Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pirate OTK
    PSN
    theguywithus

Default Sharp NES 19SV111 TV combo

I found this television this summer at goodwill. Since I've been slowly cleaning it, but as anyone who has worked with one of these know. They are a b*tch to service.

Here's pics of it:

It has nice picture quality:

Well being of my usual bored and somewhat curious self, I went searching for information on this one.

Here's all I've been able to dig up:

no.1 http://nes.wikia.com/wiki/Television_With_Built-In_NES
    no.2 http://www.digitpress.com/DP/cmf/game.cmf?gameid=3779

Well, the digitpress answer is nothing special. I'm sure one of us forum goers has seen it at least once while sleuthing here.

Anyway, my real interest and question comes from link no.1 and quote.

Quote Originally Posted by NES Wiki
    "The SHARP 19SV111 it the first television with built-in NES. It is an officially Nintendo television that also includes all the capabilities of the original system itself, including the 'Power' and 'Reset' buttons, two controller jacks and a Game Pak port. This system was used as a display model in stores and motels and is extremely rare because it was not for sale to the public. An estimated 200 units were made, but it is unknown how many still exist because many were thrown away once the Nintendo Entertaiment System was outdated."
    The things that particularly stood out to me I will highlight in the paragraph below.

Quote Originally Posted by NES Wiki
    "The SHARP 19SV111 it the first television with built-in NES. It is an officially Nintendo television that also includes all the capabilities of the original system itself, including the 'Power' and 'Reset' buttons, two controller jacks and a Game Pak port. This system was used as a display model in stores and motels and is extremely rare because it was not for sale to the public. An estimated 200 units were made, but it is unknown how many still exist because many were thrown away once the Nintendo Entertaiment System was outdated."
    Well, what's this got to do with mine? I was at first convinced that my unit was the 19SC111. Still, my crazy brain poked me into checking my television's model number.

Here's what I found out about mine:

It is a 19SV111.

So this makes me wonder, Is my particular unit worth more than the 19SC111? It might be missing it's front flap panels, but the NES part works although needs some cleaning. It also has all four feet in undisturbed condition. Infact, that's the only reason I recognized it at goodwill as I was quickly glancing over the junk they had there.

Well, I guess it's more of a long and somewhat half asleep plea of "can you give me more information". I'm not too interested in selling it, but if someone can shine a light on if this might be more worth than the unit that was sold in stores (almost identical) or information about it, I'd appreciate it.

Jeeze, I'm starting to go in circles... I should go to bed.

Strawberry (Level 2) murdoc rose's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There was a thread about the normal one on here last month that I'm starting to search for. Over all even though i've never seen this model I would say yes it is worth more but same draw backs as the normal one when selling. Over all a very nice find, Do you have the controllers for it?

Level 10 Manly Pink Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pirate OTK
    PSN
    theguywithus

Nope. I hope to find those eventually.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

YOu have some things working in your favor like the fact that the feet are still attached, but your missing the front lid and the controllers, maybe the remote as well. The remote has been the hardest for me to find, mine came with the controllers and you see those for sale often enough (usually about $50 for a pair). I don't know if this would command a higher price than the other model unless you get some crazy variant collector, just my 2 cents.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pirate OTK
    PSN
    theguywithus

Quote Originally Posted by mrmark0673 View Post
    YOu have some things working in your favor like the fact that the feet are still attached, but your missing the front lid and the controllers, maybe the remote as well. The remote has been the hardest for me to find, mine came with the controllers and you see those for sale often enough (usually about $50 for a pair). I don't know if this would command a higher price than the other model unless you get some crazy variant collector, just my 2 cents.
    Yea. What I figured also... I am just interested in more information on the television. So far I've seen a lot of information about these two.. and nothing specific.

Like, I can't verify that this thing actually had a remote... but I've gotten small hints at it.

I think I found someone with a copy of it's manual.. I'm thinking on purchasing the scan copy of it.

At least it should give me some idea what to look for.
    Last edited by otoko; 10-20-2008 at 01:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pirate OTK
    PSN
    theguywithus

slight bump.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pirate OTK
    PSN
    theguywithus

Nobody has information on these things?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://assembler.roarvgm.com/Sharp_N...elevision.html

19sv11 model and some info. There is one for sale locally on CL. Dude wants 500 obo though. I'd love to have one, but, I would not love to pay that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pirate OTK
    PSN
    theguywithus

Yea.. I've already seen that site many times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yea...Well my point is that although they are referred to as sC111, I have never seen one that has a model number of sC111.

Even the NES Wikia link that shows a picture of an sC111 is actually a picture of an sV111. Seeing as how it is a picture from the site I linked to. Which clearly shows the back and a model number of sV111.

Also, the sV111 picture they have up on NES Wikia is of one with the feet cut off and the front covers missing. I would say that's not so much a new model number as the result of an idiot + hand saw.
    Last edited by spoon; 10-27-2008 at 03:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pirate OTK
    PSN
    theguywithus

Quote Originally Posted by spoon View Post
    Also, the "Sleaker design" picture they have up on NES Wikia is of one with the feet cut off and the front cover missing. I would say that's not so much a new model number as the result of an idiot + hand saw.
    NO argument here. If there is no two models I wouldn't really care. I just would like to know more information on these tvs. I'm trying to restore mine currently. Yet I just got the service manual so.. I should be good I hope...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, Funny thing is I notice all over the net that they are listed with both model numbers. All the pictures and models I have personally looked at are of the sV variety. If there is an sC model, I would guess it is rare as hell? Maybe that was the display model?

Hopefully the manual will shed some light on that?

Also, I have never seen a remote for one, but have heard they were sold with one. Unless the remote is a special model number or has special features for the NES, it should be able to be replaced with other remotes of the era by Sharp. More than likely, they used the same remote on another tv. Also, does it have a sensor for the remote on the front of the TV? I think it does, but, I don't remember.

Funny thing is, I have never talked with anyone that purchased one new or that still has the box and packaging? Dunno if I have ever seen a pic of that either. You could try and contact sharp also.
    Last edited by spoon; 10-27-2008 at 10:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pirate OTK
    PSN
    theguywithus

Should. This manual has everything from disassembling to details of the accessories.

The remote looks very standard.