Thread: Has Mega Man 9 Made you Better at the older NES Games?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Has Mega Man 9 Made you Better at the older NES Games?

I can't tell.....I actually went back to Mega Man 3 and died in places I never died before.

HOWEVER I do find myself getting alittle farther in Protoman's castle in 5.

SO......yeah I dunno

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It varies, there were always Mega Man stages that were harder than others, usually boiled down to having the right guns equipped, yet some of the platforming was very tough regardless.

I think I know where you are going with this and i'll just skip a few steps and say it's nice to play these new editions/evolutions to old school games for sure, reminds one how much reflexes and hand eye coordination has changed and matters. Bionic Commando is the staple child imo and shows how evolution can be perfected and improved upon, just like the original yet more challenging and just more of everything while not changing the formula.

I've said this many times about how most brand new next gen games need to be set to higher difficulties to compete on the same level, but it all varies. They rely more on storytelling which is great, but a challenge is always needed as well imo.

I think it's always a good idea to have your senses tested constantly in games and if you're just sitting there with a "duuuurr" or "duuuh" on yer face then you are doing something wrong, lol. Though some games are so large these days it's hard to keep those moments tight and wound together, lots more walking in games these days and less action on a whole.

Videogames are supposed to be a challenge afterall.....though some are ridiculous and just plain out frustrating/impossible but that's another subject entirely, aka crap games.
    Last edited by BHvrd; 10-19-2008 at 12:21 AM.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I honestly don't think Mega Man 9 would make me better at earlier Mega Man games than I already am.

Here's a video I recently uploaded on Youtube of Mega Man 3. I uploaded four videos of me playing through all eight robot masters without using any specials other than Rush. Not going to do the dark robot masters due to the fact that the dark robot master version of Air Man is impossible without Spark Shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJT94JO883E Snake and Gemini.

-andrew- -kupomogli-
    Last edited by kupomogli; 10-19-2008 at 01:08 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You know I LOVE Mega man 9 for the same reason I hate Rockman and Forte.

Mega Man 9 isn't hard so much as it's challenging. I Still have problems beating the flower mini boss in Hornet man's stage without dying. I can't get through Jewel Man's stage without the shock absorbers also I need the Hornet chaser to beat that bolder mini boss.

That said I blasted through the first 8 bosses in Mega man 3 and I blazed through the first 2 stages of Wily's castle in 2 HOWEVER I dunno if the 360 pad isn't sensitive enough or what but I keep dying in that spike drop in stage 3.

Also Endless mode has that same sequence and I have no problem getting through it. Endless mode recreates alot of MM stages it's a good Mega man Skills 101 stage.

So yeah I think 9 has made me a little better.

Is it just me though or does 9 have less enemies on screen at once than past games?

Insert Coin (Level 0) Letiumtide's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Letiumtide

I'm still surprised at the people who have difficulty with Megaman 9, I found it difficult for the first little while but now I can breeze through every stage without a problem and I haven't even been playing obsessively, just casually. Maybe it's just me?

Either way I still love it, I want more classic games to show up. Though I'll always be saddened by the loss of a physical copy, please please please let my Press Kit come through.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah 9 isn't any worse than 1 or 5 and ALOT easier than Rockman and Forte/7