Page 53 of 171 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 3417

Thread: Craigslist people, are they serious?!??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another Annoyance: If someone relists an ad but changes the some of their items to sold instead of the price, wouldn't be easier to delete it off the list? I hate to read through an ad, find something I want then see the SOLD next to it.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by coreys429 View Post
    Another Annoyance: If someone relists an ad but changes the some of their items to sold instead of the price, wouldn't be easier to delete it off the list? I hate to read through an ad, find something I want then see the SOLD next to it.
    I do that all the time for two reasons: 1) If there's a pic attached w/ the ad, I don't want to take a new pic just b/c someone bought a game or two; 2) I want people to see that I'm selling games at the price I have listed so they don't think they can send me dumb emails about how the game is only worth $1 or whatever, and so if someone wants a game but isn't sure about it will see that I"m selling stuff and will think "damn, I guess I better get off my ass and go get that game or someone else will snatch it up!"
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another one that kinda needs the pic to be truly humorous: http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/ele/1202493289.html

classic games - $60 (auburn)
    Reply to: ----
    Date: 2009-06-02, 6:24PM PDT

im saling some snes games that i dont need any more i havent played them in a long time but there still in good condition some of the games are zoop,zelda a link to the past,nba jam,basball and the other two idk what they are i think 1 might be jurassic park and the other one im not sure...... im asking 70 obo for text only at ----

Here's another funny one: http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/tag/1202701475.html It's CHEAP yet he says he'll respond to "higher offers"? Like, from God?

Chorono Cross for Playstation for cheap!!! (Redmond)
    Reply to: ----
    Date: 2009-06-02, 9:12PM PDT

I have a copy of Chrono Cross for the playstation, still with case great condition and no scratches. Respond to higher offers.
    Last edited by mobiusclimber; 06-02-2009 at 11:36 PM.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/ele/1203483007.html

What a shame he had to ruin this perfectly good Donkey Kong cab. Plus his price sucks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Searching for the craigslist today this is what I found so far:
    nintendo virtual boy like new - $300 (swpdx)
    http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ele/1203526595.html
    Hardly played Nintendo Virtual boy lost the battery pack! Still have original 1997 box! My loss is your gain! Call 4 any questions 503 380 7077
    Have game unit, stand, controller, mario tennis game, and original box!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    PS3 Must sell need money now for rent - $450
    http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ele/1203606176.html
    Playstation 3 40GB (box and all original wires included)
    1 six-axis controller
    Resistance 2, Assasins Creed, Grand Theft Auto 4, Uncharted, Sonic Unleashed
    Only serious inquiries, NO TRADES! CASH ONLY Thanks
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    Play station 2 - Play Station 2 games - $250 (Woodburn)
    Play station 2 slimline with control and all plug ins. memorie chip and 25 games..

Please call, 503-799-7093 Trevor

PlayStation 1 Games

1.Tobal NO.1
    2.Top Gun
    3.The Game of Life
    4.Jampack Vol.2
    5.Rage Racer
    6.Jumping flash
    7.Ray Tracers
    8.Armored Core
    9.Blast Chamber
    10.Triple Play 97
    11.Bust-A-Move 2

PlayStation 2 Games

1.Need For Speed (Hot Pursuit 2)
    2.MX vs. ATV Unleashed
    3.Gran Turismo 3
    4.Tetris Worlds
    5.Ski-Doo Snow X Racing
    6.Pac Man World 2
    7.Pac Man World 3
    8.SSX 3 (Snowboarding)
    9.Splash Down Rides Gone Wild
    10.Wallace & Gromit in Project Zoo
    11.Jeopardy
    12.Pinball Hall of Fame
    13.Disney Pixar Cars
    14.Wheel of Fortune
    __________________________________________________ ___________
    Not video game but 6 bottles of wine for $20...they are from the 70s
    http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/clt/1200706835.html
    __________________________________________________ _______
    This has been in the Seattle Craigslist for sometime now and won't budge on the price. Retro MS Pac-Man Tabletop Arcade Game and Perma-Power - $135
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/tag/1202204910.html
    __________________________________________________ __________
    Final Fantasy VII misprint - $150 (lacey)
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/clt/1202840970.html
    I have the black label misprint FFVII ps1 game for sale the game itself is in excellent quality and all disks are accounted for. I've seen this game in similar quality pass $200 on auction sites but don't have the time or patience to sell it that way.
    What the hell? Really you don't want to put it on ebay and get more?
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    FFVII Black Label $80
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/ele/1202845278.html
    Reply to:sale-chmfg-1202845278@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?] Date: 2009-06-03, 1:40AM PDT
    I am selling my original copy of Final Fantasy VII *Black Label* for the PS1. This will also work in PS2's and PS3's. Grab while you can. Send your name and number in a email and i will get back to you asap. This goes for over 100 on ebay alone!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    10 Playstation 2's - $400 (Kent)
    Reply to:sale-a4uyx-1203508430@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    Date: 2009-06-03, 10:56AM PDT
    I have 10 PS2's that are in great condition. Each system has 1 controller, 1 power cable, and 1 video cable. Let me know if you need more than 10.
    Call (253)813-3022 or Stop by 23651 104th Ave SE, Kent, WA 98031, or Email bigmo_and_lilpep@hotmail.com
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/tag/1203508430.html
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    I am done going through the listings today.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's another thing: Would people PLEASE stop it with the "My loss is your gain" bullshit? Pretty please??? And why is it that that's always used in ads where the price is stupidly high? YOU'RE NOT FOOLING ANYONE! XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mobiusclimber View Post
    That's another thing: Would people PLEASE stop it with the "My loss is your gain" bullshit? Pretty please??? And why is it that that's always used in ads where the price is stupidly high? YOU'RE NOT FOOLING ANYONE! XD
    There's a sucker born every minute. That is why prices are so high? I have no idea. I try to keep my prices on whatever I sell a good price for everyone. The reason being because they will come back to me first before they really go looking for themselves. The only things I will sell something really high is cars, or rare video game stuff like I wouldn't sell the Vectrex less then $50 or my NEO GEO AES for a $100. I will keep a high price for those, because even if I don't sell it, my friends and I will play it.

My loss is your gain...I have never said that. I hate that as well, why would you buy something then want to lose money on it within the time you bought it. The ads that I don't get are for like PS3 or 360, pretty much going like this: PS3 for $500 I need to make my car/apartment/food and I need to get rid of it. If you need to make rent on something why buy something expensive? If I have money issues I try to halt my buying until I can be in the clear again. Right now I am cleaning the room out because I am going to be having a garage sale soon and want to thin out the collection as well as I am getting my car repaired soon too. That's my 2 cents...well inflated lets make it $2 bucks.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by mobiusclimber View Post
    I've also noticed this statement cropping up often. It should say "My gain is your loss, dumbass."

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm kinda new on this website but here's my 2 cents on craigslist. I've bought and sold so many times on CL I already lost count. I browse it everyday hoping to pull up some awesome find waiting for me but nope, no dice at all for months except for a slim ps2. Anyway......

I try my best to avoid that horrid website because of how awful the overpricing is. Everybody over here thinks this stuff is worth gold. Let's put all the rare games aside for a minute. This is about common titles and stuff that just isn't worth shit anymore. Here's a summary of what you'll find doing a search in my area -

"NES system. Needs an AC adapter. Comes with super mario brothers 3 and excitebike. $175 firm."

"25 nintendo NES games. Make me an offer. I'll ignore anything stupid"

alright Mr. rockefeller, wanna give me a list of these "games" you have? Or is it gonna take you another 9 hours to get a list because you gotta finish smoking your pipe?

"Original dreamcast system! These are RARE AS HELL! asking $100."

"I have a sega genesis and a super nintendo with 12 games. Everything works great. Make me a reasonable offer. I can get $500 for this right now on ebay so be real."

I respect people who want to get top dollar for stuff but if you are looking for suckers or something like that, it's best you take it to ebay or some other site because craigslist is supposed to be the online garage sale flea market dump bargain basement prices.

Another thing that turns me off for craigslist dealing is how many flakes there are on there. Try buying or selling an item and you'll understand exactly what I'm talking about. Most of the time it takes forever to sell stuff and you get lowballers offering you half your asking price when it's already a good deal to begin with. And you get all kinds of people clogging up your inbox with "i'll take it! i have cash! is it still available?" "is this still available" "do you ship to western africa? i want this for a gift for my son, i pay with wire transfer!" When you reply, you never hear from them again. Trying posting a wanted ad to buy an item. You'll get a few people saying they have it and they'll sell it to you. Right, okay now send an email back asking for a phone number or location and yup, again, no answer. Don't you want my money? What made you suddenly dissapear and not want to reply back to me? Were you abducted by aliens? Have you no consideration for my time after agreeing to hold an item

I have strict rules for craigslist dealings now. Nobody gets a chance at what I sell unless I have a valid phone number or something to make sure the person is legit and serious about buying/selling. It cuts down on alot of the bullshit. I meet people away from my residence because there are alot of shady people out there who you don't want knowing where you live. As for buying I also have a phone # requirements so I can at least speak to the person and see how commited they can be for showing up when agreed and stuff.

People who overprice stuff give us honest collectors a bad name because everyone else thinks, "hey, see that guy, the one who came to our yard sale asking for video games, bet he sells them on ebay for more then he gives us, you know what? let's raise our prices". I mean us guys who just buy stuff to keep and play and don't give a cahoot about the value. Course everyone wants to get those gems. (I do! and cheap while i'm at it!)

I still browse craigslist, everyday actually, but I never hold my breath for anything. Happy hunting.

BTW - If you want an NES for $175-$250 with duck hunt come check the craigslist over here, theres lots of them waiting for you.

Y
    Last edited by Ye0ldmario; 06-04-2009 at 11:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

10 of the best Super Nintendo Games - $100 (Kent)
    Reply to: sale-kfpe6-1206169661@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    Date: 2009-06-04, 9:24PM PDT
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/ele/1206169661.html

10 of the best games made for the SNES.
    Games only, no boxes or manuals.

* Super Mario World
    * Super Mario World 2 - Yoshi's Island
    * NBA Jam
    * Mortal Kombat
    * Donkey Kong Country
    * Donkey Kong Country 2 - Diddy's Kong Quest
    * Super Star Wars
    * Super Mario Kart
    * The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past
    * Ken Griffey Jr. Major League Baseball

$100 o.b.o.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I almost have to wonder if there are uninformed people actually buying these overpriced systems? I mean, think about it. If you're some yuppie that works full time and is fairly ignorant of online sites such as ebay, and you want an original Nintendo system, where are you going to look? Sure, you could check thrift stores, garage sales, and so on, but what if you don't want to deal with the legwork? You're aware of Craigslist, so maybe you'll go there?

In my area, original Nintendo systems actually don't show up all THAT often on Craig's List. Maybe once a week. If that particular system is priced high, and it's the only one you see, and you're ignorant of what old games sell for, paying $100 for an "antique original Nintendo" might actually seem like an okay deal.

So. Yeah. It's almost tempting to just post an ad and see if people are actually interested.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When you're asking $150 for a nintendo with a bad case of blinkeritis you're out of line in my eyes.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Here's an overpriced NES system, way overpriced. System with 5 sport/common games for $175.
    http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ119721623

NINTENDO ***ATTENTION*** NES COLLECTORS
    Price: $175.00

**** NES ***
    NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM
    C/w 2 controllers & DUCK Zapper
    GAMES
    Super Mario Bros. w/ Duck Hunt
    Super Mario Bros. 3
    Golf
    SNK TOUCHDOWN FEVER
    SUPER BOWL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's one: http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/tag/1207586982.html

PSP = $100
    PS2 = $50
    Too lazy to list your games = epic fail!

ps2 and psp 4 sale 17 games must buy both - $400 (chehalis)
    Reply to: ---
    Date: 2009-06-05, 5:33PM PDT

playstation2 slim mand playstation portable for sale 16 games for the ps2, two memory cards and two controllers. psp has one game. call --- must buy both

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Rule #65 for posting on CL: If you find yourself typing up a justification for your price, it is too high!

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/tag/1207931131.html

Quote Originally Posted by James
    Game cube 4 games and a g3 extra controler - $300 (st.paul )
    Reply to: sale-rv3zs-1207931131@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    Date: 2009-06-06, 1:57AM CDT

i bought game cube the day it came out wainted in line a midnight at bestbuy thought it was going to be great but the truth of the matter is i played it (1) time and it has been sitting since when it came out it was 399.99 just for the console and i got 4 games to go along with it 1. starfox adventures 2. starwars 3. turok and number 4. eighteen wheelers and i got the extra controler the g3 black in color which at the time was 60 bucks but with time means less price which sucks but in total with all purchased at the time it was almost 700 bucks so all im asking is half or best offer it is basicly brand new i litteraly used it the night i bought it and that was it i hate the controls so i don't want it to take up space anymore so the closest to 300 wins good luck and thanks

James

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    Rule #65 for posting on CL: If you find yourself typing up a justification for your price, it is too high!

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/tag/1207931131.html
    Not to mention talking about how much the item you're trying to sell "sucks."

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gokugohandave View Post
    Please just stop talking. Maybe if they all had boxes.
    http://maine.craigslist.org/ele/1179682619.html
    that guy sent me an email and asked me if i was interested but his grammar and spelling was horrible. He copied and pasted the same exact thing in an email message to me. I don't know if he wanted 120 for everything or only certain things.

He told me he lived in massachusetts, wonder why he posted in maine?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ye0ldmario View Post
    Why was this ad bad? I guess you don't believe their story.

JY

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

because alot of these ads end up being someone either messing around or someone looking for free things to sell

kinda like the guy who will gladly take away your LCD television for FREE, but won't accept VCR's.
    Last edited by Ye0ldmario; 06-06-2009 at 05:18 PM.