Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Halo 3 Campaign Announced--Halo 3: Recon--You don't play as Master Chief

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default New Halo 3 Campaign Announced--Halo 3: Recon--You don't play as Master Chief

It's not often we get new campaign modes via downloadable content(I'm speculating) but Bungie will be delivering just that early next year: http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/...gn-experience/

While it hasn't exactly been made official which form it will take (dlc, disc or both) it's still a nice treat for the 8 million fans who bought this game.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 10-10-2008 at 01:47 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

I'm still waiting for Halo 2 PC. Bungie's not getting any of my money until that gets released. So maybe...never.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by calthaer View Post
    I'm still waiting for Halo 2 PC. Bungie's not getting any of my money until that gets released. So maybe...never.
    That was released some time ago.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by calthaer View Post
    Bungie hasn't been in charge of the PC releases so don't blame them. Besides Halo 2 not only is out, has achievements, but is a Windows Vista required game. I'd gladly replay that game all over again for achievements.... if I had a windows Vista PC.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

Ah, that would be why, when I occasionally search for Windows XP games, I don't find it. Who wants to run Vista? Good to know.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

There are hacks to play it on an XP machine. The problem is that if you play online you could have problems with your live account.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Microsoft Announces Halo 3: Recon---You Don't Play As Master Chief

Well we knew an expansion was coming and here it is: http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/ne...halo-3-recon-/

Since you don't get to play as the Chief, I'm hoping for a playable Spartan from one of the novels like Kurt, Linda or Kelly.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 10-09-2008 at 02:50 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Strawberry (Level 2) JunkTheMagicDragon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    shaftinator84

you play as an ODST (orbital drop shock trooper), so no badass spartan powers. looks like it's going to be a stealthier affair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Sounds cool...BUT...

I guess this makes it official. No more AAA sequels are coming out for the 360 in 2009. No Halo 4, no GTA5, no COD6 (I'm sure we'll have plenty of cookie cutter "garbage" sequels, i.e. 2 Rock Bands, 3 Guitar Hero's). Hmmm. All we're getting is short "expansions" i.e. GTA downloadable content, this new Halo 3 chapter.

With all the talk of insane development costs this generation, I had a feeling this would happen. 1 big AAA title per generation, with tiny "chaptered" downloadable sequels. The days of 3 GTA's, 3 Final Fantasy's, 2 Halo's per generation are over I guess.

I think it's fairly obvious the big studios are turning over most of their manpower for the Xbox 720 (or whatever it ends up being called).
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    1 big AAA title per generation, with tiny "chaptered" downloadable sequels. The days of 3 GTA's, 3 Final Fantasy's, 2 Halo's per generation are over I guess.
    I think I'm fine with this. It means I'll end up playing a wider range of games instead of a bunch of sequels.

The downloaded content aspect still sucks (for me), though, because I still refuse to pay for files.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Merged.... Come on 1 2 P, I know you like posting these news threads all the time, but bump old threads about the same thing when you can, especially when you did the last thread.

There won't be any Spartan playing this time.... besides Spartan Kurt is dead, Kelly and the remaining Spartan 2's and Spartan 3's are in the shield world (Ghosts of Onyx book). I don't remember off the top of my head where Linda is.

Besides playing as a HellJumper ODST will be good enough for me. Squad and stealth action will give Halo a new feel thats for sure.
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

I think next year might be a "lean year" for big budget retail games. Whatever people say, getting full contrent on discs for home consoles is loosing ground.

Ill take what I can get, but have to admit that Halo 3 for me was a big dissapoint.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    I guess this makes it official. No more AAA sequels are coming out for the 360 in 2009.
    Hopefully 2009 will be the year of the Wii.
    "Tell her you want to slide a hot throbbing cartridge in her warm tight console port. And if it starts blinking and flashing to just slide it back out and blow on it a little."--Sothy

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu View Post
    There won't be any Spartan playing this time.... besides Spartan Kurt is dead, Kelly and the remaining Spartan 2's and Spartan 3's are in the shield world (Ghosts of Onyx book). I don't remember off the top of my head where Linda is.
    Linda was in stasis near death and was taken by the doctor who created the spartan project, if i remember correctly. She stole a ship and flew off, neither have turned up since.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingAce View Post
    Linda was in stasis near death and was taken by the doctor who created the spartan project, if i remember correctly. She stole a ship and flew off, neither have turned up since.
    You're right, but thats where Fall Of Reach ended. I just checked the synopsis for Ghosts Of Onyx and Dr. Halsey (The original Spartan 2 creator) and Kelly (the one in stasis) arrived at Onyx and Lord Hood sends 3 of the remaining Spartans to help, Fred-104, Linda-058, and Will-043, who along with Kelly, go into the Dyson Sphere while Kurt blows the Nukes, so that means all of the Spartans known save for MC and the one that was 'warped' to present day and is fighting in DOA4 are all accounted for, or dead.

/end side tangent
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I forgot she showed up in Onyx...

The story i heard, Nylund was kinda pissed about how Halo 2 completely screwed up the storyline from the books he was doing after Halo 1. He decided to end Onyx in a way that even Bungie couldn't screw up the story line. They could decide to use the remaining spartans or not. It wouldn't matter to the universe's plot.

On topic:

ODST: Dear Sarge, having a lovely time kicking ass in outer space - wish you were here!
    Sgt. Johnson: [over intercom] I heard that, Jackass!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

so that means all of the Spartans known save for MC and the one that was 'warped' to present day and is fighting in DOA4 are all accounted for, or dead.
    Actually they called that "missing in action", but they are all still alive. Too bad none of the living ones never showed up in the games though. I suppose we'll have to wait until Halo Kart Racer for that to happen.

And heybtbm--there are AAA sequels coming out in 2009(such as Resident Evil 5) on the 360, but some are multiplatform.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

The whole point of none of the other ones showing up is because you are playing as THE baddest, strongest, luckiest, smartest Spartan of them all. Any of the others, despite their skills, are not Master Chief.

Well time line wise Onyx (which took all of the remaining living ones save for Grey Squad, who are mentioned in Fall of Reach, and get their own book this November, Halo: Cole Protocol) happens somewhere between H2 and H3, since New Mombasa has already been glassed if I'm remembering the finer details of the 3 spartans that go there to help save the day.

They are all marked MIA or WIA only because the front that the UNSC has given the spartans, that they never die. I could quote the lines from Halo: First Strike and list the ONI Directive Number but I think i've already gone far enough down the I'm a Halo dork who's read all the books a few times road.
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

but I think i've already gone far enough down the I'm a Halo dork who's read all the books a few times road.
    I get your point and can strongly relate. The only novel I haven't read is Contact Harvest(it's been sitting on my bookshelf for about 8 months now), but the other 4 I read and completely enjoyed. I was also confused how there were so many living Spartans before Halo 2 started(timeline wise) and yet none of them showed up for that game or the third one.

But like you said, the first game was made without future novels in mind and even after that Bungie still wanted you to play as the toughest Spartan around. For the only practical alternative, I suppose I'll have to play DOA 4.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 10-10-2008 at 01:39 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You know they let me pick? Did I ever tell you that? Choose whichever Spartan I wanted.

You know me. I did my research...watched as you became the soldiers we needed you to be.

Like the others, you were strong, and swift, and brave. A natural leader.

But you had something they didn't. Something no one saw but me.

Can you guess?

...Luck.

...Was I wrong?
    Last edited by ProgrammingAce; 10-10-2008 at 01:27 AM.