Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Default XBox Live Arcade Disc? / XBox demo question

I was digging through some boxes when I stumbled upon a copy of the Forza Motorsport (XBox) demo disc. It's in a standard XBox case, and it included an XBox Live Arcade disc that says it contains Ms. Pac-Man. I'm curious to know two things:

One, did you get the demo for free or did you get it when you paid for a Forza pre-order? The box says something about pre-ordering the game.

Two, what's up with that XBox Live Arcade disc? I can't find any information on it anywhere. Was it included with other games, or with Live subscription packages? And what's inside that disc? (I don't own an XBox so I can't play it.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You don't own an Xbox? What the "beep" is wrong with you man? J/k. Anyway, although this was a pre-order disc it was pretty much free. Best Buy had stacks of them with a sign that said "free" before Forza came out.

As for the XBLA disc with Ms. Pac-Man, that also was part of the pre-order disc and was tucked inside the Forza case. I've never played that disc so I couldn't tell you whats on it other than Ms. Pac-Man.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ThirteenGreen

It was how you accessed the arcade before the 360 was launched. You could buy arcade games and you used that disk as sort of a boot disk to launch the arcade games.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Agressivadue's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have one that came from the Xbox official magazine (whatever it's called). So yeah, it's got Ms. Pacman and you used it to access XBLA at the time. Before now, I didn't know it was distributed in any other form in the US.

Ms. Pacman was the joke my friend and I would use when it was a bad group on whatever game on XBL (not to put down Ms. Pacman). "Fuck this, I'm going to go play Ms. Pacman!"
    Life is great; Without it, you'd be dead.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    You don't own an Xbox? What the "beep" is wrong with you man? J/k.
    If I could own one, I would. I loved the system when I tried it, I just don't have the space to get one right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Agressivadue View Post
    I have one that came from the Xbox official magazine (whatever it's called). So yeah, it's got Ms. Pacman and you used it to access XBLA at the time. Before now, I didn't know it was distributed in any other form in the US.

Ms. Pacman was the joke my friend and I would use when it was a bad group on whatever game on XBL (not to put down Ms. Pacman). "Fuck this, I'm going to go play Ms. Pacman!"
    Interesting. So it could be considered as an individual release, then... Hm.

Anyway, I asked because I'm considering adding these two items to MobyGames as preorder items (they're allowed) - The demo disc I have says "Presell includes XBox Live Arcade", so I'm assuming this disc set was given out as a preorder bonus item. If it was given away for free, then it can't be added (we don't add demos), but if it was given out after paying the preorder fee, even if it was for one day only, then it CAN be added.

The disc set I have says "Best Buy" on the front. It also has a UPC code on it. Did anyone get this disc when they preordered the game?
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Interesting. So it could be considered as an individual release, then... Hm.

Anyway, I asked because I'm considering adding these two items to MobyGames as preorder items (they're allowed) - The demo disc I have says "Presell includes XBox Live Arcade", so I'm assuming this disc set was given out as a preorder bonus item. If it was given away for free, then it can't be added (we don't add demos), but if it was given out after paying the preorder fee, even if it was for one day only, then it CAN be added.

The disc set I have says "Best Buy" on the front. It also has a UPC code on it. Did anyone get this disc when they preordered the game?

Well places like Best Buy/CC give you those as preorder bonuses when you put down money on that game. These are designed to make you think, Ooh game, only to find out that you're supposed to put down money, and then get that as a bonus for putting down that money. You can just as easily get them for free, since well they are sitting out on shelves, and you can walk them through the registers quite easily. I think their policy of no demos is stupid, if they are accepting some based on the fact it was a gimmie with a pre-order, if money was put down. I might get 'charged' for it in one store (like some GameStops,) and get it for free it others.

I'd not waste your time entering them personally if thats how they treat demos.

I've got that arcade disc in its own cardboard sleeve, and that was either picked up from a store as a giveout, or I got it from MS, or both.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu View Post
    I'd not waste your time entering them personally if thats how they treat demos.
    The reason we don't add demo discs to the site is simple - can you imagine the HUNDREDS of copies of shareware DOOM that we'd have to track down? :P We do however track preorder items - boxes with special codes, or a map, bonus discs, etc. Besides, this isn't going to be a new entry - it's just going to be a scan of the items (front and back cover, and the disc) added to the Forza entry.

I'm discussing what we're going to do with that XBox Live Arcade disc at the site at the moment. Since it's just a boot disc then it shouldn't go in, but since it includes a full game, then it probably should.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

That extra disc was basically the doorway to the original XBLA. It is still up and fuctional btw.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by s1lence View Post
    That extra disc was basically the doorway to the original XBLA. It is still up and fuctional btw.
    But does it include the full version of Ms. Pac-Man, and can it be played -without- having to be online (or be a Live subscriber)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    But does it include the full version of Ms. Pac-Man, and can it be played -without- having to be online (or be a Live subscriber)?

Yes it does
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Excellent. Then it can be added to MobyGames (provided the admins side with me :P).

Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Aieeeeeeeeeeee the spammers are copying me D: