Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Default Xbox and Xbox Live Games Played List

Ok, it is no surprise that I'm an achievement whore and that I live on my xbox 360. Its true at that. I've dealt with all the RR0D bullshit and various other errors but now I have a new error that could effect any 360 fan.

About 3 weeks ago I was told by another gamer that they couldn't load any new games to there gamertag. Meaning any new title would not register as being played, including the achievements for said games. I blew it off as a fluke and moved on. Then one of my friends had it happen with 479 games played on his account. It actually moved the ones he got achievements in to the bottom of his games played list, which is where the older played games are. Any other new titles....no go.

Now your all probably thinking, so what. Well, if you are into gamerscore in anyway shape or form, this will effect you. It also messes with the online leaderboards as it doesn't see that you are actually playing online. I know I'm bitching in a way about an e-penis, but the fact is I like to compare games with my friends, looking at achievements etc etc etc.

It just shows that MS can't even do this part right either and the lack of help I got from Microsoft on this issue is a joke. (they had no idea) I've always been a supporter of the system but this is just about enough.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

479 games played? Wow...that is a lot. I just checked my list and I'm only at 109 games played, and 20-30 of those are XBLA demos (before they stopped appearing as "played games").

Is this only happening with people with crazy numbers (i.e. 479 games played)? I've encountered other strange glitches before. Mainly how sometimes the date that you got an achievement will be shifted forward exactly 1 month. If you check the next day, the date is back to normal. Not really a big deal to me, but strange nonetheless.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Yeah, its only seeming to happen with people pushing 450+ titles. But its not just some single cap limit of 470 or something and it goes off. A few of these guys have lost them and have played multi-region games (Japanese, PAL, US) and a few have lost it and have only played US 360 and Games for Windows with XBL support titles. I'm pretty sure i'll never get that high personally but its not something that should stick around. Hopefully MS gets an answer sooner than later.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The DB is backed up, it wouldn't be impossible to restore a corrupted profile.

That being said, there have been a number of weird bugs with the achievement system over the years, one of my friends has a bunch of xbox1 games stuck in his "played" list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow. I'm probably at 10-15 games. I guess I'm safe. Thank God for Call of Duty 4 and it's tight grip on my playtime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingAce View Post
    The DB is backed up, it wouldn't be impossible to restore a corrupted profile.

That being said, there have been a number of weird bugs with the achievement system over the years, one of my friends has a bunch of xbox1 games stuck in his "played" list.
    Thats what I thought, but thats not what is happening to a couple of my friends.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Regarding the XBox 1 games being on the played game list, this actually started happening after an update where the XBox Originals were introduced. Any backwards compatible XBox game will show up on your profile but nobody else can see it.

An easy fix for this is to recover your gamertag.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by s1lence View Post
    Thats what I thought, but thats not what is happening to a couple of my friends.
    As you're well aware, knocking the concept through MS's customer service reps might not be all that simple. Your best bet is to keep bugging them, and tell then you'll call back in a week for an update on the problem. Keep trying to get higher up the ladder each time.