Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So...Guitar Hero: World Tour Impressions

Peach (Level 3) Princess-Isabela's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAges View Post
    Is it all covers like how GH1 and 2 used to be?
    all masters.

ghwt is by no means rb2 quality but it is a great game nevertheless.
    it has some awesome songs in it - hot for teacher by van halen, tool venue, some muse, metallica, dream theater, joe satriani, etc...
    and recently announced jimi hendrix pack is coming so cannot complain.
    best bet is to get both games and buying dlc for both(I have over 400 tracks for RB/RB2 already and plan to purchasing every single track for both games because I love music games so much).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I must say that I never really got jazzed about world tour (which is why I went with RB2) for two main reasons. One: I don't like the idea of touch sensitive buttons, doesn't seem like they would be that accurate (and GT seems to have confirmed this), and Two: Build quality aside, I just didn't like the look of the drum set. I know it has two cymbals, but only three pads? When I found out that there would be a three cybal add on pack for RB that pretty much sealed the deal, since it would give me 7 pads overall.

I'll still probably pick up the game only though sometime in the future, cause some of the tracks and upcoming DLC seem really good, and I think the music creator will be a ton of fun once people get the hang of it, but for $190, the instruments just don't seem "there" yet. Though it did take RB a while to get it right, maybe WT2 will be a huge leap.

Insert Coin (Level 0) MadPixelz15's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

some great insight and impressions on it. I personally have not been able to see or play it yet but I can't wait to give it a shot... Any word yet on a possible PC release of it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slip81 View Post
    Yeah, I must say that I never really got jazzed about world tour (which is why I went with RB2) for two main reasons. One: I don't like the idea of touch sensitive buttons, doesn't seem like they would be that accurate (and GT seems to have confirmed this), and Two: Build quality aside, I just didn't like the look of the drum set. I know it has two cymbals, but only three pads? When I found out that there would be a three cybal add on pack for RB that pretty much sealed the deal, since it would give me 7 pads overall.

I'll still probably pick up the game only though sometime in the future, cause some of the tracks and upcoming DLC seem really good, and I think the music creator will be a ton of fun once people get the hang of it, but for $190, the instruments just don't seem "there" yet. Though it did take RB a while to get it right, maybe WT2 will be a huge leap.
    If you were hoping for RB2 cymbals, do not hold your breath for the triple pack. They pretty much just have a release date of "soon". It went from 10/31 to 12/5 to 11/30 within less than 5 days.