Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dreamcast survey... it's thinking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How many games do you own for the Dreamcast?
    When did you get your DC?
    What made you decide to get a DC?
    What was the first DC game you played?
    What was the first DC game you owned?
    How many controllers do you have?
    What are your favorite DC games?
    What's the worst DC game you've played?
    What are your favorite multiplayer games?
    What's your favorite DC find?
    What's your favorite game that you got for free?
    How often do you play your DC?
    Do you have a favorite memory centered around the DC?

1. 10, pared down from about 30-35. I kept the ones that I liked/played
    2. A few yrs back, my mother-in--law got it at a summer garage sale w/ 30 games for $30!
    3. Never had it before & the price was right!
    4. Dont recall, may have been Jet Grind Radio (& I broke a off control thumbstick over it!)
    5. I owned 30 all at once!
    6. 4, 3 working.
    7. Sega Marine Fishing, Q*Bert, Reel Fishing Wild, Tee Off, Armada, HotDead 2
    8. Well, I got some games that I knew I wouldnt like & sold off immediately w/out playing them!
    9. Always only played it alone
    10. I bought the fishing controller for $15- worth every cent! Also Sega SmashPack for $4.
    11. Never got one free, but the whole garage sale deal was pretty sweet.
    12. I've had it packed away for awhile now, to see how long I can go w/out it. But I found Sega Smash Pack & think about trying that out.
    13. When I had my avid-fisherman dad try Sega Marine Fishing, he set the hook & yanked the fishing controller plug right out of the Dreamcast!
    Last edited by RJ; 09-09-2008 at 09:28 PM.
    "The big things that...nerds like to argue about might not actually matter that much."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The questions:
    40-60. I don't remember the exact number.

9-9-99. Yes, I waited in a long line. Only thing I have ever done it with ever. It still works and I still have it.

I enjoyed my Saturn, and the next step up was sure to be incredible

nfl 2k

nfl 2k

2 I have no clue why I only have 2. Well, I have a mad catz light gun (one of the official hod2 guns), so I can cheat and say 3. Oh yeah, I got a minty complete fishing controller as well, so I have 4

Sega Bass Fishing
    Jet Set/Grind Radio
    Shenmue
    Sonic Adventure
    OutTrigger
    Crazy Taxi
    Star Wars: Jedi Power Battles
    Virtua Fighter 3

Floigan Brothers.

2k sports games
    Spawn
    Heavy Metal
    OutTrigger
    Unreal Tournament
    Quake 3: Arena
    Sega Bass fishing (when we switch off levels)

Coaster Works in a PS1 case for some game at goodwill (I took the stuff out of the case and use it for coaster works. It is my favorite because back in the day people used to love to steal cd's, probably still do, and I was looking to see what ps1 discs were in there, and coaster works was in a ps1 case.

Virtua Fighter 3 (B-Day)

once a month, sometimes more

Playing nfl 2k on launch day. I am not really into sports games all that much, but it was the dc, and it was my first game. Also, the dfc nfl 2k series is awesome and worth playing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

August or September 2001.

Funny story behind this (long rant ahead). I was one of the system's naysayers when it first came out. I'd had a Saturn as my main system, and Bernie Stolar's murdering of the system, with the resulting year-plus gap of NO Sega games, pretty much forced me to go with something else. In the summer/fall of '98, I traded in my Saturn for a Playstation. When the Dreamcast came out, I'd become a loyal Playstation gamer. It's not that I bought into the PS2 hype or anything, I was just really happy with my PSX and it was still kind of new to me. I also thought it was a little too early for a new generation of systems, and I was one of the few people who wasn't totally blown away by the quality of the system's graphics. Plus, my thought was that they'd just abandon the system like they'd done before. But, I had a friend who got a Dreamcast at launch, so I got to experience the system anyway. As time went on, more and more of my friends bought DC's. I had fun with it whenever I played at a friend's house, and there seemed to be a good stream of games coming out, but I was still pretty set against it in my mind. Then in late 2000, an avalanche of games came out. Shenmue and Jet Grind Radio in particular made me re-evaluate my thoughts on the system. And then I read a new article on the internet that started off with "There just isn't any stopping the Sega success machine" talking about the system's sales. Between that news, all the games that were coming out, and seeing all the games that were in the pipeline, I changed my mind and began to think Sega was actually devoted to this system. Then the PS2 launched. Although I hadn't been as impressed by DC as everyone else, PS2's games looked worse, and I began to more appreciate DC's graphics by comparison. The selection of games at launch was god-awful compared to Dreamcast's launch lineup as well, and Sony didn't bundle a modem with their system or have any online plan at all. There also didn't even seem to be that many games in its near future. PS2 seemed incredibly weak; it was a DVD-playing one-trick pony. That was when I decided to choose Dreamcast. But, I wasn't really in a position to get one just yet. Around this time, a friend of mine offered to sell me his Nomad. I'd always wanted one, so I did, but it came with a bunch of games and stuff, so it cost me (incidentally, that purchase of a Nomad was my first foray into nostalgia/retro/classic gaming). So, I started saving for a DC with Christmas money, and then I was saving some money through January. Phantasy Star Online came out around this time, and it was huge. Everyone was talking about it. PS2 had... nothing. And then, literally the day I was going to go down to Funcoland to buy a Dreamcast, I read on the internet that Sega was pulling out of the hardware business. This was the biggest "WTF" to me, since they were finally enjoying success. Reading this news gave me pause, and I didn't buy a Dreamcast that day. I was really enjoying the nostalgia trip with my Nomad though, so I decided to buy an SNES, and then a Saturn. Then I decided that even though they were dumping it, the Dreamcast had enough games already to be worthwhile as it was. I acquired one late that summer. I'm glad I got one when I did, because I was able to take advantage of lots of good deals on Dreamcast games in late 2001 and early 2002. When most systems die out, their section in the stores gradually gets smaller over time, but with Dreamcast, they had huge amounts of games to clearance.

Virtua Fighter 3tb, Japanese version. A local used game store around here imported a launch DC unit and kept it hooked up for customers (and employees) to play.

Not 100% sure, but my earliest acquisitions include Maken X, Grandia II, Jet Grind Radio, Chu Chu Rocket, Shenmue, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Space Channel 5, Soul Reaver, and Phantasy Star Online.

I have 4 regular controllers, 1 Sega Sports controller, 1 third-party translucent pink 6-button controller, 1 Twin Stick, 2 Pop'n Music controllers, 2 sets of first-party maracas, a keyboard, and a mouse.

My personal top 11: Jet Grind Radio, Mr. Driller, Border Down, Shenmue, Sonic Adventure 2, Samba de Amigo, Headhunter, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Power Stone 2, Bangai-O, Crazy Taxi 2.

I'm generally good at avoiding the crap, but two games stick out: Death Crimson OX and Who Wants to Beat Up a Millionaire.

Power Stone 2, Samba de Amigo, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and Chu Chu Rocket are all a great time. And although it's not multiplayer, I've done a lot of "taking-turns playing" of both Crazy Taxi games at parties and stuff (not so much lately, but back then).

At an EB in late 2001 I got a Sega Sports Edition Dreamcast for $20. It was in the original box and complete with the games, browser disc, etc. They're not in as high demand as they used to be, but for a while there (circa 2004-05 I wanna say), the Sega Sports DC's were going for a pretty penny. Now they're not as costly, but it's still rare to see them complete in box.

I never got that many games for free, but Shenmue II was a Christmas present in 2001. Awesomeness.

It varies a lot. I'll go through periods where I play it every day, and then I'll leave it untouched for like three months.

Playing Ooga Booga online at a friend's house right when it came out. That game was a blast online. Maybe not the absolute most fun I've had with the DC, but it's my favorite memory because you had to have done it at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShawn
    Please highlight what a douche I am.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I believe it's 217, but most of my Dreamcast collection in storage right now and that number doesn't include imports. Also, I own several doubles or triples of certain games.
    I got my original DC in 2000 when I traded in my N64 collection including the Atomic Purple set, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark and Harvest Moon 64 (arrgh!) to get it, but it was worth it.
    I saw that Midway had released NBA Showtime: NBA on NBC, and Showtime was just like NBA Jam, one of my favorite arcade games. I knew I had to have it.
    I want to say Sonic Adventure in EB Games. I remember running across the bridge with the killer whale chasing me.
    NBA Showtime: NBA on NBC.
    At least eight, although I'm not counting my two boxed Mad Catz steering wheels, two fishing controllers, keyboards, mice and a brand new unused Samba de Amigo set in that number.
    Crazy Taxi, Daytona USA, NBA Showtime: NBA on NBC, Unreal Tournament, the Capcom shoot 'em ups and fighting games
    Toy Commander (I never got used to the controls.)
    Soul Calibur, Chu-Chu Rocket, Unreal Tournament
    I own a broken kiosk Dreamcast from the Kay-Bee Toys store I worked at back in the day. It's yellowed from left unprotected in a cardboard box, but I'll never get rid of it. Alternatively, my best yard sale find was a boxed complete Dreamcast for $20 along with about ten complete games for $1 each. This was great since I tossed out the box to my original Dreamcast.
    I got a Cheats & Codes disc for a penny that I use to boot my imports. Does that count?
    Not often enough. I can't wait to retrieve my collection from storage once I move.
    Playing Crazy Taxi in my college dorm room in the days before real responsibility and paying bills.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Since the Dreamcast has officially been around for 10 years, I'm giving this a bump.

Some updated answers:

66. The most recent addition is ESPN International Track & Field.

I still only have three controllers.

It's hooked up, but I haven't played it in at least a month. That will change today, as I'm planning to do a Dreamcast marathon.
    Last edited by DigitalSpace; 09-09-2009 at 06:32 PM.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSpace View Post
    Since the Dreamcast has been around for 10 years, I'm giving this a bump.
    I updated my answers in my post as well! I added 54 games to my DC collection this year! Man, what a GREAT year!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

18 real games. A couple of back-ups.

Late-summer 2005.

It had Ikaruga and the fact a setup for playing Ikaruga at home was cheaper than Radiant Silvergun at home it was an easy choice. Plus it was cheap enough for such a good back library of games.

Hmm, I believe it was Street Fighter 3 Double Impact. I cannot be sure if it was SF31 or SF32 but it was one or the other. This was in... 2003 or 2004.

The Typing of the Dead. It's a good choice also since I managed to get a copy sealed. Incidently official keyboards were about $10 so it was a good call.

2 official. One made in Japan, the other China.

What are your favourite DC games?
    I think Ikaruga is a good place to start. I like the variety of shooters on the system and the great selection of driving games. Sega Rally 2 is arguably one of my favourite racing games so that's a good candidate as well. Typing of the Dead gets a nod as does Bangai-O, Daytona USA, Last Blade 2, Resident Evil Code Veronica, and Under Defeat.

I really didn't dig Armada although it could hardly be called bad. Test Drive LeMans I also didn't enjoy too much. It's a tough choice, I'll need to think about this some more.

What are your favourite multiplayer games?
    The racing games are good choices and or fighting games although I wouldn't say I've spent much time in multi-player. Perhaps I'll say the Virtua Tennis games are good versus material.

What's your favourite DC find?
    Good question. It could be Typing of the Dead for $10 new or perhaps snagging a used system with Bust-A-Move 4 for $10 also. Either are worthy.

Bust-A-Move 4 is as close to a free game I've ever gotten so that's it.

Usually once a month on average. It gets good use depending on my time and if I wish to improve in a specific game.

Do you have a favourite memory centered around the DC?
    I'll get back to this one later but I do have a good one.

Strawberry (Level 2) sebastiankirchoff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    NoSleepTillMnhtn
    Steam
    laserdiscfan

October 2007, and my Sega Sports one in May 2009.
    It was only two bucks and I wanted to try it out.
    Resident Evil: Code Verionica
    Same as above.
    Resident Evil: Code Veronica
    NBA 2k1
    Haven't played any
    Sega Sports Edition Dreamcast for 5 bucks
    NBA 2k1 (Only game I got for free)
    Every once in a while
    Not reallly
    500th Post! December ?, 2010

Movies in Theatres I Have Last Seen
    Fair Game: 4/5
    Fighter, The: 4.5/5
    Tamara Drewe: 4/5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
    I added 54 games to my DC collection this year!
    Nice! I've added 41 so far.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

12 USA
    10 JPN

When the Smash Pack bundle was released, it was just too damn cheap to pass up.

The price had been dropping off and I had the spare cash. Also Daytona USA was on the way for the system and it looked superb. There were also plenty of games I missed on the system to play in the few months during the wait.

Flag To Flag CART on a demo kiosk at a game store, may have been a Toys R Us. Still one of my favorite arcade style driving games, especially with how steering control diminishes as speed increases.

Sega Smash Pack Volume 1, of course because it was bundled. I believe Virtua Tennis was the first standalone game I purchased.

1 Standard Controller
    1 Standard Green Controller
    1 Sega Sports Controller
    1 Pop'n Music Controller (JPN)
    Then of course a keyboard, mouse, and a couple fishing controllers

Daytona USA (AKA Daytona USA 2001) is my favorite on the platform. Hundreds of hours were spent playing alone and on the SegaNet. Flag To Flag CART for the above mentioned reasons. Shenmue and Virtua Tennis.

Honestly, Sega Rally Championship 2 - what a tremendous step backward from the previous title. Sure, it's passable but still.

Daytona USA (damn I miss the late nights on SegaNet).

All the cheap Dreamcast systems I used to find at flea markets for family and friends.

Propeller Arena, of course - this should be the same answer for all of us.

A couple times a month at present. A couple years ago it was on for about six or seven hours a day, nearly every day doing emulation testing.

More so about the time when the DC was at its peak and then slowly fading away, I had my all time most satisfying job back then. It was just a really cool time in my life and in the lives of a lot of people I've known. It makes me think of that era more than about the console or games themselves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Hitting the 200 mark, going for a set, loving the system

I got mine in early 2000 when my friend sold it to me with Soul Calibur for $150

Soul Calibur

Soul Calibur

Soul Calibur

I own well over 16 you never know when you need four of a particular color

Power Stone 2, Propeller Arena, Crazy Taxi, and Phantasy Star Online, and Demolotion Racer....I love that one!

Star Wars Demolotion is one retarded game

Good Ol Sega Swirl

Sonic Adventure LE edition complete...for a mere $2

Star Wars Racer

Not often enough, monthly

I really was into the Dreamcast when it was cranking out some serious stuff. I really got into Phantasy Star Online and played well over 400 hours online. It was my first online game, and was happy to have something work with sub par phone line Modem.
    Last edited by swlovinist; 09-09-2009 at 11:09 PM.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

twenty-one games

December 2004

It had some pretty awesome games and all the Dreamcast stuff had reached rock bottom prices

Sonic Adventure at my cousins house in 1999

Phantasy Star Online and Sonic Shuffle, got them at the same time.

Too many

Sonic Adventure 2, Phantasy Star Online

It's a toss up between Soul Fighter and Timestalkers. Ugh.

Sonic Shuffle, Toy Commander

Havnt really made any DC finds.

Have not gotten any free DC games

Not much anymore but I played it a ton between '04 and '07

It blew me away when my cousin got his for Christmas in 1999. Made my N64 look like ass.
    DERP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

38 actual games plus a bunch of burned ones. I buy them when I see them for cheap...

August 2007. I thought about getting one when it came out in 1999, but got an N64 instead because I wanted that more and could get a lot more stuff for the same amount of money. I knew knew relatives who had one, but finally was able to get one myself several years ago.

Because it's a great system of course.

Not sure... probably Sonic Adventure in a demo station though. Seemed good.

When I got the system (which came with a controller, VMU, and official Sega X4 card), I got copies of Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi, NBA Showtime, and NHL 2K for $2 each. For a few dollars more I then got a copy of TimeStalkers at another store before going home with it all. (oh, I do like TimeStalkers. Good game!)

Four, two official ones, an Interact one, and a Mad Catz one with the six face buttons. I also have an official arcade stick.

[I]What are your favorite DC games?

Skies of Arcadia is my favorite game on the system. Other great ones include Ikaruga, Sonic Adventure, San Francisco Rush 2049, Crazy Taxi, Under Defeat, Giga Wing 2, etc... maybe also 4-Wheel Thunder, Capcom vs SNK 2, The Last Blade 2, Daytona 2001, Soul Calibur, SPFIIX, Puyo Puyo Fever, Zombie Revenge, etc... I could keep going, there are plenty more games I like just as much as those there. I always have a lot of trouble narrowing down lists of good games.

Hmm, I don't know, I've avoided most of the bad ones... of what I own though, my least favorite game is Rippin' Riders. For some reason I just hate that game...

Shmups, Rush 2049, and fighting games pretty much, I think... oh, and Dynamite Cop and Zombie Revenge.

Skies of Arcadia for free, pretty much.

My cousins' DC died back in 2002 (DRE'd to death), so when I got my system they said I could have whatever of their games I wanted. They only had about ten, but I got several... Evolution 2, Blue Stinger, Tony Hawk 2, the Web Browser 2.0 disc (with Sega Swirl on it), and my all-time favorite Dreamcast game, Skies of Arcadia. The last is my obvious pick.

Fairly often, but it varies... I have lots of systems. Every few weeks, probably, on average?

Not sure...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

57 legit games, burned copies of Capcom vs SNK 2 and SF2, and Last Hope: Pink Bullets coming in the mail.

At some point in 2000, I think shortly after Marvel vs Capcom 2 came out in the US.

Mainly it was the fighting games. I had just gotten back into the genre in a big way, my friend Brian was selling me his Dreamcast Agetec stick, and I wanted the games. Sega's first party stuff was a good bonus though.

Either King of Fighters 1999 Dream Match or SF Alpha 3, at my friend Brian's on his Japanese console.

Oh geez, hm. I want to say Sonic Adventure.

Two controllers+Modded Agetec stick.

Powerstone 2, Chu Chu Rocket, Mr. Driller, Space Channel 5, Marvel vs Capcom 1 and 2, Capcom vs SNK 1 and 2, KOF Evolution, Border Down, Under Defeat, and Last Hope.

Evil Dead, sadly.

Powerstone 2 by far; Gauntlet Legends, practically any of the 2d fighting games,

I snagged Mars Matrix cheap from an EB back when they were clearing out DC stuff.

Haha, Super Street Fighter 2 X. Love that game, and played it plenty before HD Remix came out.

It comes and goes in spurts. It'll sit there for a few months, then I'll throw down in a fighter or a shooter and play that for a while. Before HD Remix though my friends and I would play it generally twice a month for a night.

Back when it was still active, my friends and I would get together every Friday night for about 2 years to play Dreamcast fighting games. Initially it was stuff like CvS1, Marvel, KOF, and then eventually Powerstone 2 sort of elbowed all of those out until it was all we played.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Insert Coin (Level 0) 123►Genei-Jin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

About 30

02/2000

Nothing really, got it for free (it's a launch japanese DC I got as a gift from a friend)

Soul Calibur

Soul Calibur

2 (the original ones, one of them got the cord chewed by my dog and then repaired and still works)

Project Justice
    PSO
    Power Stone (1 & 2)
    MvC2
    SSF2X for matching service
    Shenmue
    Sword of the Berserker

Not sure

Power Stone (1 & 2)

My Japanese copy of MvC2

Soul Calibur (got it with the system)

Never. I like the ports on newer systems (power stone on PSP, RE: Code Veronica on PS2, MvC2 and ST on PSN/XBL)

nope

EDIT: added Project Justice and PSO to my list of favorites, can't believe I was forgetting those.
    Last edited by 123►Genei-Jin; 09-10-2009 at 01:36 AM.

Level 10 Manly Pink Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pirate OTK
    PSN
    theguywithus

I completely forgot about this.
    Last edited by otoko; 09-10-2009 at 12:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shortly after launch.

It's SEGA.

Mortal Kombat Gold.

Mortal Kombat Gold

Just one.

Soul Calibur
    Mortal Kombat Gold
    NFL2K
    Resident Evil CV
    SEGA Swirl
    Flag to Flag Cart Racing
    Shenmue

WWF Attitude (I still have nightmares about this game.)

N/A

Soul Calibur, received it as a gift.

Not much lately, but that will change.

Being absolutely blown away the first time I played Soul Calibur.
    May 19, 1998
    "Fever gone but itchy. Hungry and eat doggy food. Itchy. Itchy. Scott came. Ugly face so killed him. Tasty."
    ~ Keeper's Diary

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

-How many games do you own for the Dreamcast?
    Just over 150. That number includes doubles of several games.

-When did you get your DC?
    Midnight 9/9/99

-What made you decide to get a DC?

I felt like it was going to be amazing. It was (is).

-What was the first DC game you played?
    Sonic Adventure. I had the chance to have an import system for a week a month or two prior to the US launch.

-What was the first DC game you owned?
    Sonic Adventure, Hydro Thunder, Soul Calibur

-How many controllers do you have?

Just my original four. This reminds me, I need to stock up on some extras.

-What are your favorite DC games?

I'll try to keep this as short as possible. 18 Wheeler, Bangai-O, Cannon Spike, Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio, Mars Matrix, Rez, Sega Bass & Marine Fishing, Shenmue & 2, Skies of Arcadia, Sonic Adventure & 2, Soul Calibur, Space Channel 5, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, and all of the Multiplayer favorites I listed a few lines down.

-What's the worst DC game you've played?
    This is a tough one. I can think of a few terrible games, but nothing that stands out as worse than the rest. I'll think about this one a bit more...

-What are your favorite multiplayer games?
    San Francisco Rush 2049, Virtua Tennis, PSO/v2, Worms Armageddon/World Party, Tetris 4D, Re volt,

-What's your favorite DC find?
    $5 Bangai-O at Circuit City was nice as it was one of the few harder to find titles I wanted that I actually ended up finding as the DC died. I was also happy to pick up a BBA for $80 from a friend last weekend. While not an amazing deal, I had been wanting one and I got to use it to play PSO Online on the DC's birthday.

-What's your favorite game that you got for free?
    Shenmue (Christmas gift)

-How often do you play your DC?
    Every few weeks I'll play it for a few days. This evening I got my DC online for some PSO action. It was my way of paying homage 10 years later.

-Do you have a favorite memory centered around the DC?
    I have many, but I'll just give a quick one:
    Staying up a few hours every night until 1-2AM on school nights playing PSO.
    Last edited by Vectorman0; 09-10-2009 at 01:14 AM.

Strawberry (Level 2) Arcade_Ness's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

11 Original and 4 Imported (Sakura Wars 1-4)

About Two years ago.

I was interested in playing the Power Stone series and Sonic Adventure.

Power Stone.

Power Stone.

Three. Including two regular DC controllers and a DC Arcade Stick. Also have a pink Jump Pack and VMU from one of the Sakura Wars Limited Edition Boxes.

Dynamite Cop!, Project Justice, Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves, Sakura Wars 1-4, Jet Grind Radio, and of course Power Stone.

Vigilante 8 2nd Offense-I just never got used to the controls.

Marvel vs Capcom, Dynamite Cop!

I don't have one, unless a trade in deal counts.

Marvel vs Capcom-It was a birthday present from my mom.

Once or twice a month, depending on how I feel.

Playing Dynamite Cop! with my little nephew, and goofing around in Marvel vs Capcom.
    Last edited by Arcade_Ness; 09-10-2009 at 01:51 AM.

Part of the #vbender crew Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Abstract Zero
    PSN
    Ze_roV
    Steam
    abstractzero

193. That's including imports (19 Japanese, 7 European) and aftermarket homebrew releases (7).

I was considering it for a long time, and then Sega dropped the price to $100. At this point, everyone knew the Dreamcast's days were numbered, but the price was just too good to pass up, so I bought one right away.

The library of games was great, and the $100 price point made it an excellent deal.

Sonic Adventure

I bought Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi the same day I bought the system.

Three regular controllers I think. I also have 2 arcade sticks, 2 keyboards (I was surprised to find there were two different models of keyboard released), a mouse, the MadCatz light gun and a Panther DC, though they don't see much use.

Soul Calibur, Jet Grind Radio, Wild Metal, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Capcom vs. SNK 1 and 2, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Grandia II, Record of Lodoss War, San Francisco Rush 2049, Red Dog, Zero Gunner 2, Rez, Vampire Chronicle, Pro Pinball Trilogy.

I was always really disappointed with Mortal Kombat Gold. Not only was the game pretty weak, but it didn't even support the VMU. I know it was a launch title, but that's absolutely ridiculous.

I never played much multiplayer, but I'd have to say it's a toss-up between Virtua Tennis and Bomberman Online.

I wouldn't really say I've had any great finds. Back in the days, I passed on a bunch of games for relatively cheap that I very much regret (like SF3: 3rd Strike)... though I've since bought them anyways. I got Taxi 2 (European exclusive) for a nice price off eBay, though I don't remember what that price was and it doesn't have a manual.

I've never gotten a free DC game... at least not legitimately... so I'll say Half-Life.

Honestly, not very often any more... maybe once every 2 months or so. I often go weeks without playing ANY games though. I make it a point to buy all the aftermarket releases, for whatever that's worth.

I remember being very impressed with even the earliest of Dreamcast games... Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi, Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive 2... once I had seen those, I'd pretty much come to the conclusion that games really couldn't get much better graphically... or that at the very least, graphics were no longer any barrier preventing programmers from making amazing games. Even these days, I'm impressed with what they were able to do, and while graphics have definitely gotten better, I'm still not convinced it's resulted in better games.

--Zero
    Last edited by Ze_ro; 09-10-2009 at 05:23 PM.