Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dreamcast survey... it's thinking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Dreamcast survey... it's thinking.

The Dreamcast turned nine years old today, and I thought it'd be a cool idea to celebrate with a survey.

The questions:
    How many games do you own for the Dreamcast?
    When did you get your DC?
    What made you decide to get a DC?
    What was the first DC game you played?
    What was the first DC game you owned?
    How many controllers do you have?

What are your favorite DC games?
    What's the worst DC game you've played?
    What are your favorite multiplayer games?
    What's your favorite DC find?
    What's your favorite game that you got for free?
    How often do you play your DC?
    Do you have a favorite memory centered around the DC?

18. The most recent addition is Blue Stinger.

When did you get your first DC?

I bought a white DC in September 2007 for $20, which is the first one I've ever had.

While I had some interest in the DC, I never thought too much about adding one to the collection until 2007. A few months before I got my DC, a friend of mine included Crazy Taxi 2 as a bonus in a trade we had made. Then, after getting a new copy of Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX for a quarter at an FYE in August, I knew it was time.

Crazy Taxi, at a friend's house during the system's heyday. A few months later, he offered to sell me his system and the game for $40, but I didn't have the money at the time.

Crazy Taxi 2.

Three (all first party - two white, and one blue). I'll eventually get a fourth.

Crazy Taxi 1 and 2, 4x4 Evolution, Bangai-O, Ikaruga, Hydro Thunder, Soul Calibur, 18 Wheeler, and Chu Chu Rocket.

Sno Cross Championship Racing. I liked the track editor, but poor controls ruined the rest of the game.

I haven't played that much multiplayer yet, but so far, I like Soul Calibur and Gauntlet Legends.

Getting StarLancer for a quarter was cool, even if it's missing the back insert.

Crazy Taxi 2.

Unfortunately, it isn't hooked up at the moment. It's been a few months.

Staying up late and playing Crazy Taxi 2 after I got my DC.
    Last edited by DigitalSpace; 09-09-2008 at 10:40 AM.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I own about 15 real games, but have most burnt

I got mine on launch day, and I drove 500km to get it as well!

Sega released a system, I bought the system. I was really stoked about the Dreamcast though, I still think it had the best launch of any system EVER.

[I]What was the first DC game you played?
    [/ISonic Adventure

Bought Sonic Adventure and Soul Caliber on launch day.

One American Blue, One American White, One Japanese Millennium 2000 Black, One Japanese Millennium Pink, all with matching VMUs. Samba Maracas, One official larger mem card, one rumble pack, One Seaman mic, One keyboard, One Mouse.

Crazy Taxi, Space Channel 5, Rez, PowerStone 2, Yu Suzuki Collection, Worms, San Fran Rush, Sonic Adventure, NHL 2k2,

Who wants to beat up a millionaire

Gauntlet Legends, PS2, Worms, Ooga Booga, Rush, Chu Chu Rocket, Pen Pen, Bomberman

Space Channel 5 with music CD haha

Rez

Every couple weeks

After the failures of Sega CD, 32X and Saturn, I was stoked at how amazing the Dreamcast was. Too bad the majority of people were retards and didn't support it.[/QUOTE]
    My System History in order of purchase: Coleco Vision - Master System - Genesis - Game Gear - Sega CD - 32X - Saturn - Nomad - PS1 - Dreamcast - PS2 - DS - PS3 (60GB) - PSP - 360.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    theCHUDscame

A whopping 5 games.

Only about 3 years ago.

Needed it for my SEGA line.

Sonic Adventure

Sonic Shuffle and NFL 2K1 came with it.

One official, one madcatz.

Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi - I haven't played much.

Never played it, but NFL 2K1 for a couple of reasons: 1. I hate sports games. 2. I see infinitely more copies of this game at used game stores than SMB/Duckhunt - nobody wants it.

Dunno.

The DC itself - friend's neighbor had just moved in and found some extra junk still at the house, sold my friend the DC in a nice carrying bag for a penny and then the friend gave it to me.

Sonic Adventure

Almost never.

Might be a little inappropriate, but the first time I ever got high I played the Sonic Adventure demo on the Generator Vol. 2 disc and when I got to the part where the whale chases Sonic, my jaw just dropped and I stared at the screen like a young boy seeing a nude woman for the first time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not as many as I used to. The Dreamcast has been turned into a JAMMAcast, solely for use in a Candy playing vert shooters. Therefore, I'm down to less than 20 games.

Release week.

Playing Power Stone on Japanese Import. Still one of my favorite games to this day.

Power Stone.

Not entirely sure, Sonic Adventure iirc.

Still have a couple of pads kicking around, but my main one is part of the JAMMAcast. I used to have Twin Sticks, Arcade Stick, Wheels, Rods etc...

Under Defeat
    Marvel vs Capcom 2
    Power Stones 1 & 2
    Radilgy
    Skies of Arcadia
    Guilty Gear X
    Propeller Arena
    etc, etc.... the list goes on.

I read reviews....

Power Stone 2

Mint condition boxed official Arcade Stick with minty Street Fighter Alpha 3 from Gamestation for £20.

Propeller Arena. Ninja Edit: Beats of Rage and some of it's mods are amazing.

Regularly, as long as I'm not playing Last Blade or Garou.

Playing through Skies of Arcadia when I was still living at my Parents' and didn't have a care in the world....
    Last edited by CosmicMonkey; 09-09-2008 at 05:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Great idea, here's my answers-- I love this system!!!

Currently my collection is at 25

I believe it was around 2001 or 2002, when the Dreamcast was essentially dead. Various places were clearing out brand-new systems at around $50! I knew I couldn't miss this opportunity so--not having enough money at the time--asked my parents to get me one for Christmas. And they delivered

The price + the graphics. There was no better value at the time. Also, I really liked the strong Japanese influence on the system (more on that later).

I think the first game I actually played might have been Crazy Taxi or Ready 2 Rumble at a friends house.

I think I bought two--Sonic Adventure and Jet Grind Radio

Four--all official (white, skeleton blue, and two recently acquired skeleton greys)

Sonic Adventure, Shenmue, Jet Grind Radio, and Crazy Taxi 2. Bangai-O gets an honorable mention for sure though.

Haha--well just recently I got that Dave Mirra BMX game mentioned awhile back, and I thought the physics and controls were terrible. I actually like those types of games--having played plenty of Tony Hawk 2 on the Playstation--but this was really bad. Maybe I just don't remember how poor those games controlled, but I liked Matt Hoffman's version better.

Haven't played much multiplayer on the DC--not enough friends interested in it, and missed out on the whole PSO craze--but I've had some crazy 3-4 person Chu Chu Rocket battles.

Hm, that's tough. In many ways I feel all my purchases for the DC have been "finds", even the system itself. Especially at the "beginning" (well, for me anyways), when you could walk into Gamestop (or EB or Babbages for that matter) and pick up a $50 brand new system, or a MINT copy of Jet Grind Radio, Bangai-O, or Fatal Fury Mark of Wolves for $15 (which I certainly did). It was the ultimate bargain system.

Never got one for free! I've bought a few lots that the value of one game in them could pay off the rest (finding a disc-only Project Justice in one comes to mind), but I've never just got one without paying something.

Well, this summer, probably at the very least once a week, and more likely averaging about 3-4 times a week.

Definitely. One day I walked into the mall Gamestop (or it's previous incarnation)--I guess this would make me around 13 at the time, and set-up near the front of the store was a Dreamcast, with one of the clerks playing Sonic Adventure. Now mind you, this was well BEFORE the US launch, I want to say a good 4-5 months before--so you can imagine how mindblowing this was. I asked the clerk what it was--he said it was a Dreamcast, imported from Japan by another clerk, who decided to bring it in the store (yes, Gamestop was a different place back then). I was completely floored. SO FAST, SO BEAUTIFUL. I knew there was nothing like this out at the time--it completely obliterated the jaggy polygons of the Playstation--and was the most smooth, fluid thing I ever saw. It was like watching a movie. After a few mintues of me standing there oogling at the setup, the clerk asked if I wanted to give it a try. And I said NO. I'm not quite sure why I said that, I just knew, that I wanted to keep watching--everything was so perfect and amazing, I was still soaking it in--I didn't want to play it, no...I COULDN'T play it..not right now. So I just watched...watched the beautiful images of Sonic going around and around in the Wind level...watched the clerk use the strange controller which looked like a part of a ufo, navigating menus in equally cryptic Japanese...watched the smooth white console with it's little red light...I couldn't play it...it was very much beyond me. I walked out of that store on a high, I told my mom what I had just saw, but of course, she didn't understand--then again, I didn't quite either at the time, I just knew I had just experienced something amazing.
    Of course, I finally got to play it... but that memory is still very vivid in my mind, as the moment I exposed to something completely brand new.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

All of them. All released US games including all Hot!New! variants and other known disc/insert variants, all NRF pack ins, all SAS titles (including variants) and the four DC Homebrew games done by the GoatStore.

Mid 04, just before my old indy shop shut down.

Indy shop was dying. Good prices on lots of games, including many new ones.

Either Chu Chu Rocket or Soul Calibur

I don't remember.

Three or four.

Don't really have one.

Floigian Brothers was pretty bad.

Soul Calibur is always good stuff,

Giga Wing 2. I got it from Dangerboy at my wedding along with a whole little speech during the Best man toast. It completed the collection.

Giga Wing 2. See above

Its been a looooooooooong time since its even been hooked up.

I got alot of my final needed games for my collection from Blackjax, right before he passed away. Not quite a favorite memory, but a cherised one, that makes me appreciate my collection even more.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Christmas of '99.

The games, and I didn't have a PC at the time, so the Internet access was a huge plus.

Sonic Adventure.

Sonic Adventure and Soul Calibur.

Just one.

Sonic Adventure, Soul Calibur, Shenmue, Shenmue II, Jet Set Radio.

Either Dragon Riders - Chronicles of Pern or WWF Royal Rumble.

Soul Calibur, Power Stone, Ready 2 Rumble, Virtua Tennis, PSO

Don't really have one, as I bought them all at retail.

Sonic Adventure.

I usually break it out every couple months or so.

Playing Sonic Adventure at KB Toys for the first time before it came out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zeno2112

How many games do you own for the Dreamcast? - 30 original titles

When did you get your DC? - 2003. Traded a Colecovision to another DP'er for it.

What made you decide to get a DC? - Curiosity about what at the time was considered a "modern" system. Would I be able to get into modern games? The answer was mostly yes.

What was the first DC game you played? - Power Stone 2 at a Gamestop kiosk. Didn't like it at the time because I was still on too much of an old school mindset.

What was the first DC game you owned? - Sega GT Rally and Shenmue, which were included in the trade.

How many controllers do you have? - Six (count `em) stock controllers: Two white ones, one each of red, green, blue and black, and all have extension cables and color-coordinated VMU's. Also two light pistols, keyboard, mouse and a Mad Catz steering wheel with pedals. DC is one system for which I really went all out in respect to peripherals.

What are your favorite DC games? - Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, Soul Calibur, Shenmue, Spirit of Speed 1937.

What's the worst DC game you've played? - KISS Psycho Circus. That frame rate is inexcusable

What are your favorite multiplayer games? - Soul Calibur and Gauntlet Legends.

What's your favorite DC find? - Not one, but two, sealed copies of the Sonic Adventure 10th Anniversary CD package at a thrift for $3 apiece. Gave one away, though, but it was a good score at the time.

What's your favorite game that you got for free? - Other than Shenmue, I'll say Ikaruga. It's really hard to play, but the graphics are absolutely stunning.

How often do you play your DC? - Not as often as I used to, but it's still hooked up and ready go. More often these days I use it for NES/SNES emulation.

Do you have a favorite memory centered around the DC? - I was having a really difficult time figuring out how to make working console emulation discs, as opposed to coasters. A very knowledgeable forum member was kind enough to PM me about it and explain what to do in clear, sensible terms. This memory is less about the "DC" than "DP", but I'm still grateful for the assistance.

Level 10 Manly Pink Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pirate OTK
    PSN
    theguywithus

I currently hold 79 non reapeated Non dreamcast Games and 83 with repeats. It's my 3rd largest collection to my Genesis (1st) and Atari 2600 (2nd). 2 Are burned and 1 is Japanese (REZ).

My first one I got a month after it came out in 1999. I got my second one last year after The original's motherboard's video died. I might repair it. Many fond memories with it.

Early Sega Fan and it amazed me when I first saw the commercials in the movie theaters. I was excited.

Technically
    The Dreamcast Generator vol.1 But my first game was of course SONIC ADVENTURE~

Uhh... Sonic Adventure?

4 DC controllers 1 Racing Wheel 1 mad catz keyboard converter Others I can't think of.

Skies of Arcadia, Jet Grind Radio, Sonic Adventure. I could go on...

Dynamite Cop!
    but it was so horrible it was funny. xD

Rush 2049 Hands down~ I even own a copy of it's prototype!

Right now it's my Prototype. Also the racing wheel for 4$. Those things are supposed to be common but f*cking hard to find in the wild..

Wild Metal.

Not as much as I used to. But it always makes the travel with me to college. It's my favorite system.

Well,
    How I got it. I saved for months for it and got 100$. That was the first time I saved that much money ever. I wanted my dreamcast badly. Then my report card came around and my parents went to see my teacher. I was sure I'd never get it... But when I got home.. there it was sitting in my basement waiting for me.
    Last edited by otoko; 09-09-2008 at 12:56 PM.

Chasing the chuckwagon. schnuth's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

78 original games. 56 US, 20 Japanese, and 2 UK. I may have a few burns around here too...

About a week after launch. I missed out on getting one on launch day since I didn't pre-order and had to wait for a second shipment.

I became a huge fan of the Saturn after buying one on the cheap from Blockbuster. Once other rental stores in my area started dumping Saturn games I fell in love with Sega all over again. Plus I really wanted a home version of House Of The Dead 2.

Sonic Adventure at a demo unit at Toys R Us.

Soul Calibur. It would have been Sonic Adventure but I got a defective copy and had to wait for a new batch to come in.

4 standard including a green millenium controller (oooohhhh!). I also have two import light guns, a Mad Catz light gun, Virtual On twinsticks, and I think there is a fishing controller around here somewhere.

Virtual On, Shenmue, Soul Calibur, Rez, Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio, House Of The Dead 2, Confidential Mission, Samba De Amigo, Phantasy Star Online...

Slave Zero, Trickstyle...

Chu Chu Rocket, Puzzle Fighter, Typing Of The Dead, Soul Calibur, Phantasy Star Online....

Marvel vs Capcom 2 for $5 at a pawn shop.

I'm sure I got a bunch of games as gifts but I can't remember which at this point.

Not too often. But I got a VGA box to hook mine up to my HDTV last month and have been playing a lot of Virtual On lately.

Bringing it home at showing my then girlfriend now wife Soul Calibur. "Cool intro but how does the gameplay look?", she asked. I think we played that game all weekend only taking breaks for food and snoo-snoo.

Aaron

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Updated for the 10th anniversary, 2009! New answers are bold.
    139 at current count

First Christmas right after it debuted

I hadn't purchased a new console since the Genesis, and wanted one because I loved computer gaming at the time, but it was expensive to keep up during those early PC online games.

Not sure - very vague, but probably Blue Stinger (I was really into Hexen, Doom, etc.)

Blue Stinger, Air Force Delta, Crazy Taxi, and Vigilante 8 were all very early for me.

Probably 10 or so due to picking up collections, but only 2 back in the day.

Ms. Pac Man Maze Madness is unbelievably addicting, Blue Stinger was fun, Air Force Delta, and probably the most played game ever on my DC is Caesars Palace 2000. My wife and I used to play it all the time to get ready for our yearly trips to the Bellagio!

Kiss Psycho Circus only because I'm such a HUGE Kiss fan and it was a big disappointment in play quality.

Star Wars Demolition, Gauntlet Legends, Vigilante 8, and Caesars Palace

Japanese "Hello Kitty" pink DC system in box. Complete except for the Pink VMU (anyone have one?)

Never got a free game.

I'm in a summer-long dry spell. Need to pull it out and play it tonight!

Some friends came over for dinner and we spent all night playing Sega Rally with the Madcatz wheel and pedals. We all took turns for hours and hours. Our kids had just been born and we put them down to sleep and got to enjoy some time just being "kidless" again and it was awesome!
    Last edited by Deadman; 09-09-2009 at 04:20 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dreamcast quiz! I love Dreamcast!

14 games

It was cheap and I had heard good things.

Shenmue (Sometimes I wish I was a girl so I wouldn't have to be so gay for Shenmue) :-p

I got about 8 of them at the same time. Skies, Shenmue, Crazy Taxi, JGR, Power Stone, Sonic, Soul Calibur, and Tennis 2k2

3, Regular, Green and Blue!

Shenmue 1 & 2 and Skies of Arcadia

I haven't played any bad ones, but I haven't played many.

Power Stone 1 & 2 and Soul Calibur

I found a pal Shenmue 2 in Gamestop. I think my heart skipped a beat.

No games for free unless you count them in the bundle I got at the start. $40 for the games I mentioned above and the system.

Not so often any more. It's not with me at college, just my Wii and PS3.

Yeah, when I beat Shenmue 2 and my mouth was hanging open for the last 45 minutes and then I cried because I knew deep down that a third will never be made.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Today lots of DC topics are flying around various boards, but this one is the best I've seen. Good way to incorporate a survey, DS

-How many games do you own for the Dreamcast?
    About 40

-When did you get your DC?
    Around 2002 or 2003

-What made you decide to get a DC?
    Actually it was sort of luck. I won the system for free on a Neo-Geo.com contest hosted by one poster. It involved an egg hunt online looking for clues to spell out the mystery word. I remember he even had me go to the Jurassic Park website to find one of the letters, lol. I even had a random NG member help me out on instant messaging, as he already had a DC and for whatever reasons thought it would be a hoot if the "resident Saturn expert" (as I was known back then) also had a Dreamcast. The mystery word ended up being "Gaiety" which basically means to be in "high spirits" or happy

-What was the first DC game you played?
    God, what was it? I'm going to unofficially say.... Plasma Sword or Carrier

-What was the first DC game you owned?
    The system came free bundled with EVO, Grandia II and Shenmue

-How many controllers do you have?
    Just 1. Been meaning to buy another one but never ever got around to it

-What are your favorite DC games?
    I haven't played a whole lot. I guess I don't really have any clear-cut favorites. I did enjoy Resident Evil 2 (before my save files crapped out on me). Also, I'm actually one of those folks who enjoyed Blue Stinger

-What's the worst DC game you've played?
    JMO but probably Maken X. I liked it initially, but found it wasn't my cup of tea on repeated sessions

-What are your favorite multiplayer games?
    Not that I have played it multi, but I'm sure PowerStone series if I did

-What's your favorite DC find?
    Don't have a crazy good story I could tell you here unlike SNES/Saturn as I was always mostly a casual DC owner. Probably winning the system for free itself if you qualify that as a find.

-What's your favorite game that you got for free?
    I'll say the system itself

-How often do you play your DC?
    God, it's been a while. Not since RE2, which was probably late 2005 (or 06?) maybe...

-Do you have a favorite memory centered around the DC?
    Winning the system for free for sure, and also, during '04 I had my mini DC craze run there. I slept over at my then-GF's apartment probably 4 to 5 days out of the week (her APT was also a short block or two from University campus) and I left some DC games there which I ended up playing on a few occasions. She was a pseudo-gamer so she played with me and when she didn't, looked on with some interest.

Sega Saturn Magazine's final page, fitting and beautiful

PS- I was a big fan of PLANETDREAMCAST.com in 2004. It's nice to see the site is still around. Easily the best DC website I've seen.

RVGFANATIC: SNES, Saturn, mad ramblings and more
    RELIVE | REMEMBER | REPLAY

Brand new URL!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Happy Birthday Dreamcast!
    -How many games do you own?
    16. 15 US and a Japanese copy of Zombie Revenge
    -When did you get your DC?
    January 07
    -What made you decide to get a Dreamcast?
    I'd been looking at one for a while, and they were dirt cheap. My local used shop had them for $25 each, while still selling SNES's for $50. Plus, back then I only had 3 other systems.
    -What was the first DC game you played?
    Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
    -What was the first DC game you owned?
    Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
    -How many Controllers do you own?
    5. One came with my dreamcast, and the used shop I bought it from sold them for $2 each, so I picked up 3 more for backups and MP. Then, a few months ago, I bought a boxed dreamcast for $20 on craigslist with one included.
    -What are your favorite dreamcast games?
    Grandia 2, Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio, Bangai-O, Virtua Tennis.
    -What's the worst DC game you've played?
    Bomberman Online. Just didn't like it.
    -What are your favorite MP games?
    Virtua Tennis, Virtua Cop 2 (courtesy of Sega Smash Pack Vol. 1) and Sega Swirl.
    -What's your favorite DC find?
    I went to a newly opened pawnshop and found a mint, complete copy of Bangai-O. The guy used eBay to set his prices (Sword of the Berzerk for $40?!) but he must of missed that one because he looked at it for a second and said $10. Not only that, but I had a copy of Eragon for the 360 that I was going to sell to him in my car and we just ended up trading game for game. Pretty sweet.
    -What's your favorite game you got for free?
    I didn't really get any game for free unless you count trading Bangai-O for Eragon.
    -How often do you play your DC?
    Not as often as I'd like. With 9 systems it's hard to set off enough time for each one.
    -Favorite Memory centered around the DC?
    A few weeks after I got mine my friend came over and we played Sega Swirl, Virtua Cop, and Virtua Tennis until pretty late into the night. Another memory is when I took my DC on vacation with me and spent almost 4 straight hours playing one of Crazy Taxi's Minigames, where you had to take a guy to the other side of the map w/o falling in the ocean. I forget my best score, but it was better then the 10th ranked guy on Twingalaxies leaderboards.

Strawberry (Level 2) Nitrosport's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Release day

Sonic Adventure

Sonic Adventure on store kiosk

Sonic Adventure

Sonic Advenure
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Shenmue
    soul calibur
    the house of the dead 2
    power stone
    air force delta

not sure

Power stone
    the house of the dead 2
    soul calibur

sports edition dreamcast for $10

I paid for all of mine.

A couple of times a week.

Playing the kiosk for the first time at kb toys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Roughly 50-60.

September 1999.

Being a SEGA fanboy :P

Marvel VS Capcom

Marvel VS Capcom (Hmm..)

Oooh plenty.

Toy Commander, Red Dog, ShenMue I/II, Outtrigger.

WWF Attitude

Toy Commander, Red Dog, Outtrigger, Gauntlet Legends, PSO, Speed Devils Online

ShenMue I & II on release. Looking to buy the special strawberry VMU for some time now.

Chu Chu Rocket!

Not enough. But I just got it out again

Playing the above multiplayer games with friends (especially Toy Commander), playing PSO online for the first time, playing ShenMue I & II, uploading scores with ShenMue passport,
    talking to Seaman, playing Samba de Amigo with maracas, playing Speed Devils online the last days before the servers went down. Buying Under Defeat.
    Last edited by c2000; 09-09-2008 at 06:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

January 2003. I made the mistake of getting a GameCube in May 2002 (Australian launch) and as such, I had poured all my money into instead of getting a Dreamcast for Christmas 2001. If I'd known I would be getting ten times more enjoyment out of a DC than my GCN, I never would've bought that stupid black box.

The games. The console just seemed so geared towards my taste in gaming - plus I REALLY wanted to play Sega Rally 2.

Sega Rally 2

Sega Rally 2!

Um, well I have one for each DC I own, so 2 there. I have another standard white one and a transparent green one (US). Do we count ALL types of controllers? Because if so, I also have an Arcade stick, SEGA light gun (not the crappy Mad Catz one America got) and fishing rod. That would be 7.

Sega Rally 2 (despite all it's flaws)
    Soul Calibur
    Shenmue
    The House of the Dead 2 (although I can't play it on my LCD TV )
    Crazy Taxi
    The Typing of the Dead
    Tokyo Bus Guide
    Zero Gunner 2
    Street Fighter Alpha 3

Nothing particularly horrendous comes to mind - I guess Incoming?

ChuChu Rocket!

Finding almost mind copies of Ikaruga and Zero Gunner 2 for $5 each.

I have only received two games for free on the DC, Tech Romancer and Phantasy Star Online. Out of those, I would say I prefer TR.

In 2003 and 2004 I would've said EVERY DAY. It was easily my most played console. Unfortunately, I think I truly have exhausted its library of games that I am willing to buy and play (at least from a PAL perspective). I still crank it out maybe once a month or so.

Going to a 1999 computer expo here in Perth, the most isolated capital city in the world and playing a Dreamcast for the first time ever. Played Sega Rally 2 (the console was still several months away from release). I also remember some of the DC's they had were buggy and kept resetting to the DC logo. It didn't deter me, I still wanted one more than anything. It is my second greatest regret not buying one back in the day (the greatest being trading my original SNES).

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

The questions:
    all of them! haha! to be fair, only like 8 or so are legit

launch day, then picked up another at a yard sale for 15 bucks about 4 years ago

sonic adventure

sonic adventure....

sonic adventure......

now i think i have 2 or 3. plus the (now useless due to hdtv) gun

all lightgun games (grr...), sonic adventure... i think i had some other good ones but anything worth
    a damn is already out on other consoles so who cares? i loved (at the time) crazy taxi, MvC...

oh god... nothing comes to mind (i probably deleted it from my memory and trashed the cd) but Mortal Kombat (i think gold or 4 or trilogy or something) was absolutely terrible. there was a LOT of really really mediocre garbage that i wouldnt even buy for a penny though..

worms! and since its a DC exclusive i couldnt play it anywhere else! *cough*. outrigger was fun too.

black sega sports complete set for 15 at a yard sale

if you dont count hte ones i downloaded i didnt get any for free..

never

honestly.. no.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

9/9/99. Rented it in mid or late August from Hollywood Video

Sonic Adventure

Sonic Adventure

Sonic Adventure

2 standard, 1 fishing and 1 keyboard

Sonic Adventure
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Phantasy Star Online v2
    Soul Calibur
    Skies of Arcadia
    Marvel Vs. Capcom 2

Stupid Invaders

Phantasy Star Online v2
    Marvel Vs. Capcom 2
    Soul Calibur

Not really a find, but one of the very few copies of Bangai-O I recall seeing in stores was the copy I bought. I reserved it and they lost it and had to hunt for it So technically it was a find..

n/a

Every few months I pull it out for a solid couple weeks of gaming

Seeing Soul Calibur on an overhead monitor at EB Games back shortly after launch and just having my jaw drop.

Everything related to Sonic Adventure; pre-release shots, rental from Hollywood Video, beating Chaos' final form.

Being at the Los Angeles County Fair and seeing a Dreamcast commercial on a giant monitor. (It was the commercial with all the characters in it.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sonic R 0
    PSN
    SONICr

First one: 9-9-99(got stolen) Second one: February 2001(Smash Pack console)

I've always had my faith in Sega

Soul Calibur

Soul Calibur

Border Down
    Under Defeat
    Zero Gunner 2
    Cannon Spike
    Tennis 2k2
    Rez
    Soul Calibur
    Jet Grind Radio

What's the worst DC
    game you've played?
    Pia Carrot (dl/burned it, did not understand :shrug: )

Tennis 2k2, Chu Chu Rocket, Power Stone 2

Found Giga Wing 2 and Mars Matrix complete and mint at Game Crazy back in 2004 for 10 dollars each.

Only DC game I got for free was Sonic Adventure Sega All-Stars version

Regulary (actually played some Under Defeat today!)

It was the console that had newer shooting games coming out here in the USA at a time when shoot em up was not popular anymore…
    Dreamcast was also the console where I discover and enjoy 4 player game playing especially with Power Stone/Power Stone 2 and Virtua Tennis/Tennis 2k2