Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls V coming in 2010 for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Default Elder Scrolls V coming in 2010 for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC...

Exciting news indeed...

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...title-for-2010

Thank you, Bethesda! I'm happy with Fallout 3 for the forseeable future, but the news of Elder Scrolls V coming out for current gen machines is an undeniably awesome bonus.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

after the serious disappointment of Elderscrolls 4 im going to adopt a wait and see attitude.
    For lucky best wash, use Mr. Sparkle.

DP Feedback Thread
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...ight=mrsparkle

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fuck... thats not enough time. If that's the case, I'll have finished Morrowind by that time, and be a quarter the way through Oblivion.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrSparkle View Post
    after the serious disappointment of Elderscrolls 4 im going to adopt a wait and see attitude.
    Wait...what? You serious? I can see not being into it, but still seeing it as a well put together game...but "serious disappointment"? What didn't you like about it?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDomesticInstitution View Post
    Fuck... thats not enough time. If that's the case, I'll have finished Morrowind by that time, and be a quarter the way through Oblivion.
    Haha me too...I never finished TES3 or TES4...I love just running around exploring too much to be confined to a storyline

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Code_wizard View Post
    Wait...what? You serious? I can see not being into it, but still seeing it as a well put together game...but "serious disappointment"? What didn't you like about it?
    I played Morrowind to death, but I decided to forgo Oblivion when I heard that you couldn't make pants that let you fly (boots of blinding speed (magic resisted) + pants with continuous effect levitate 1). SUPER PANTS!!!!

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last edited by DefaultGen; 03-12-2023 at 06:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That'd be sweet, but I'm going to doubt it. The guy in the interview doesn't seem to sure about it either.

Oblivion is great but it took me about 30 hours to really start to get into it. Morrowind was my favorite game, so Oblivion had a lot to live up to. The scaling almost killed it for me, but after awhile I got used to it. My fingers are crossed that they don't use that system again though.

And yeah, I also made flying pants in Morrowind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I put a little over 200 hours in Oblivion and crave playing it all again, if my 360 hadn't have put a scratch ring on the disc....

I hope ESV has more environment variety, like snow/ice (what I want most), some islands, thick forests, more caves hidden in the lakes/rivers, some being optional that you find yourself. I know the areas around Bruma had snow and ice but there wasn't much you could do there, maybe only a few missions used it. It needs ice caves, etc.

I also was disappointed that I couldn't put a beard on my character in ESIV. All I could make was some blue fuzz.
    "Tell her you want to slide a hot throbbing cartridge in her warm tight console port. And if it starts blinking and flashing to just slide it back out and blow on it a little."--Sothy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

I think I've just been happy in my pants- my Oblivion save file has well over 170 hours on it and still climbing, 2 1/2 years after release. ESV will just consume me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hope ES V is smaller than Oblivion. That's right, I said it. I thought Oblivion was TOO big. I thought Morrowind with the two expansions was much more manageable.

And bring back the artifacts. They were my favorite part of Morrowind and Oblivion kind of did away with them. You got some as Daedra quest rewards, but that's not the same. I want to go into a cave knowing there's a chance I could find an "uber" item in there. Morrowind had that, Oblivion not so much.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by backguard View Post
    I played Morrowind to death, but I decided to forgo Oblivion when I heard that you couldn't make pants that let you fly (boots of blinding speed (magic resisted) + pants with continuous effect levitate 1). SUPER PANTS!!!!
    hah

Quote Originally Posted by carlcarlson View Post
    The scaling almost killed it for me, but after awhile I got used to it. My fingers are crossed that they don't use that system again though.
    I think they took the hint, fallout 3 uses scaling, but it does not REscale places you have already been, for example, if in game A you went to point X first then point Y the baddies in point X would be weaker than the baddies in point Y. If in game B you went to point Y then to point X, the the baddie level would be opposite. Quite a good solution me thinks.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think they took the hint, fallout 3 uses scaling, but it does not REscale places you have already been, for example, if in game A you went to point X first then point Y the baddies in point X would be weaker than the baddies in point Y. If in game B you went to point Y then to point X, the the baddie level would be opposite. Quite a good solution me thinks.
    Well, it only solves half the problem, the lesser half, which was just the annoyance and seeming unrealism of every marauder camp being fully decked out in the strongest armor/weapons. The other more pertinent half is that you're not going to face anything out of your league, and the challenge of higher risk and higher loot.

It's a good start, but that's all. IMO, they need to be very selective and careful with any kind of scaling they put into future games. It's no automated cureall replacement for more hand-crafted kinds of game balance, hopefully that's become clear enough by now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

let me sum up the story. Oh no bad guys king is dead you are the unlikely hero. Save the world hero.

alright so that takes you through about the first 5 minutes of the game. *snore* what uninspired crap now lets talk about the gameplay. OMGS! ITS AN OBLIVIONS GATE GO SHUT IT DOWN *shuts it down* HOLY FUCKNUTS I HEARD THURS LIKE 800 MORE OF THESE THINGS, YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO!? *teleports all over the place* "wow good thing i dont have to walk around and explore the environment anymore that shit sucked!" Hey i am a shopkeeper with a less than keen disposition towards you perhaps you can turn my wheels more than just figuratively *boasts* OH I LIKE YOU SO MUCH AFTER THAT HEARTY BOAST THAT I WILL ACCEPT BETTER TRADE DEALS.

Just about the only way i thought this game was improved over morrowind with the exception of the graphics was the combat which was decidedly more engaging. But i mean seriously sit down play through morrowind then sit down and play through Oblivion its like comparing phantom menace to empire strikes back. A bunch of flashy special effects can't make your pile of shit into a masterpiece any more than jar jar binks was funny. */rant*

DP Feedback Thread

Strawberry (Level 2) JunkTheMagicDragon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    shaftinator84

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    Elder Scrolls V coming out for current gen machines is an undeniably awesome bonus.
    to be fair, bethesda doesn't explicitly state that es5 would be on 360/ps3; just that that's what they're focusing on. given bethesda's history of delays, i'd bet it'll slip to the next gen.

and i hope it's more like morrowind than oblivion. oblivion was pretty, but the enemy scaling made it pretty annoying for me. i'm 60hrs in, haven't touched the main quest, and i still feel like a weakling whenever i go out exploring. morrowind's superior story, architecture, and sense of "over here i'm a badass; over here i get my ass kicked" difficulty made it lot more engrossing for me.

now if they could only make their games less buggy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

let me sum up the story. */rant*
    You're entitled to your opinion and all that, but c'mon...

Relax. Let's have a little perspective here.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Oblivion on its own merits is not a horrible game. But when compared with the awesomeness that was morrowind it was pretty disappointing. That being said i did give it a good 100-120 hour run. Beat the main story, joined most of the guilds and topped out my rank in them, Won the arena circuit, did most of the sidequests. It was just really obvious that they were catering to a completely different audience with oblivion, non stop action, much less depth of story development. As you said this is just my opinion, but it is an opinion that alot of morrowind fans share.

DP Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JunkTheMagicDragon View Post
    i'm 60hrs in, haven't touched the main quest...
    Uh oh, you're screwed.

Oblivion on its own merits is not a horrible game. But when compared with the awesomeness that was morrowind it was pretty disappointing. That being said i did give it a good 100-120 hour run. Beat the main story, joined most of the guilds and topped out my rank in them, Won the arena circuit, did most of the sidequests. It was just really obvious that they were catering to a completely different audience with oblivion, non stop action, much less depth of story development. As you said this is just my opinion, but it is an opinion that alot of morrowind fans share.
    This is a much less obnoxious way of expressing your opinion though. Put this way, I'll agree with everything you said (aside from the non-stop action part).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by carlcarlson View Post
    This is a much less obnoxious way of expressing your opinion though. Put this way, I'll agree with everything you said (aside from the non-stop action part).
    haha much less obnoxious and not nearly as fun

DP Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Why can't you force yourself to turn the difficulty level down if its so hard?

That's what I did, and Oblivion has been a much more enjoyable experience as a result.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I was forced to tune the difficulty down a bit because it was taking 500 hits to kill ogres with my ultra magic sword of doom. I also had to mod it to not do as much of that stupid enemy difficulty scaling. It robs you of your sense of accomplishment, you beat up a ton of these weak enemies get stronger and then dont even get to one shot them for fun as they've been replaced with something just as hard as they were at first. Also once you get to the higher levels all the enemies are rocking ungodly gear so you quickly lose all sense of value in your equipment and character leveling. i just feel sorry for those suckers rocking the console versions who only have the official mods to work with.

DP Feedback Thread