Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 3 OUT NOW!!! (Official Thread)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Tempest 2084
    PSN
    Tempest 2084

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    I played about an hour so far. I'm already finding it hard to choose anything but the "nice" or "kind" responses. I even screwed up my G.O.A.T. giving the sensible answers (thankfully you can correct it manually after it's done). Oh well, I guess I'm never going to get the "bad karma" achievements. Citizens of Megaton, fear not. I'm just too nice.
    I could never play the Fallout games as a mean person, I was always the 'Savior of the Wastes'. I doubt it'll be any different in this version.

Oddly enough my brother did go through Fallout 2 once killing EVERYTHING he could (people, mutants, livestock). It was fun for awhile, but then there was no one left to talk to.

I picked it up for the 360 today, but I won't get around to it until after I finish Tales of Vesperia and Eternal Sonata.

Tempest
    --- www.AtariProtos.com ---
    All Your Prototypes Are Belong To Us!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just disarmed the bomb in Megaton. Popped some Mentats and it was easy.
    [spoiler]When you disarm it they give you a house with a hilarious robot that tells you jokes. It is also really handy to store crap in.[/spoiler]

I've also been doing some quests for Moira, the owner of the general store in town. She's nuts and asks you to do some crazy things but it is definitely worth it. You get one funny perk from one of the quests and lots of useful items. Basically I've been helping everyone in Megaton and leveling up to get ready for DC itself.

I've heard that Harold the ghoul has returned in this one and hope that I can find him. I actually have only played Fallout, not the second. So far though, Fallout 3 has been very fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

So I'm about 2 hours in and I have some advice for people just starting up the game...SAVE and SAVE OFTEN!

I realize this is common sense to most people, but it amazes me how little decisions completely change your character even at this early stage of the game. Without spoiling anything, I'll just say you would be surprised how easy it is to accidentally kill someone. People that you don't want to die. I had 3 of those scenarios play out last night. I had to start from an earlier save each time. The Overseer's head comes off too damn easy...oops. Restart.

Anyway, the game looks stunning once you leave the vault. And that's only after experiencing 2% of the world.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I played for a while last night and I'm at a level 3 already and I'm definately loving this game. I've pretty much stuck around Megaton trying to figure everything out as well. I've already died a couple time just going to the wrong places and just not healing quick enough. There characters all seem to be pretty insane in thier own little ways, some nicer than others. I messed up on the overseer in the begginging of the game too but I never restarted or anything, I'm just continuing on the old dusty trail. I really like the V.A.T.S. system too, it makes the battles more fun. I've been kind of going slow in the game so I don't have much more impressions so far, but I like the game overall.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I played for about 5 hours last night! I also love the game. I find myself using VATS alot...which I thought would get annoying or ruin the gameplay, but it doesn't. So far I have saved Megaton but in the process killed the sheriff ...not a big deal since his kid gave me the rewards

I also did the Super Duper Mart and and bunch of other sidequests (I'm tracking down the "Family" now).

Game definitely lived up to the hype and I wish I was at home playing it now instead of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpman
    I've heard that Harold the ghoul has returned in this one and hope that I can find him.
    I believe I found him (I always get names messed up)...he's not too far from Megaton.

Strawberry (Level 2) misfits859's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is anyone using the guide? I always found the Morrowwind and Oblivion guides invaluable (almost necessary for Morrowwind).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This may sounds pretty lame but I am new to this series. I have just disarmed the bomb in the middle of the cruddy looking town(sorry I dont remember names of things well). But I then went into the saloon looking for my father and the bartender(the corpse looking guy) told me to talk to somone (I also forgot his name) to get more info on where he is. Do I need to pay attention to finding my "father" or should I just start doing little quests in this town? Sorry im very new to this series and dont understand it that well although I can say it is very good so far. If anyone knows where I can find this guy that would be great.

*EDIT* The name just popped up in my head. Im trying to find "Moriarty" to help lead me to my "father"
    Last edited by RyanMurf; 10-29-2008 at 11:04 AM.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RyanMurf View Post
    This may sounds pretty lame but I am new to this series. I have just disarmed the bomb in the middle of the cruddy looking town(sorry I dont remember names of things well). But I then went into the saloon looking for my father and the bartender(the corpse looking guy) told me to talk to somone (I also forgot his name) to get more info on where he is. Do I need to pay attention to finding my "father" or should I just start doing little quests in this town? Sorry im very new to this series and dont understand it that well although I can say it is very good so far. If anyone knows where I can find this guy that would be great.

*EDIT* The name just popped up in my head. Im trying to find "Moriarty" to help lead me to my "father"
    durring the day, Moriarty is usually on the balcony outside the saloon. Also don't feel bad, I've never played the old fallout games either.

Strawberry (Level 2) Arcade_Ness's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lots of fun and hard to put down is what I think about it. I really like all the options in conversations that you have, ie you can be a real jerk I'm planning to blow up Megaton 'cause I'm feeling evil. The ladykiller perk was useful in getting into Moriarty's terminal.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmmm...

The Overseer deserves whatever he gets. I really ticked off his daughter...she still helped me out though.

Enjoyable so far. Oblivion like enough that I might complete it evem. I hope that level cap isn't as bad as it sounds. There will certainly be additional content if Bethesdas history counts for abything...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm already to level 6 and finally ventured into DC. DC is really tough - you run into minigun toting super mutants very quickly. I got to the radio station, and it's pretty cool there. I think I'm going to take a break from the main quest and try to find the other cities first. I might go to Rivet City next.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

How long of beards can your character have?
    "Tell her you want to slide a hot throbbing cartridge in her warm tight console port. And if it starts blinking and flashing to just slide it back out and blow on it a little."--Sothy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drexel923 View Post
    I played for about 5 hours last night! I also love the game. I find myself using VATS alot...which I thought would get annoying or ruin the gameplay, but it doesn't. So far I have saved Megaton but in the process killed the sheriff ...not a big deal since his kid gave me the rewards

I also did the Super Duper Mart and and bunch of other sidequests (I'm tracking down the "Family" now).

Game definitely lived up to the hype and I wish I was at home playing it now instead of work.

I believe I found him (I always get names messed up)...he's not too far from Megaton.
    That is pretty much how my situation went down Drexel. I thought I had the double cross on, oops. lets just say you will be "hunted" for your actions.

I played for ten hours straight last night and I have yet to finish up the first city. I can tell this is gonna pretty much consume my life.

I also thought the VATS system would get long in the tooth pretty damn quick. Not the case though. It is actually fun to target the different parts of the body and try and take someone out and or cripple them.

The ghoul bartender in Megaton, I believe his name is Gabo?, is my favorite character so far. Also, has anyone ran into any scavengers or people wandering about the wastelands?

I keep picking up all the garbage lying around like forks, plates, cups, cans, etc. and selling/trading them to people. I can't count how many times I have been to heavy and had to drop a few toilet plungers, lol.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    geneshifter

Quote Originally Posted by misfits859 View Post
    Is anyone using the guide? I always found the Morrowwind and Oblivion guides invaluable (almost necessary for Morrowwind).
    I'm not using it until I play through the game for a while but I picked up the collector's edition strategy guide. It's hardcover like the Zelda:TP one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I might get the guide later but I want to beat the game first without it. Has anyone completed the "Family" quests? Those are pretty cool - I'm friends with a bunch of nutjobs now. Now I'm trying to find Dogmeat. Gob is a really cool character and is also hilarious. The only thing I'm worried about is that I'm level 7 after only 8 hours of gameplay. Does this mean that I will reach the level cap well before I've beaten the game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

I picked this up last night and I swore to myself that I won't start playing until I finish Dead Space, so now I'm currently trying to rush through Dead Space so I can get some Fallout lovin'.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by chicnstu View Post
    How long of beards can your character have?
    Quote Originally Posted by chicnstu View Post
    I also was disappointed that I couldn't put a beard on my character in ESIV. All I could make was some blue fuzz.
    You sure love your beards, don't you?

Seriously though...the beard options in Fallout 3 are impressive. I spent more time messing with the different facial hair looks than I did the entire rest of my character.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    You sure love your beards, don't you?

Seriously though...the beard options in Fallout 3 are impressive. I spent more time messing with the different facial hair looks than I did the entire rest of my character.
    lol, yeah. I think it's an important feature to have when customizing a character. I loved my long white beard on my old man in Fable.
    "Tell her you want to slide a hot throbbing cartridge in her warm tight console port. And if it starts blinking and flashing to just slide it back out and blow on it a little."--Sothy

Strawberry (Level 2) misfits859's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by geneshifter View Post
    I'm not using it until I play through the game for a while but I picked up the collector's edition strategy guide. It's hardcover like the Zelda:TP one
    I saw the hardcover guide at Gamestop tonite. Is there any bonus features with the HC edition? I didn't appear to offer any features beyond the regular guide just on glancing at it.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    geneshifter

Quote Originally Posted by misfits859 View Post
    I saw the hardcover guide at Gamestop tonite. Is there any bonus features with the HC edition? I didn't appear to offer any features beyond the regular guide just on glancing at it.
    Not sure what the regular guide has in it but this one comes with a big map of all zones and also a map of the DC metro system. I'm also not using it until I finish 1 playthrough.