Thread: Bung games for Nintendo GameBoy ...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Arrow Bung games for Nintendo GameBoy ...

In the past decade, there was a competition to promote the development of demos and games to be used on the Bung backup devices for the GameBoy. Their even wanted to build game cartridges that could be compatible with the GameBoy. And yes, some of the games were good and cool!

There was a advertisement to not use the "NINTENDO" string on the header of the binary file. This was one of the complains from Nintendo that illegal copies of games were using their registered trademark. This does not have a effect on personal computer simulations, but some people reported that headers without the "NINTENDO" word could not work property on the original hardware.

Since some people have some doubts about the reason to not build cartridges that are Nintendo compatible ...
    Bung Enterprises

Other stuff ...
    Sure, I do not know how this games could work into a Super GameBoy plugged into a SNES. I even wanted to get a GameBoy Color or Advance to play some games . Problems to buy a original SNES and GameBoy prevented the acquisition of the cool stuff! Even if there was a legal distributor of Nintendo parts on Brasil.
    Last edited by Yukio; 09-29-2008 at 01:42 AM.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

While Bung is long gone, there are plenty of flash cartridges for GBA that use SD based memory cards.

You can use excellent regular Gameboy emulators like Goomba on those carts to replicate the experience.

And, with a bit of searching you can probably even find all of those Bung GB Flash Card "contest" entries.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got a GamePark GP32, this game device supported homebrew games and software. Also it used stock SmartMedia Cards and has a picture view ... Large display and good controls.

Palm PDA.
    There are a lot of portable systems that allow the user to produce and develop new contend without getting in trouble with the manufactures. Sure, Palm One got a lawsuit from Xerox ...

Also Nintendo is not anymore on the Brazilian market. Now there are only portable systems from Palm. Sure there are the smart phones from Nokia too ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

I used to have another link to the Bung competition entries but it seem to down. I'm at work now so I don't feel like checking the dark regions of the internet but I'm sure you could still find them somewhere. There also used to be a program that would add the correct header information to a rom file and correct the checksum, which would allow an emulator only game to run on the real hardware. Well...I should say "might". There's still a lot of reasons a game might run on an emulator only.

I'm slightly concerned about the copyrighted header though. There hasn't been a commercial release of a GBC game in quite some time but if I try to sell my game and Nintendo gets whiff of it, will they try to come after me for copyright infrigement?
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sabz5150

www.pdroms.de

There are your titles. I managed to snag this GB accessory called the GameDownloader that is more or less a homebrew cart (with passthru to inject the Nintendo logo) using the GB to upload the ROMs via parallel port. Works perfectly

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default There is a Nintendo official distributor.

Well, to be fair ... There is a official distributor of the Nintendo brand on Brasil.
    It is just very hard to get some consoles into most cities that are not BIG cities ...
    Wii

And some strange things on the Internet!!!