Thread: WTB - WTBWith Quad case for CD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default WTB - WTBWith Quad case for CD

Alright, you know those big CD Case that can hold 4 CD and that several games came with (FF7, 8 and FF9 comes to mind)? I have some of them damaged and I'm looking to replace those cases.

Now, I found what looks like to maybe be the same model of case that were used with the actual games. I found it both on ebay and online store. It appears to be roughly 25$ for 50 cases.

Now I have two problems:

- I must purchase a minimum of 25 of those units (I want for myself 20 cases MAXIMUM, preferrably more like 10-15), so even with only 25 I will have too many for my needs.

- The shipping to Canada is extremly costy. Pretty much 40$+ USD for the shipping of a box of 50. So.. wow. In comparison, for 50 cases, the shipping to US is 16$.

Keep in mind that I already checked the various stores in a 100km radius and cannot find any of them selling that exact good looking type of cases so that's not really a solution, even worse I didn't find an online store based in Canada selling those cases. Now, I do want the cases, but do not want to pay the insane shipping. So I'm looking at those two possible solutions:

- Maybe there is someone on this forum who already own similar looking cases that could sell them to me. That would be great, I would like to purchase 10-15, shipping shouldn't be an overkill for that amount of cases.

- Or Maybe there is one/many US resident also interested in buying those cases, and we could share the costs, since shipping to US resident is MUCH MUCH more affordable, and then he could ship some to me.

So that's pretty much it, send me a PM if you are interested.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default bump

Bump

I would pay slightly more than my fair share.

Strawberry (Level 2) mario2butts's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Helpful hint: the only part of these 4-disc cases that is not easily replaced is the big black center divider, the front and back can be easily swapped out with the rear trays of standard single- disc jewel cases. Unless it's the black divider itself which is damaged, it's probably easier to get some standard cases (if you don't have any on hand) to replace the front/back of your 4-disc cases.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Very interesting

Thank you for the tip, that should help me fix some of my broken cases

But some of them also have the middle tray broken, or the transparent casing, so I'm still looking for one/a few people to buy a bunch of cases with. Send me a PM if you would be interested.

Strawberry (Level 2) mario2butts's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The transparent front and back of a 4-disc case is the same as the transparent back of a single-disc case, again the only piece found only in 4-disc cases is the big black center. Best of luck with your search.