Thread: P'Radikus Conflict-NES-Help, please.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default P'Radikus Conflict-NES-Help, please.

I know only about 17 people on earth have played this game, but I decided to start playing it this last weekend and got to the final level pretty quickly. The only problem is, I have no idea how to pass the last level. The mission orders say to destroy the enemy planet, but I destroyed everything on the planet and nothing happens.

I do recall that some previous levels that called for destruction of a base meant you must take out the four or five gun turrets in the center of the level. Sometimes the game would glitch, as far as I can tell, and the level didn't end. I would have to do it all over. two, or in one case three times. It seemed to me that if I took a bit too long in the level it wouldn't end, but I thought maybe that was just in my head. There didn't seem to be any real rhyme or reason to it.

In the last level there are four such sets of four turrets and a fifth block in the direct middle. But like I said, I destroyed everything in the level and nada. I've destroyed just the five central bases three or four times now and the level doesn't end.

My Drive is at level 6, my PWR/PL at 4 and my shield is at 4. I have no clue if the other two are upgradeable to 6.

Anyway, there is NO info about this game online to help, so I hope someone might have some advice.

Thanks!

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

I'm bumping this for you, but at the same time....there is an end to the game?
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I remember finding that game years ago at a Funcoland. Back then I was obssessed with trying to beat every Nintendo game I bought, and got really into that game before hitting my frustration level.

I may be wrong, but I don't think that game ends. I remember at least one planet where I had no idea what to do after destroying the base.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    I'm bumping this for you, but at the same time....there is an end to the game?
    Well, yeah, if you just do the mission objectives like they tell you, it's pretty darn easy to get to the last mission. The even call it the "final mission" or whatever.

I just have no clue what to do to finish the level. I seriously think there is a glitch in the game where if you don't finish levels fast enough they don't end, but there's no timer and it seems completely random if the glitch happens.

But yes, I do believe this game ends...it just won't. Anybody know any former Color Dreams employees they can ask? I know some folks here used to have some contacts...

-Rob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well, I found the email address for Jon Valesh, who worked on the graphics for the game. Hopefully, he'll write back.

-Rob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

I always liked P'Radikus in the sense that you could explore so much in the universe, it was so exciting. That is why i always play it...just to explore.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well, I really am starting to wonder whether the time limit thing s a glitch or built in on purpose. I dunno, but I did find out something to make killing the last boss a bit faster. The Thundershot weapon you get makes it so you don't have to wait for the turrets to open when you kill them. However, the last engine you get is so fast you can't friggin slow down enough to get a good shot. Your ship can get really out of control. Of course, if you do slow down, the enemies kill you extremely fast. It's extremely difficult to get that happy medium.

-Rob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sabz5150

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    I always liked P'Radikus in the sense that you could explore so much in the universe, it was so exciting. That is why i always play it...just to explore.
    Ever played Starflight?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hi Folks,

I left this game on pause for 5 or 6 days and didn't touch it. I think I was just frustrated and had to walk away. Tonight, I grabbed the controller and beat it on my first life.

I guess for almost a week I was subconsciously thinking of a strategy to finish the level in the shortest amount of time. I don't think I even realized I was thinking about it. When I started tonight, I guess I had it planned out but figured it would take 20 more tries to accomplish.

Without explaining the level topography in too much detail, there's four sets of four turrets, as I mentioned earlier. The middle (fifth) one doesn't matter, as I found out. I just lined myself up with the top two turrets on the top left set and blasted them while moving slowly, but getting the job done quickly enough to kill them, move forward a bit, stop, turn, and fire on the bottom two (with the thunderbolt weapon so you don't have to wait for them to open). Since I was already lined up on the top two, I flew over to the next set of turrets to the right where I was still lined up and did the same thing. Then, I stopped over the rightmost turret to be sure I was lined up for the first one I'd kill on the bottom right set. Once I killed them, I was still lined up and flew to the left to kill the last set. Actually, I did them in backwards order as I explained above, starting with the top left one, but never mind...I ain't retyping, heh.

Basically, it was a matter of getting that first reference point to fly against (being on line with the top two of the top left set) and flying over extinguished turrets to line myself up for the next one. It seems they really were on a timer. I was very lucky not to get bombarded by bad guys while doing this.

Thanks for entertaining my thread about a passable, somewhat fun, but ultimately semi-shitty game!

Spoiler alert: don't read ahead if you don't want to read about the ending, as it truly is spectacular.

Ending: The same game over screen appears where it gives your score and kill count, only a message also is there saying something about how you destroyed the P'radikus fleet and saved the galaxy, The end. Yes, it really gave one sentence and wrote "The End" right after it. Same, font, all non-chalant and stupid. The screen displayed for about as long as the game over screen too and went to the title screen. Super-shitty. Choosing to continue still starts you over with nothing. Well, at least it had an ending.

-Rob