Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This is the end my friends this is the end to my friends and fellow collectors

Strawberry (Level 2) murdoc rose's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default This is the end my friends this is the end to my friends and fellow collectors

Hello everyone, I'm glade your reading this. Before I ramble on too much I'd like to get to the point. I have started the process of ebaying my life away so to speak.I've started preparing to ebay my entire collection, not just games but everything.. Plan to have everything listed in the next few days. This is hard to write because I have a lot to say. To start when I say everything I do mean everything.Honestly the only thing I'm really thinking of keeping is my ds and that's because its so small and portable. It's depressing and yet reliving to get rid of a love that is almost more of an addicting burden. Things have changed way too much to continue, my life style has changed beyond the capacity of all of it. The past 18 years of my life have been an amazing hunt. I've collected a little of everything video games, toys, cards, comics, books. records and the list goes on. Always tried to get everything related to those too. Everything I've been able to get my hands on. I've had some of this stuff since i was little. Many hours of my life put into the collection. Now I think its time to be free. Everything I expected hasn't happened and if I stay where I am it will only lead to even more negative choices and an increasing runescape addiction. So I have made up my mind to end it here and go to explore and live my life. I have broken almost all the chains including cutting my 6 year long locks that have made me well known among my peers. My last tie to this place is closest to my heart and that is the spoils of the hunt. Some of you know all too well what i mean and others will think I'm crazy. To be honest I feel I'm from both sides there lol. Many of you will also tell me i will regret this decision and in some way I m sure i will.

Some of you are probably wondering why I'm not posting a list in the buying and selling part of the forms. The reason for this is simple, I don't know the prices for anything any more. I also have a lot of non gaming stuff to list too so I feel its best just to put everything up and start it at .99 cents. I hope every one understands that it really is best in my case to do things this way. Besides most of the stuff that stands out in my collection would most likely only be looked at by form users lol.

I have 3 reason for selling besides the life changing events. The first is obviously the money. Something I need more and more even with my somewhat inexpensive way of life. I've never been one to really waste money unless u consider buying video games a waste. The second is I know I can't take it with me and fell it all needs to go into the hands of people that will treat it with the care it deserves. Something it will not get if i leave it here and something I feel it hasn't been getting in a while. The third reason is if I did leave it here I would still have something here and I can't deal with that.

I'm getting tired from being up all night and would like to keep this thread from getting too crazy with sleep deprivation so I will post and let you all discuss then work on it some more. Also yes I am using dp forms as a way of coping because here is one of the few places that this will make any seance. I would also like to add that I plan on staying on the forms some even though i will do very little if any collecting and that I plan on advertising dp as much as I can though the selling of my collection as well as other sites that have added greatly to my knowledge. So ttfn I'll be back on in a little while. Thanks

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well good luck. I hope in the end you make the right decision for you. As far as selling goes there is no shortage of people willing to take a good thing off your hands for the right price. That is the hardest part. I know my xboxs games alot of which I paid a nice penny for now goes for pennies on the dollar. If I ever clean house I would probably do it in increments just so if I want to stop or have a change I can. Good luck.

I am always looking for stuff
    neo geo system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

You gotta do what you gotta do. Can't wait to see what you put up on ebay!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You feel so strongly about it so I doubt anyone here will give you shit about it. We all make hard choices at some point in time, and if it's time to move on then that's what it's time to do.

Good luck on the sales - and with the peace of mind!

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

"Moderation is a key to happiness. "
    -My Dad

Anyways, good luck. If you have Bonk's for NES, I get dibs.

Pretzel (Level 4) Orion Pimpdaddy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I've known a lot of people over the years. There have been many who have gone through the stage you are going through. Each one of them never found what they were looking for, and they ended up "coming back." You can't change who you are, by selling games nor by cutting hair. You ARE who you ARE.

Cancel the auctions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smork View Post
    You feel so strongly about it so I doubt anyone here will give you shit about it. We all make hard choices at some point in time, and if it's time to move on then that's what it's time to do.

Good luck on the sales - and with the peace of mind!
    I don't really expect shit but then again I really don't know what I want to say or what to expect. The feeling is odd but good.

Quote Originally Posted by MachineGex View Post
    "Moderation is a key to happiness. "
    -My Dad

Anyways, good luck. If you have Bonk's for NES, I get dibs.
    lol Bonk's well believe it or not I have over 300 nes games and that's not one on them. I've never actually seen a copy of it in the wild and have lost more than one auction for it. I do have a good selection of nes stuff that will all be listed. Right now I'm stuck waiting on the camera batteries and setting up all this. lol still need to go to bed actually.

So far i've got about 300 pics of stuff um.. the big things i've got pics of right now are a boxed astrocade and a large stack of astrocade games lots of r6s - r8s in there. My apf mp 1000 and 5 games, and a boxed virtual boy and almost a complete set of loose games including jack bros and water world. Oh and loose copies of smurfs save the day and 4a flyers.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Collecting has the ability to overtake you, as we've seen quite often on the boards. Big timers and little timers cashing out and moving on with their lives. There are so many more important things in life than making sure you've got that next game, next comic, next cd ect. Peace of mind and stability should win out every time. Congrats for calling an end to it when you think you need to.

Either way this really doesn't belong in Classic Gaming.

**shimmy to Off Topic**
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do. I hope you find the peace of mind your looking for. Let us know when your auctions are going up and a link to your auction list as I'm sure alot of us here would love to take a crack at what you have to offer. Plus its always nice to know that your cherished items are in the hands of people who will truly appreciate them
    For lucky best wash, use Mr. Sparkle.

DP Feedback Thread
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...ight=mrsparkle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Pimpdaddy View Post
    I've known a lot of people over the years. There have been many who have gone through the stage you are going through. Each one of them never found what they were looking for, and they ended up "coming back." You can't change who you are, by selling games nor by cutting hair. You ARE who you ARE.

Cancel the auctions.
    you may be right but I really do think its the best and yea i'll probably come back one day but it won't be for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu View Post
    Collecting has the ability to overtake you, as we've seen quite often on the boards. Big timers and little timers cashing out and moving on with their lives. There are so many more important things in life than making sure you've got that next game, next comic, next cd ect. Peace of mind and stability should win out every time. Congrats for calling an end to it when you think you need to.

Either way this really doesn't belong in Classic Gaming.

**shimmy to Off Topic**
    Thanks yea your probably right on both subjects

its weird the junk you do collect... so many nba jams at least most of them are all different lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by murdoc rose View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm glade your reading this. Before I ramble on too much I'd like to get to the point. I have started the process of ebaying my life away so to speak.I've started preparing to ebay my entire collection, not just games but everything.. Plan to have everything listed in the next few days. This is hard to write because I have a lot to say. To start when I say everything I do mean everything.Honestly the only thing I'm really thinking of keeping is my ds and that's because its so small and portable. It's depressing and yet reliving to get rid of a love that is almost more of an addicting burden. Things have changed way too much to continue, my life style has changed beyond the capacity of all of it. The past 18 years of my life have been an amazing hunt. I've collected a little of everything video games, toys, cards, comics, books. records and the list goes on. Always tried to get everything related to those too. Everything I've been able to get my hands on. I've had some of this stuff since i was little. Many hours of my life put into the collection. Now I think its time to be free. Everything I expected hasn't happened and if I stay where I am it will only lead to even more negative choices and an increasing runescape addiction. So I have made up my mind to end it here and go to explore and live my life. I have broken almost all the chains including cutting my 6 year long locks that have made me well known among my peers. My last tie to this place is closest to my heart and that is the spoils of the hunt. Some of you know all too well what i mean and others will think I'm crazy. To be honest I feel I'm from both sides there lol. Many of you will also tell me i will regret this decision and in some way I m sure i will.

Some of you are probably wondering why I'm not posting a list in the buying and selling part of the forms. The reason for this is simple, I don't know the prices for anything any more. I also have a lot of non gaming stuff to list too so I feel its best just to put everything up and start it at .99 cents. I hope every one understands that it really is best in my case to do things this way. Besides most of the stuff that stands out in my collection would most likely only be looked at by form users lol.

I have 3 reason for selling besides the life changing events. The first is obviously the money. Something I need more and more even with my somewhat inexpensive way of life. I've never been one to really waste money unless u consider buying video games a waste. The second is I know I can't take it with me and fell it all needs to go into the hands of people that will treat it with the care it deserves. Something it will not get if i leave it here and something I feel it hasn't been getting in a while. The third reason is if I did leave it here I would still have something here and I can't deal with that.

I'm getting tired from being up all night and would like to keep this thread from getting too crazy with sleep deprivation so I will post and let you all discuss then work on it some more. Also yes I am using dp forms as a way of coping because here is one of the few places that this will make any seance. I would also like to add that I plan on staying on the forms some even though i will do very little if any collecting and that I plan on advertising dp as much as I can though the selling of my collection as well as other sites that have added greatly to my knowledge. So ttfn I'll be back on in a little while. Thanks
    Quoted just because this is the type of post that posters tend to change their mind about later and delete. So here it is, for eternity.

Good luck with your sales. Some people can live without "stuff". I can't, and can't wait to buy some of yours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by murdoc rose View Post
    lol Bonk's well believe it or not I have over 300 nes games and that's not one on them. I've never actually seen a copy of it in the wild and have lost more than one auction for it.
    I've had over 1000 NES games and I'm in the same boat, I can never get this freaking game. It's actually the last game that I need before I feel like my NES collection is good enough.

Good luck man, I hope your sales go well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrSparkle View Post
    A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do. I hope you find the peace of mind your looking for. Let us know when your auctions are going up and a link to your auction list as I'm sure alot of us here would love to take a crack at what you have to offer. Plus its always nice to know that your cherished items are in the hands of people who will truly appreciate them
    yes it is I'll make a post tonight when I start getting things on.

Quote Originally Posted by Flack View Post
    Quoted just because this is the type of post that posters tend to change their mind about later and delete. So here it is, for eternity.

Good luck with your sales. Some people can live without "stuff". I can't, and can't wait to buy some of yours.
    lol well i'm too far in to turn back now. I am that way too but if this wasn't that important I wouldn't even consider it. I am glad to know that my collection will go into hands like yours. Its the largest collection i've ever seen in person but I consider it very small.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

just out of interest, what systems do you collect for, whats your game count (estimate)?
    For lucky best wash, use Mr. Sparkle.

DP Feedback Thread
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...ight=mrsparkle

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good luck with your soul-searching, and I hope you find what you're looking for!

I've recently sold a good chunk of everything I own, and it's been very liberating. I feel much better, and like I don't have a lot of stuff weighing me down. The only things I kept were my absolute favorites, like mint and complete copies of Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy III, and Earthbound.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrSparkle View Post
    just out of interest, what systems do you collect for, whats your game count (estimate)?
    I plan on posting a more detailed list later on before i put everything up but I collect for pretty much any system but am truly an 8 bit collector. Am a big fan of weird and rarer games but have done most of my hunting in the wild picking up anything if i could get it cheap. I have most of the major systems and games for almost all of systems. The past year or so I have focused on more obscure stuff like the apf, astrocade, and odyssey. The system I have collected all my life is the nes and I have a decent selection of over 300 carts a while back I roughly counted over 700 cart games so my total count would be maybe 800 or 900 but not sure. It's not a huge collection imo but bigger than most.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Pimpdaddy View Post

Cancel the auctions.
    I wouldn't go so far as to say that I could predict Mr. Rose's future with such accuracy, but certainly it does not seem unreasonable to say that this single action, monumental as it may be, will magically fix everything.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Best wishes and I hope this choice brings you much happiness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wow this is taking forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sorry for double posting but am uploading the first batch of around 230 items my ebay name is tool*shed* check them out
    Last edited by murdoc rose; 10-16-2008 at 08:13 AM.