Thread: Sega Saturn consoles

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Sega Saturn consoles

Hello, I have two sega saturn consoles that for some reason do not work. I know one of them the disc doesn't spin and with the second one the disc spins but more slowly than it should and consequently I get a message that says something about the disc format etc. Is this something that can be cheaply and easily repaired and if so how? Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just saw this.

Want an experienced wild ass guess? It sounds like you may have 2 Saturns with varying degrees of dead motor. There is a "disc swap method" that allows a user to play CDR copies of games, but it is VERY hard on the CD motor. If you did not own either of these new, that's a possibility. Another, somewhat related, woul be the "disc lid open" switch could be faulty, and possibly bypassed. It should tell you if it thinks the lid is open though (even if it isn't). Discs won't spin, if it thinks the lid is open.

These are wild ass guesses based on not having seen your Saturns. I fear both of your Saturns suffer the same malady, which means making one working could be difficult.

Good Luck!
    ... for your gaming and iPod service needs http://www.oldschoolgamer.com/ For all your Video Game console and iPod upgrade/repair needs!