Thread: Tecmo Super Bowl (NES) w/08-09 Roster?

Insert Coin (Level 0) SurfKahuna's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Tecmo Super Bowl (NES) w/08-09 Roster?

Does anyone have any information on a hacked version of TSB (NES) with the 08-09 season? I would love to get my hands on this if it exists. I have a PowerPak, and I would go nuts playing TSB with current rosters. Anyone?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pants Emulation has bunch of hacked Tecmo Bowl roms but the most current roster is from the 2003-04 season:

http://pantsemulation.com/details-857.htm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

http://www.nesreproductions.com/ sells an 07-08 roster thats the newest one ive seen but i havent seen a rom of it anywhere yet. I just got a powerpak myself thing rocks ive been enjoying all those pirate and proto games that i could never afford. one thing ive noticed though is that the power pak messes up the music speed in super mario 3 which i thought was a little bit odd. plays the overworld music at double pace. is that just me, do i perhaps just have a bad rom?
    For lucky best wash, use Mr. Sparkle.

DP Feedback Thread
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...ight=mrsparkle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not sure if a new one exists yet, but if you can't find answers here, you can't find them anywhere:

http://tecmosb.com/index.htm

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have the 07-08 on cart, really nice

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I can certainly see the interest in owning a version Tecmo Super Bowl with new rosters. I just don't see the point in playing it very often.

To me, one of the key draws of Tecmo Super Bowl today is playing as guys who were in the NFL back when the original game first came out.

Then again, I am one of those who never got into the idea of playing NFL 2K5 with "updated" rosters. A game like that, or any sports game I really enjoy, represents a specific moment in time for me. Thus it requires that I use the original rosters more often than not. It doesn't mean I don't make player trades, create players or stockpile draft picks but all of that happens naturally during Franchise Mode gameplay anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also have been looking for the 08-09 rosters for Tecmo Super Bowl on NES. I am one of those players who updates the rosters on certain games. For instance, I am still playing MVP Baseball 2005 for the Xbox with up-to-date rosters. And I'm currently in the process of updating my NBA Live 2005 rosters. Why do I do this year after year? Because all of these new games they come out with every year suck to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

to me the draw of playing tecmo super bowl is to see those awesome little animations. THEY make that game hands down my favorite nes football game. 10 yard fight gets a close second despite its old school gameplay.
    For lucky best wash, use Mr. Sparkle.

DP Feedback Thread
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...ight=mrsparkle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Clownzilla

Since I'm a KC Chiefs fan I have no interest in the 08-09 roster. Keep it FAR AWAY FROM ME!!!!
    Wherever politics tries to be redemptive, it is promising too much. Where it wishes to do the work of God, it becomes not divine, but demonic.

Pope Benedict XVI

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrSparkle View Post
    to me the draw of playing tecmo super bowl is to see those awesome little animations. THEY make that game hands down my favorite nes football game.
    Actually another key draw in both Tecmo Bowl games for NES is that the star players were clearly better than the scrubs. You figured this out as soon as you took control of Jerry Rice, Bo Jackson, Lawrence Taylor and a a few of the other guys who had "superhuman" abilities. They could do things that the average players in the Tecmo games couldn't. It made things unbalanced at times, in certain two player contests, but it was also indicative of the league at the time when there was a little less parity.

Meanwhile in most of the Madden games, there isn't a significant difference between star players and scrubs, especially in the most recent versions of the game. The closest thing the Madden series had to a "money" player was Michael Vick and that was on account of his scrambling abilities. Otherwise it is nothing for a decent player to put up 200 yard rushing efforts with a second string fullback or 200 yard receiving games with a wide receiver from the bottom of the free agent pool who sits at sixth on your depth chart (regardless of the difficulty level). There is nothing wrong with piling up stats like that, if it is done by the superstars on your roster but it is another thing when the lowest rated, bottom of the barrel players in any given Madden game can "feast" all season in the stat columns.

Quote Originally Posted by Clownzilla View Post
    Since I'm a KC Chiefs fan I have no interest in the 08-09 roster. Keep it FAR AWAY FROM ME!!!!
    I can't imagine a 49'ers, Raiders or Bears fan who would be foaming at the mouth to play an 08-09 version of Tecmo Super Bowl either. Especially when you compare their teams today to the rosters you saw for each of them in the original Tecmo games on NES.
    Last edited by bangtango; 10-03-2008 at 08:19 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) SurfKahuna's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    Not sure if a new one exists yet, but if you can't find answers here, you can't find them anywhere:

http://tecmosb.com/index.htm
    Awesome link. Thanks!