Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I hate you all for having Hollywood Video stores near you.

Here's the other stuff I've picked up during the week:

Wednesday:

Both DVD sets (11 DVDs in total!) cost me $5 - I'll be trading these in to the FYE store a few miles away to get credit to buy some games (they're worth about 30 together). South Park is mint and cost me $4. I bought it to replace my beat up copy.

*blushes* I had no idea what these are, but they're ridiculous movies, so what the hell. XD

Thursday:

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars was $3 brand new (it's for me); Civ IV Mac was a buck (for ebay); Marvel Super Heroes was two bucks (for Goozex, I need the points, and the game sucks. )

Friday (Today):

Random Video Professor things: 3 bucks each. For eBay. I left three behind which I'll be picking up tomorrow.

Contra - $3
    Wizardry Archives - $1 (for eBay, apparently these are super valuable?!)
    Word 2000 SR-1 - $2 (but... I think it's a bootleg, dammit.)
    Picture It Publishing - Paid too much. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Arrived in the mail today from Amazon:

DS:
    Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (new) - $27.99 shipped

This puts me at 30 DS games.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I went to Hollywood video andf got a few games. They actually had a dreamcast game, Blue Stinger. I was shocked.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just got home from the mall...

The upstairs Gamestop had a big cardboard box sitting by the counter. I walk up to it and see a bunch of posters, mostly for the new James Bond. I look a little deeper, and realize that this is all the holiday promotional materials. I figure that they're putting everything up, but then I notice that they're already done swapping all their displays. "They sent us a double shipment. You can take whatever," says the lady behind the counter.

^_^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pictures after I go through everything.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pop Star promo box
    XBox Live card promo backings
    XBox camera boxes
    XBox 60gb HDD box
    Memory Stick Poster
    Destroy All Humans poster
    "Santa Bunny Display" assembly instructions (my friend took the bunny, we let them throw out the rest of the display)
    Bag of shelf clips for Call Of Duty sign
    TWO big packs of promotional case inserts
    "Marketing Guide" - lists all the stuff that each store gets, where to put it, and how to put it together (NEAT!)
    Call of Duty...thing - I haven't opened this one yet. No idea what it is...
    Gears of War 2 promo cases X4 (I can always use green cases)
    GameStop-Make-A-Wish-Foundation buttons

Posters, section signs, big-boxes, etc.

Now I need to figure out where to put everything. I could turn my room into a GameStop, heh heh heh...

I skipped on all the big Christmas signs and stuff that wasn't really game-related. Still, I needed my friend to help carry the stuff to my car. Those posters are just really big...

Edit: I looked in that Call of Duty package. The "mission briefing" is a guide to hosting a release party for CoD. There's more promotional signs and stuff, of which I particularly like the used system stand-up signs.

"GameStop Department of Defense"

Lastly, I was going through the case inserts, and I stumbled upon THIS. I thought that the "Imagine" series was about things you could GROW UP to be!
    Last edited by NayusDante; 11-07-2008 at 08:59 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Went to Half Price books today after dinner, found they marked the Atari games down to an OK price. Not great, but $1 each isn't awful. A few were still marked $2, I got them to cut them down to $1. The SNES game was $5. The top right game is Swordquest Earthworld

Went to Goodwill after that, found some Intellivision games in great condition. All of the games were R1 (online DP rarity guide + cellphone = win), but in that condition, I had to pick up some. They were marked $5 each, I asked the clerk if she would go lower, she said she could go $2.50 each if I bought most of them.

Not all of them are in this condition, some are missing inserts or instructions, but most of them are like this:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

picked up a few sega cd titles via ebay.... Sonic CD, Microcosm, Ground Zero Texas, A D&D Eye of the Beholder, and Wing Commander all for $24 shipped.... all complete but the boxes are mostly worn and i noticed that one of the discs are missing from ground zero

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Went to a local consignment store yesterday that I frequent regularly enough -- they had a whole bunch of Nintendo NES games there which were $5 each for quite a while now. I previously bought the really really good ones a long time ago, but the owner sold me the whole lot of them that were left (27, actually) for $10 total. Some really common ones, but some decent ones too.
    --
    10 Yard Fight
    Bandai Golf Challenge Pebble Beach
    Bionic Commando
    Captain Skyhawk
    Deadly Towers
    Dungeon Magic
    Greg Norman's Golf Power
    Guardian Legend
    Hoops
    Jeopardy! 25th Silver Anniversary
    John Elway's Quarterback
    Karnov
    Little League Baseball Championship Series
    R.C. Pro-Am
    Ring King
    Robocop
    Roger Clemens' MVP Baseball
    Silent Service
    Solar Jetman
    Stealth ATF
    Super Mario Bros. 3
    Superspike V'Ball/Nintendo World Cup
    Tecmo NBA Basketball
    TMNT II: The Arcade Game
    Time Lord
    Top Gun Second Mission
    Win Lose or Draw
    --
    Nothing really rare obviously, but for $10, still a good deal.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post

*blushes* I had no idea what these are, but they're ridiculous movies, so what the hell. XD
    Great find. I watched a few of those on late-night cable when I was younger. Picasso Trigger is another one in that bunch. The man was a visionary when it came to casting Playboy playmates in B-grade action movies. Every few minutes, somebody gets naked, something blows up, or somebody dies in a creative manner. Good times.

Level 10 Manly Pink Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pirate OTK
    PSN
    theguywithus

Quote Originally Posted by ncman071 View Post
    i noticed that one of the discs are missing from ground zero
    D'oh!

Maybe you should ask the seller if he still might have it. *shrug*

Insert Coin (Level 0) Letiumtide's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Letiumtide

Panzer Dragoon II Zwei
    Loaded
    Mr. Bones
    Mahjong
    Virtual Troopers On(?)
    Virtua Fighters Remix

Columns III
    Virtual Pinball
    Sonic 3D

Key (Level 9) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got this stuff from my youngest brother for $6 for all:

Seems he traded away Doom II and Metroid Fusion for GBA to a local shop. I wanted them I would have gave him more than what he probably got for them!

And my other brother's friends came over for their weekly Thursday "Children's Card Game Nite" and the one who works a local comic book store gave me this nice poster:

Last edited by DDCecil; 11-08-2008 at 01:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

At a yard sale I got a NES toploader that doesn't seem to work, SMB 3, anticipation, and caveman games, 2 controllers, and an RF cable for 5 bucks.

At another sale I got Spyro Ripto's Rage in a spyro the dragon case for 25 cents.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

FLEA MARKET

NES System with 10 games $50.00
    SNES system and plug $11.00
    SNES Super Mario World(marked $8.00 Got it for $2.00
    Coca Cola items $5.00 for all
    Nerf Guns 2 for $3.00
    Cordless phone(a spare) $1.00
    Pencil Sharpener $3.00
    plastic gun $5.00(dad bought son

I was very surprised at the turnout..I left early with my Dad and Son...it was drizzling rain..Got there and some vendors were packing up so I quickly looked through what I could from where I was..
    Still the place was huge and mobbed.

My whole goal today was to buy a Nintendo to complete a Deluxe,......rob the robot set..
    I am just not finding NES systems in thw wild like I used to.

Third vendor in had a bunch of PS systems,1 N64 and and 1 dirty SNES all sprawled out in a big mess,one here one there with no hookups
    ..I know the Father and Son vendors for like 10 years now and always shake their hands and say hi...The father who is about 400 pds sits near the rear of the truck while the Son and his wife do the dealings on the grounds .I ask the Son how much for the SNES $10.00..I go looking for it's hookups,wires here and there within the big mess.

.I find the plug and RF..someone else grabbed the generic RF as I picked it up...It was tangled up with plug so we pulled the stuff apart and I took the plug..$11.00 total with the plug so I pay the Son a $20....$21.00..His wife gives me $10.00 change..His Dad says to the Son to send me over to him to Pay as he wanted to raise the price.
    The Dad would of said $15.00 for the SNES and $5.00 for the AC in which I would of left it..The Son wants to sell the crap not pack it all back in the truck(as he's told me many times)..I know better to ask prices from the dad.
    I pay say my goodbye and start to walk away,I turn to look at my Dad who had a PISSED off look on his face..He's arguing with the Son,guy I just paid..I run back over and my dad is telling the Son that we are not there to STEAL..What had happened is,the dad shouted out to the Son to watch:"me"...that I was going to walk away with the SNES system(because I happen to be looking around his other stuff for the hookups,controller.

My dad was pissed and was telling them off as the dad is an (.....)
    After the Son explained how his dad is and sadly even though he knows us for years he thinks everyone is out to rob him.
    I did not hear his dad say to watch me or I would of walked up to him and placed the system in his lap and said to shove it.
    SNES Super Mario World(marked $8.00 Got it for $2.00..Is this really $2.00,no it's 2..Ok..

Every vendor I run into who has NES games wants $5.00 each,no haggle...Beat up common junk..
    I watch as people pick up the common games,get on the cell to call someone I guess for them to check on ebay if the games are worth more...
    One guy had a nice big pile of PS2,PS,DC and NES games..but PS-DC games are $10.00 each,PS2 $15.00-20.00 each.nes $5.00
    .He was on the cell asking about each game price and wound up not buying anything..What a waste of time as he was still on the phone when I passed a second time..
    I had looked through it all and nothing was worth that much..
    Pass by later and nothing was sold.
    .................................................. .................................................
    NES system,the only one in the whole place..Wife and husband vendor team,,
    The Box of NES stuff sat on a high volume of people to pass corner ..

I asked how much..The lady says she wants $100.00 and goes through whole what it's worth on ebay Crap(OMG!! how I hate that)

She wants $50.00 but keeps saying she wants to up the price..that she doesn't know.
    I laugh and offer her $30.00 and shove her Ebay BS right back at her.
    ....I leave and since she was located on a corner that I will pass by a dozen times I keep seeing people looking through the box and nothing sell
    Another pass I offer her $35 then $40.00 and she says she might up it to $75.00 as she just got "ebay informed' over her cell.

I told her informed of what?she's getting me pissed off with the Ebay shit..
    I say>I tell you what"why don't you sell it on ebay then(her=big smile).."and" if you want to prove something to me I'll go home and get my laptop and you can show me,..I asked,please don't use the ebay BS on me I'm tired of hearing that
    ................................I offer $45.00..NOPE..
    My dad pulls me away,
    My Dad now wants me to buy the thing for $50.00 as he knows I went there to get an NES and that the lady was being an ass...This lady had me so frustrated I just had to buy the thing.

I give her three 20s,$60.00 and she doesn't have change..(because she hasn't sold nothing=too high priced)..
    As I turn around to change the $20 with my Dad for a $10.00... a father and Son(kid 15 or so)now has the pile of 10 NES games in hand.

.She's now selling the games to them with my money in hand.(what the heck is going on).I take back my $50.00 and she says if I would buy the system for $35.00..I say No,sell it to them then
    ..I start to walk away..They wanted to buy the 10 games for $1.00 each,then $2 each
    ..the lady was pushing for $5 each but they had to buy them all(counting counting...greed,greed she keeps counting...
    ...they wound up offering $15,$20.00 then $25.00...She goes $30.00...She's now going back and forth to me and them..

I told them that I had already bought the whole thing for $50.00 off her and that I don't know what the heck she is doing now...If you guys want it give her the $50.00 she wanted from me..

She figured she'll make more...... $60.00..if she sells them the games for $25.00 and me the system for $35.00
    ..I say $50.00,take it or leave it..I'm gone.
    I'm not going to go through the whole thing with this lady again for the NES system alone.

The father and Son look at me and ask if I'd sell the games to them for $1-$2.00 each....I told them.I'm not going to pay $50.00 for the lot to her then sell the games cheap to you...
    They walked away pissed...pissed off at me..

So I sucked it up and paid the $50.00,,I usually would of walked away..but she didn't win the getting more then $50.00

Did I get ripped off LMK>>

$50.00
    (nice clean)NES system,1 controller,plug,rf,zapper .10 games
    SMB/Duck Hunt
    Mike Tyson's Punch Out
    Star Tropics
    Excite bike
    Donkey Kong Classics
    Donkey Kong 3
    Ice Climber
    10 Yard Fight
    Balloon Fight
    Double Dragon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

GEEZ! Hollywood Video has done me well...

Here's the rest of the stuff I've picked up from their 3.99 sale...

Marvel vs Capcom 2
    Mario Party 6
    Mario Party 7
    Mario Superstar Baseball
    Animal Crossing
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
    Mario Power Tennis
    Kirby Air Ride
    Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
    Donal Duck: Goin' Quackers
    GrimGrimoire
    Dragon Quest VII

Also got my first famicom cart: Super Mario Bros. to test out my penguin on.

My long awaited FC Mobile came too.

Found Panzer Dragoon Orta at gamestop, 6.99
    Tea is for terrorists-Leo Laporte

Klingons Invented Saran Wrap

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Letiumtide View Post
    Virtual Troopers On(?)
    Virtual On: Cyber Troopers

Awesome game, not too many other robot fighters. I've got the PC version, which has crappy gamepad support.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Letiumtide's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Letiumtide

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    Virtual On: Cyber Troopers

Awesome game, not too many other robot fighters. I've got the PC version, which has crappy gamepad support.
    Yeah that's it, I wasn't sure because I was posting from work.

I also picked up

Arkanoid - NES
    Bubble Bobble - SAT

A boxed orange N64
    Model 2 Genesis box.

I'm tempted to pick up the only version of the Sega CD I do not have, the one that attaches the bottom to a Model 1 Genesis. We got one in at work, so it won't cost me too much, but I'm still not sure.

I have a bunch of stuff sitting around in my bin at work. I really should clean that out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atari 5200 View Post
    GEEZ! Hollywood Video has done me well...

Here's the rest of the stuff I've picked up from their 3.99 sale...

Marvel vs Capcom 2
    Mario Party 6
    Mario Party 7
    Mario Superstar Baseball
    Animal Crossing
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
    Mario Power Tennis
    Kirby Air Ride
    Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
    Donal Duck: Goin' Quackers
    GrimGrimoire
    Dragon Quest VII

Also got my first famicom cart: Super Mario Bros. to test out my penguin on.

My long awaited FC Mobile came too.

Found Panzer Dragoon Orta at gamestop, 6.99
    Wow MvC2 for $4, not bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

I got the NES to work mostly. It needed a new power cord. ^_^

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    FLEA MARKET

NES System with 10 games $50.00
    SNES system and plug $11.00
    SNES Super Mario World(marked $8.00 Got it for $2.00
    Coca Cola items $5.00 for all
    Nerf Guns 2 for $3.00
    Cordless phone(a spare) $1.00
    Pencil Sharpener $3.00
    plastic gun $5.00(dad bought son

I was very surprised at the turnout..I left early with my Dad and Son...it was drizzling rain..Got there and some vendors were packing up so I quickly looked through what I could from where I was..
    Still the place was huge and mobbed.

My whole goal today was to buy a Nintendo to complete a Deluxe,......rob the robot set..
    I am just not finding NES systems in thw wild like I used to.

Third vendor in had a bunch of PS systems,1 N64 and and 1 dirty SNES all sprawled out in a big mess,one here one there with no hookups
    ..I know the Father and Son vendors for like 10 years now and always shake their hands and say hi...The father who is about 400 pds sits near the rear of the truck while the Son and his wife do the dealings on the grounds .I ask the Son how much for the SNES $10.00..I go looking for it's hookups,wires here and there within the big mess.

.I find the plug and RF..someone else grabbed the generic RF as I picked it up...It was tangled up with plug so we pulled the stuff apart and I took the plug..$11.00 total with the plug so I pay the Son a $20....$21.00..His wife gives me $10.00 change..His Dad says to the Son to send me over to him to Pay as he wanted to raise the price.
    The Dad would of said $15.00 for the SNES and $5.00 for the AC in which I would of left it..The Son wants to sell the crap not pack it all back in the truck(as he's told me many times)..I know better to ask prices from the dad.
    I pay say my goodbye and start to walk away,I turn to look at my Dad who had a PISSED off look on his face..He's arguing with the Son,guy I just paid..I run back over and my dad is telling the Son that we are not there to STEAL..What had happened is,the dad shouted out to the Son to watch:"me"...that I was going to walk away with the SNES system(because I happen to be looking around his other stuff for the hookups,controller.

My dad was pissed and was telling them off as the dad is an (.....)
    After the Son explained how his dad is and sadly even though he knows us for years he thinks everyone is out to rob him.
    I did not hear his dad say to watch me or I would of walked up to him and placed the system in his lap and said to shove it.
    SNES Super Mario World(marked $8.00 Got it for $2.00..Is this really $2.00,no it's 2..Ok..

Every vendor I run into who has NES games wants $5.00 each,no haggle...Beat up common junk..
    I watch as people pick up the common games,get on the cell to call someone I guess for them to check on ebay if the games are worth more...
    One guy had a nice big pile of PS2,PS,DC and NES games..but PS-DC games are $10.00 each,PS2 $15.00-20.00 each.nes $5.00
    .He was on the cell asking about each game price and wound up not buying anything..What a waste of time as he was still on the phone when I passed a second time..
    I had looked through it all and nothing was worth that much..
    Pass by later and nothing was sold.
    .................................................. .................................................
    NES system,the only one in the whole place..Wife and husband vendor team,,
    The Box of NES stuff sat on a high volume of people to pass corner ..

I asked how much..The lady says she wants $100.00 and goes through whole what it's worth on ebay Crap(OMG!! how I hate that)

She wants $50.00 but keeps saying she wants to up the price..that she doesn't know.
    I laugh and offer her $30.00 and shove her Ebay BS right back at her.
    ....I leave and since she was located on a corner that I will pass by a dozen times I keep seeing people looking through the box and nothing sell
    Another pass I offer her $35 then $40.00 and she says she might up it to $75.00 as she just got "ebay informed' over her cell.

I told her informed of what?she's getting me pissed off with the Ebay shit..
    I say>I tell you what"why don't you sell it on ebay then(her=big smile).."and" if you want to prove something to me I'll go home and get my laptop and you can show me,..I asked,please don't use the ebay BS on me I'm tired of hearing that
    ................................I offer $45.00..NOPE..
    My dad pulls me away,
    My Dad now wants me to buy the thing for $50.00 as he knows I went there to get an NES and that the lady was being an ass...This lady had me so frustrated I just had to buy the thing.

I give her three 20s,$60.00 and she doesn't have change..(because she hasn't sold nothing=too high priced)..
    As I turn around to change the $20 with my Dad for a $10.00... a father and Son(kid 15 or so)now has the pile of 10 NES games in hand.

.She's now selling the games to them with my money in hand.(what the heck is going on).I take back my $50.00 and she says if I would buy the system for $35.00..I say No,sell it to them then
    ..I start to walk away..They wanted to buy the 10 games for $1.00 each,then $2 each
    ..the lady was pushing for $5 each but they had to buy them all(counting counting...greed,greed she keeps counting...
    ...they wound up offering $15,$20.00 then $25.00...She goes $30.00...She's now going back and forth to me and them..

I told them that I had already bought the whole thing for $50.00 off her and that I don't know what the heck she is doing now...If you guys want it give her the $50.00 she wanted from me..

She figured she'll make more...... $60.00..if she sells them the games for $25.00 and me the system for $35.00
    ..I say $50.00,take it or leave it..I'm gone.
    I'm not going to go through the whole thing with this lady again for the NES system alone.

The father and Son look at me and ask if I'd sell the games to them for $1-$2.00 each....I told them.I'm not going to pay $50.00 for the lot to her then sell the games cheap to you...
    They walked away pissed...pissed off at me..

So I sucked it up and paid the $50.00,,I usually would of walked away..but she didn't win the getting more then $50.00

Did I get ripped off LMK>>

$50.00
    (nice clean)NES system,1 controller,plug,rf,zapper .10 games
    SMB/Duck Hunt
    Mike Tyson's Punch Out
    Star Tropics
    Excite bike
    Donkey Kong Classics
    Donkey Kong 3
    Ice Climber
    10 Yard Fight
    Balloon Fight
    Double Dragon
    A few uncommon games there and a few that sell high, so overall you didn't make that bad of a deal, dk3 isn't very easy to find and the classic cart is always desirable. not a steal but you didn't get screwed over either (assuming the system works well)