Thread: Rumor: Backtalk in EA's Forums, Get Banned From Your Games?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default Rumor: Backtalk in EA's Forums, Get Banned From Your Games?

http://kotaku.com/5070957/backtalk-i...rom-your-games

The Rumor is EA changed their forum policy.

The Rumor Policy is it will tie your forum login to your Master EA Account. If you get hit with the ban hammer for misbehaving in a forum, you could find that you are locked out of your purchased games as well.

I guess EA doesn't want anyone like Fighter 17 to play video games published by their company anymore.

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

That's...idiotic. I don't even see the benefit to EA. Something that draconian will not help revenue. If anything, all it'll do is turn their forums into ghost towns.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think its horrible, but super clever.

How many people read through all of the ToS of a game that they install?

How many people read through all of the ToS of a forum they are a part of?

The angry people do not know their rights. It is like getting pulled over while you are super drunk and being mad at the cop when he wants to give you a sobriety test.

Or maybe your insurance wants to pull your policy for always driving drunk. Or maybe they want to stop letting you loan the money for that car and pay it all off now so that they don't have to deal with a drunk driver.

So, uh, who reads every single ToS fully? I don't.

I honestly hope more companies do this. We won't have 15 year old kids running away from home when parents take away their 360. Seriously, some of these kids get out of hand.

Besides, it is their company. They can do whatever the hell they want. Will it turn off customers? No. Hell, Spore still became a top seller for how long again? DRM did not stop sales on that, because nobody cared.

I hate to say it, us nerds can get mad at stuff all we want, but the general population won't get mad when we do. They didn't care about Spore's DRM, do you honestly think they will care about a ban hammer from forums killing their account? No. You can't use the "well C&C3 is a pc game" thing, because Spore is also a pc game.

The huge amazon thing with comments on Spore, that did not stop sales. It maybe madre the sales trip on a pebble, but that was about it.

I am not saying it to troll, I am speaking the truth. Check the numbers for yourself if you don't believe me.

What this will do is make people shut the hell up. If they don't like it, ban hammer, too bad so sad.

Think of it this way: what would happen if somebnody came on DP and started talking trash on DP. I bet that person would get a ban hammer. Hell, if I was a mod, I would give somebody a ban hammer for joining a community and then talking trash about it.

This also bans from games as well. Well if you are known as a wild troller/flamer on message boards, EA is just avoiding problems and complaints from you online when playing and assumes that the way you act in message boards is how you act when playing the game online.

I think the policy is crazy stupid, but I can see where they are coming from. Remember, EA isn't exactly pushing out MMOs here people, offline stuff will work. Now maybe people playign EA games will stop flaming so f'ing much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Who cares, if someone can't act like they're at least 10 years old in a forum, their disappearance from a game is no big loss.