Thread: King's Bounty The Legend - Fantastic...

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default King's Bounty The Legend - Fantastic...

So no one has mentioned this game. I have been waiting for a post but it seems to be getting missed. I never played the original but I have played some of Heroes of Might and Magic, and as popular as that is I thought some of you might jump at this $39.99 title.

This game is absolutely fantastic, if a bit old school. It uses high resolution graphics which are impeccable. The gameplay resembles Heroes of Might and Magic , espeacially 5. This is all about the gameplay.

The story is translated (from Russian or German) and it shows, but just a little. Much of the story is basic, fetch quests, save the princess stuff, but the game plays excellently. Character developement options abound. The combat gets increasingly complex as the game progresses and you gain abilities. You can choose your own path to a certain degree; not as linear as many modern games.

The fault most express over the game is that it uses text in place of speech and video to tell the story, which is why I call it a bit old school. It does not bother me so much but reviews I have read seem to suggest I'm the only one.

I just want any Heores of M&M fans, or similar should jump on this game really it should not be missed...

It is quite lengthy as well. Worth every penny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Sounds cool, gonna check it out. HMM rocks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    walrusmonger
    PSN
    walrusmonger

I picked it up a few weeks ago, it is pretty cool but a little on the hard side

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

I got this on sale via Steam...not sure when. I think it was in one of those big bonus packs. This is really a great game, especially if you like turn-based strategy games. The artwork, the dialogue & story, and especially the music are all top-notch. The whole sub-stories involving the Spirits of Rage was one of the more engaging game-stories I've experienced in a little while.

The music found its way onto my iPod quite quickly; it's incredibly catchy. I didn't think the game was all that hard, although I suppose this depends upon what character class you choose - I read that some are more difficult than others. Regardless, I agree with Trebuken - this game is totally worth getting, especially that it and its expansion pack and Armored Princess are all available on Steam for the same price or less as of the time of this posting.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?