this thread and explain how I am "elitist?" I'd love to hear this one, because if they have not met me personally, or dealt with me, then you, as someone with very few posts and is new on this forum, is extremely unaware and misinformed. Most people get the wrong impression about me because I collect for a lot of different systems, and sometimes become hostile for absolutely no reason.

Seriously, I don't even know 7 people I talk to regularly from here.

I'm glad this game turned out different for van_halen, as you just never know with protos these days.
    Last edited by DreamTR; 09-27-2008 at 04:37 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[QUOTE=DreamTR;1438118]

You can believe what you want, but get those 7 people to post on this thread and explain how I am "elitist?" I'd love to hear this one, because if they have not met me personally, or dealt with me, then you, as someone with very few posts and is new on this forum, is extremely unaware and misinformed. Most people get the wrong impression about me because I collect for a lot of different systems, and sometimes become hostile for absolutely no reason.

Seriously, I don't even know 7 people I talk to regularly from here.

I'm glad this game turned out different for van_halen, as you just never know with protos these days.
    Ok, check this. I think I jumped the gun a bit and read the book by it's cover. I talked with drx, and I trust him more then I do most people, and he kinda gave me more insight. So let's just turn the clock back about 24 hours. I apologize for jumping on you right away. I just have a HUGE desire to see any and all prototypes copied in some way that the data can be investigated in the future. That's my goal, and my thing. You got a slightly different way of going about things then I. So let's stop flooding this topic with feces and let it get back to the subject at hand! =)

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[QUOTE=PACHUKA;1438133]
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR View Post

Ok, check this. I think I jumped the gun a bit and read the book by it's cover. I talked with drx, and I trust him more then I do most people, and he kinda gave me more insight. So let's just turn the clock back about 24 hours. I apologize for jumping on you right away. I just have a HUGE desire to see any and all prototypes copied in some way that the data can be investigated in the future. That's my goal, and my thing. You got a slightly different way of going about things then I. So let's stop flooding this topic with feces and let it get back to the subject at hand! =)

That's fine, I just don't like getting jumped on by people because the ones that do that really know nothing about me, it's only hearsay. I just like collecting prototypes, but I am not going to give away things for free if I pay $1000. Any way you look at it, it's just not a smart business decision unless you can recover the costs for getting the game.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

uhm off topic ,i also think your a as*hole dream,don't know why but you got a bad rep. on the net.

and i don't even know ya.
    Sorry man,but people talk about you : selling stuff way overpriced and hostile communication.

again i don't know you!!!!! but thats the things i heard about you second hand.
    Just letting you know what i heard,thats all,why am i even posting this....

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mr obscure View Post
    uhm off topic ,i also think your a as*hole dream,don't know why but you got a bad rep. on the net.

and i don't even know ya.
    Sorry man,but people talk about you : selling stuff way overpriced and hostile communication.

again i don't know you!!!!! but thats the things i heard about you second hand.
    Just letting you know what i heard,thats all,why am i even posting this....
    mrobscure: I don't sell anything overpriced. Everything I sell is cheaper than everyone else. Hands down. Ask anyone on any of the forums, or check my for sale threads when I put them up, or go to the CGE, MWGC, AGEXPO and check out my stuff. I sell more stuff to resellers and people than you can imagine.

Hostile communication only in response to people that make me hold things (you making me hold Cheetahmen II sealed for 3 weeks, not paying for it, and me having to chase you down and ask you about it constantly) and not coming through.

Also mrobscure (dutch), you've got a pretty bad rep at Nintendo Age. I don't rip anyone off, and you've had some questionable stuff going on over there as of late, so like I said, usually the people that "hate" or think I am an asshole giving me a bad rep don't know me at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know where all this stuff about DreamTR comes from, either. Not that he needs my support to make him feel better, but the guy's been collecting longer than almost everybody (period), and he's been in the community for just as long. I've been collecting for like 6 years. I've talked to him many many times, met him twice, and dealt with him on a massive ($2,000) deal.
    Anybody who needs to "question" his reputation knowledge and contribution to video game collecting, in my opinion, is a wart on this community.

/end man love for DreamTR

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpman Jr. View Post
    I don't know where all this stuff about DreamTR comes from, either. Not that he needs my support to make him feel better, but the guy's been collecting longer than almost everybody (period), and he's been in the community for just as long. I've been collecting for like 6 years. I've talked to him many many times, met him twice, and dealt with him on a massive ($2,000) deal.
    Anybody who needs to "question" his reputation knowledge and contribution to video game collecting, in my opinion, is a wart on this community.

/end man love for DreamTR
    Thanks Jumpman =P

I don't think it's any of that, Dutch/MrObscure is just saying that apparently I am overpriced and get angry with everyone for some reason.

Honestly I think anyone that has had me pester them for information about payments that are late, doesn't understand business, or never worked in Accounts Payable/Receivable departments in their lifetimes, but it's usually people less than forthright on their payment practices or dealings with me that have these complaints...

Either that, or maybe I am the biggest asshole on DP, YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I heard DreamTR sucks at Mortal Kombat.
    Kidfenris.com: Never Updated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really think it is unfortunate that this thread got derailed.

I look forward to seeing more SMK Prototype goodness. If you want it posted on Snes Central, give me a shout.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im not talking about that cm2 deal dreamtr
    I didn't even knew that was you.

im not talking about my personal thing with you(i didn't even remembered)
    I was talking about what people say about you in general(bad rep)

And where's smoke there is fire.(not that i don't have a shady rep,so we can shake hands)

BTW: where you that guy that chooked in a semi final of nwc

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

mrobscure: you can't compare the two, I have not ripped anyone off or had "shady" deals, so the two are not comparable.

And yes, I choked in the actual semifinal 1990 NWCs when I was the top scoregetter throughout the weekend in my age group at the Miami, FL location.

It's cool, I don't have any problems with you, but I am sure the people that tell you they have problems with me, there must be a reason. Two sides to every story. No one is perfect, but I don't mess around when it comes to buying/selling...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by Fixed View Post
    I heard DreamTR sucks.
    Oh, I went there.