Thread: Console Scams Get More Sophisticated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Console Scams Get More Sophisticated

I know that console scams have been plagueing us since atleast the PS2 days, but some mofos these days are trying to take scamming to the next level: http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/...21-600-xboxes/

I know that some people get bored, but come on man. I mean, damn. Get a life, job and a hobby in that order. That is, after you get released from jail.....dumb ass

EDIT: Theres two stories in this article. This thread is related to the second story.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It is DHL.

This is an honest to god true story:
    One dude I work with was hit by a DHL van. This dude was not in a car or anything, the van just backed up and smashed him into a dumpster, the DHL guy came out and saw he hit a guy, got back in his van, and drove away.

DHL is horrible and I would never expect those bastards to pay for anything (not in a good way, I don't trust them)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    I know that console scams have been plagueing us since atleast the PS2 days, but some mofos these days are trying to take scamming to the next level: http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/...21-600-xboxes/

I know that some people get bored, but come on man. I mean, damn. Get a life, job and a hobby in that order. That is, after you get released from jail.....dumb ass

EDIT: Theres two stories in this article. This thread is related to the second story.
    That guy that changed serial numbers of new consoles to old ones sure is FUCKED UP, hope he stays in Jail for soooooooooooooo long
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eskobar View Post
    That guy that changed serial numbers of new consoles to old ones sure is FUCKED UP, hope he stays in Jail for soooooooooooooo long
    Fucked up is putting it lightly. If he's that good at changing out serial numbers he should go get a real job putting legit serial numbers on their proper products. I hope in his cell they give him a tv that plays only static and a 360 with the 3 red rings of death
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAges View Post
    It is DHL.

This is an honest to god true story:
    One dude I work with was hit by a DHL van. This dude was not in a car or anything, the van just backed up and smashed him into a dumpster, the DHL guy came out and saw he hit a guy, got back in his van, and drove away.

DHL is horrible and I would never expect those bastards to pay for anything (not in a good way, I don't trust them)
    I've never personally dealt with DHL, but I fear even the possibility of having to based on what I've heard. I think Amazon has used them in the past around the holidays when UPS can't keep up, in which cases I've crossed my fingers and hoped for UPS (who have thankfully always carried said packages).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The retail and online outlets lost $182,001 as a result of the scam, the office said
    That's a lot of 360s to buy and return. I wonder over what period of time thjis was? Plus, you figure for every new unit he bought, he had to buy a non-operable one. At $300 a pop, that's 608 units that he bought and returned!

Part of the #vbender crew Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Abstract Zero
    PSN
    Ze_roV
    Steam
    abstractzero

They might be factoring in other things like shipping costs and restocking fees.

--Zero

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Microsoft's latest console was also the center of recent controversy in Colorado, where a man was indicted on Sept. 23 for illegally reselling both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 systems.
    According to the U.S. State Attorney's Office in the District of Colorado, 27-year-old Yewchoo Ng of Boulder purchased the consoles at Target, Amazon.com, Buy.com, Best Buy, Circuit City, Sears and Wal-mart using several credit cards. He took the consoles out of the boxes, removed the serial numbers, put those numbers on older, inoperable consoles, and returned those consoles to the retail outlets, according to the state attorney's office.
    The retail and online outlets lost $182,001 as a result of the scam, the office said. Ng also sold the new consoles online via e-Bay and other auction and shopping sites for his own personal profit.

That's the story that I believe this thread is refering to

It's really messed up though hope he spends lot's of time in jail for it or at least is fined for it.

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars