0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by spoon View Post
    Also, I Was wondering about the achievements on the 360 version, I was trying to get the three different achievements for reaching level 8 either with good, neutral or bad karma. I had a save right before I leveled up. After I did, I tried to load up the save and switch my karma. I could switch the karma, but, no matter how much xp I got, I could never level up and the achievement would not pop.

I wonder if they programmed it that way so people would not take the easy rout to get the achievement?
    Not a glitch. I just did the same thing and got all three achievements. I got the good karma achievement regularly and got the other two by killing people in Megaton.

The Shivering Isles expansion for Oblivion had a similar achievement that you could get then reload your save and get the other (Duke of Dementia/Duke of Mania). I figured you could do the same in this game and confirmed it this afternoon.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    alxbly
    PSN
    alxbly

Seven and a half hours into the 360 version and I've only encountered one, very minor glitch; I shot a raider and his dead body floated just above the ground. Where are all these glitches?

*tempts fate*

Xbox Live: alxbly | PSN: alxbly | Wii friend code: 2326 4589 7536 6941

Strawberry (Level 2) emceelokey's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm about two hours into the 360 version and all I've encountered so far is was after I got killed once, my body pretty much fell into the gorund. Nothing that really affected gameplay though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

had my first glitch ;p rotars on the helecopters go bat shit crazy when they explode ;p was awesome

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't run into a single glitch yet. I'm about 10 hours into the game so far. Loving every minute of it at this point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

/me Points and laughs at stu's luck!
    zomg I have a sig

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

for the PS3 version, I've seen black looking 2D blocks flickering in some rare occasions on the screen, I've had it freeze on me a couple of times, and I've actually had the game quit out on me and go directly back to the XMB while I was in the middle of playing it. These haven't happened too much, but they are definately in there.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by Emuaust View Post
    /me Points and laughs at stu's luck!
    Shut up Emu!

Well i'm playing the 360 version and I had it glitch on the GOAT test 5 times in a row on me. I was taking a few items from the medical tray in dads office, and then going out and talking to Wally first, diffusing the situation and getting him to try and pull rank and walk away. I'd then talk to Tunnel Rats Rule! dude and then Biff after that. Going into class and then sitting down (first seat, or second) it would start the sequence, but when the guy coughed, the teacher didn't respond and I would just sit there.

I finally got to take the GOAT by talking to Wally, diffusing the situation and then punching Tunnel Rats Rule! in the back of the head and fighting them until they backed off. Once I sat down, THEN I could take the GOAT.

Then after I left 101 I stepped outside, only to have my system give me a read error and crash. I'm pretty sure this drive is dying so i'm not going to blame that on the game.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    EMC2INTOSH

Ive had one where theres these weird blocky like graphics obstructing a good portion of my view that follow me no matter where I turn. I had it in the first couple of hours and then I had it way later in the game after purchasing a work bench from moira...her place and my place got glitched. I then reloaded a previous save and found out she has a workbench in her place so I decided not to buy it.

Other than that the only thing I can think of is a bloatfly(those the names?) get stuck in a wall.

Strawberry (Level 2) JunkTheMagicDragon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    shaftinator84

as much as i want to play this, i think i'll just wait till the eventual goty edition with an expansion, bugfixes, etc. gotta love bethesda, but they do have pretty buggy games. but i usually don't complain what with the freedom and customization you get along with the bugs.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

I just want to say that thus far I've encountered no glitches. Once or twice I've had a raider catch on a door frame or chunk of masonry. But not a huge deal, makes killing them easy enough. Nothing like Oblivion, or worse Morrowind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    EMC2INTOSH

I just had this game freeze on me twice...im making my way to rivet city and the first time I hit Tepid Sewers it froze. Had to turn off the system and when I turned it back on my save file was corrupted. Thankfully ima very compulsive saver and had a back up save from like 2 minutes before the glitch took place. This time I got past Tepid Sewers for like 30 seconds before it froze again. Again I had to turn off the system. I dont know if this save file got corrupted or not because I havent turned it back on yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wow dunno y u guys are getting so many glitches i ran through the entire thing practically 100% (except for that awesome vtol thing :P)

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think it's a glitch, but every once in a while (while I'm walking around or turning) there will be a quick pause, like the game misses a beat to juggle data around in RAM or it hits some kind of bottleneck. Half a second later, it's running perfectly fine. This happens once or twice an hour and if you blink you miss it. Has anyone else seen noticed this?

I've also seen skeletons and corpses clipping through walls. Like 5 feet off the floor and shaking and jittering around. Landmines that rest a good 6-9 inches off the ground. Guards that shoot through doors. Ugh. Not nearly as bad as Oblivion (PC) was in the first few weeks, but still.

Oh yeah, and the kids are all invincible. What's up with that?? This throws a huge wrench in my homicidal killing sprees in this camp or that city. Goddammit, ESRB. Shooting a dog with a rocket launcher and hacking away at preacher with a flaming machete is A-OK. But slipping a live grenade in a 10-year old's pocket is out of bounds? Bah!

I've got the 360 version now and will pick up the PC version a few years down the road. After all the expansion packs and patches are released and the mods are completed. In 2011, I may have a cheapo computer powerful enough to match the 360. Who knows?
    Collector of 1,673 strategy guides, and BlazBlue ain't one of them.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by DonMarco View Post
    But slipping a live grenade in a 10-year old's pocket is out of bounds? Bah!
    Glad to see I'm not the only one to try that stunt. >.>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DonMarco View Post
    I don't think it's a glitch, but every once in a while (while I'm walking around or turning) there will be a quick pause, like the game misses a beat to juggle data around in RAM or it hits some kind of bottleneck. Half a second later, it's running perfectly fine. This happens once or twice an hour and if you blink you miss it. Has anyone else seen noticed this?

I've also seen skeletons and corpses clipping through walls. Like 5 feet off the floor and shaking and jittering around. Landmines that rest a good 6-9 inches off the ground. Guards that shoot through doors. Ugh. Not nearly as bad as Oblivion (PC) was in the first few weeks, but still.

Oh yeah, and the kids are all invincible. What's up with that?? This throws a huge wrench in my homicidal killing sprees in this camp or that city. Goddammit, ESRB. Shooting a dog with a rocket launcher and hacking away at preacher with a flaming machete is A-OK. But slipping a live grenade in a 10-year old's pocket is out of bounds? Bah!

I've got the 360 version now and will pick up the PC version a few years down the road. After all the expansion packs and patches are released and the mods are completed. In 2011, I may have a cheapo computer powerful enough to match the 360. Who knows?
    didn't notice those glitches i've thrown over 200 mines on the floor and all of em stay properly (except on the slopes they bounce around and land upside down :/).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by FlufflePuff View Post
    I haven't run into a single glitch yet. I'm about 10 hours into the game so far. Loving every minute of it at this point.
    Same here, PC version running flawless.

Dual Core 3.0ghz + 8800GT OC

Only crash I can make happen is if I try to tab out.. then it gives an error and closes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    EMC2INTOSH

Well last night I tried it again one more time and got a bit further before I had some crazy graphic glitches. There were these black textures and it obscured my view for the most part. I dont really know how to explain it. Then after a bit it froze again. I havent played yet today but will be trying again soon. Apparently theres been some people able to fix some of these problems by clearing there cache on there xbox 360 which I guess i'll do to see what happens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    EMC2INTOSH

Well I dont know if clearing the cache helped for sure but I have the game working again. I made it to Rivet City and other than having one person just outright disappear into thin air the game has been fine.

Strawberry (Level 2) emceelokey's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I enounter the "auto shoot" glitch. I was fighting then got killed while I was shooting then after I respawned I wouldn't stop shooting or attacking. I saved the game then had to go back to the dashboard and reboot the game to get beck to normal.